Robotic Toolbox Bundle

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
buddard
RE Developer

29 Apr 2020

We've just released the Robotic Toolbox Bundle, an assortment of utility REs that we've released over the years:
  • MT-1 Metrotone
  • Compare CV Scope
  • TM-1 Trigger Multiplexer
  • TS-1 Time Slider
  • CV-I Audio to CV
  • CV-O CV to Audio
  • Select CV Switch
Our oldest devices have received a substantial facelift to make them fit in visually with the newer devices.
But that's not all: Some of them have been updated to receive a bunch of new feaures, too!

MT-1 Metrotone Metronome 2.0:

Changes:
  • 10 new tones, bringing up the total to 14
  • Full support for time signature automation
  • Sample accurate playback
  • Major facelift!
  • Now requires Reason 10.1 or later
  • Now obeys the Run Devices button when inside a Combinator
  • Free update for existing owners

Compare CV Scope 2.0:

Changes:
  • Bigger waveform display with more than twice the resolution
  • Added a rectifier (half wave and full wave) for each input channel
  • Added VCA inputs for each channel
  • Major facelift!
  • Now requires Reason 9.2 or later

TM-1 Trigger Multiplexer 1.3:

TM-1 1.3.0 back LowRes.png
TM-1 1.3.0 back LowRes.png (177.52 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
  • Individual Gate outs for each channel, turning the device into a 3-in-1: A multiplexer, a CV drum trigger, and a drum remapper
  • A new bunch of template combinators

We also took the opportunity to bump Select to 2.0 and give it a new GUI, although the functionality stays the same. It's still free, of course. :D

Select 2.0 front LowRes.png
Select 2.0 front LowRes.png (117.13 KiB) Viewed 2259 times

We've raised the prices of Compare and Metrotone, but they have an intro price offer through the end of May!

The Robotic Toolbox Bundle is 99 €/$, which is about 50% of the total value of the devices in the bundle.
Last edited by buddard on 06 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

29 Apr 2020

Nice. Good for everybody new to the Robotic stuff.

And btw, i completely missed the Select CV Switch 2.0 update or is it fresh?
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

29 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
29 Apr 2020

It was released now along with the others! :puf_smile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2020

buddard wrote:
29 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
29 Apr 2020

It was released now along with the others! :puf_smile:
Which is pretty funny because that’s one of the REs I haven’t used since it was released but which I dug out of retirement only 2 days ago and found it very useable. And now it’s very pretty as well :). Thanks for the update.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

29 Apr 2020

This is awesome!

I commented this in the Rack Extenionists FB group, but I'd love it if REs made these sounds and visual effects when being placed in the rack! Lol

Oh and you added the ST-224 to the MT-1! That's my old sampler! Still got it :)

dioxide

29 Apr 2020

Love the new GUIs.

rcbuse
RE Developer

29 Apr 2020

Those are looking really nice!

EdGrip

29 Apr 2020

rcbuse wrote:
29 Apr 2020
Those are looking really nice!
The RB house design is just FIRE right now. (Enjoying your little shift with Evolution too!)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2020

That Time Slider looks pretty interesting.

doze

30 Apr 2020

Reason Studios really needs a complete my bundle or something for the shop. :(

buddard
RE Developer

06 May 2020

I forgot to mention another nice new feature in MT-1 Metrotone 2.0: It now responds to Run Devices when put inside a Combinator!

This means that you can use it as metronome when you record into Sequences (or Drum Sequences, or PolyStep) in realtime without having to start Reason's main transport!

We already included a Combinator for this with MT-1, and it's called: Free Running Sequences [RUN].cmb
(You'll find it in the folder Rack Extensions/MT-1 MetroTone Metronome/)

The Combinator patch uses ID-8, but you can easily replace it by just dragging another instrument on top of it.
But you can also easily whip up your own Combinator from scratch:
  1. Create a Combinator, and inside you add a Line Mixer, MT-1, your instrument and finally Sequences on top of the instrument
  2. Choose the tone you want in MT-1, you can enable Double Speed if you're recording at a low tempo
  3. Start the devices simultaneously by clicking on Run Devices on the Combinator
  4. Hit REC on Sequences and start recording!

buddard
RE Developer

07 May 2020

By the way, here's a new Quick Tip video for Metrotone that goes through the new tones in more detail.
It also starts with a nice routing tip to keep it separate from the rest of your mix.

buddard
RE Developer

12 May 2020

And here's a new video showcasing the new Rectification and VCA functions on Compare 2.0:

buddard
RE Developer

05 Aug 2020

Select has been updated to 2.0.1 to work around a Windows-specific bug in Reason that would make it crash when creating a lot of instances of Select.

We decided to implement the workaround since a) the Reason update will probably take a while, b) it might not be fixed in Reason 10, and definitely not in Reason 9 and earlier. And c) it’s not that easy to spot the difference anyway. ;)

Loque

05 Aug 2020

buddard wrote:
05 Aug 2020
Select has been updated to 2.0.1 to work around a Windows-specific bug in Reason that would make it crash when creating a lot of instances of Select.

We decided to implement the workaround since a) the Reason update will probably take a while, b) it might not be fixed in Reason 10, and definitely not in Reason 9 and earlier. And c) it’s not that easy to spot the difference anyway. ;)
Thanks.
I noticed, that Reason or Windows ran out of free handles with a lot of devices, normally around 5000 handles. The number of maximum handles can be increased in the registry. If this was the reason, i would not consider it a bug, just a limitation...But maybe its something else...
Reason12, Win10

buddard
RE Developer

05 Aug 2020

Loque wrote:
05 Aug 2020
buddard wrote:
05 Aug 2020

Thanks.
I noticed, that Reason or Windows ran out of free handles with a lot of devices, normally around 5000 handles. The number of maximum handles can be increased in the registry. If this was the reason, i would not consider it a bug, just a limitation...But maybe its something else...
Yes, it’s something like that, the problem is that each static_decoration widget will allocate such a limited resource, and in Select 2.0 we had 17 for every instance, the reflection on each display... We have reduced this number to 0 in 2.0.1, by drawiing the reflections as part of the background image instead. The difference In appearance is very subtle, you can barely notice it.

RS have already confirmed that it’s a bug and that it is fixed in a ”future Reason update”.

• Information