Papen Quad update coming

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2020

I got word that Quad RE will be updated with a new reverb and filters. Patch compatible with the newly released VST :thumbs_up:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

eusti

25 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Apr 2020
I got word that Quad RE will be updated with a new reverb and filters. Patch compatible with the newly released VST :thumbs_up:
Nice! Although at the moment I have to say it is one of my least favorite synths... It just doesn't speak much to me... Maybe time to revisit it once the update lands... ;)

D.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2020

Try to make some sounds where one osc provides the basic foundation and osc2 adds some interesting movement/modulation on top.

All PD, Dist shapers can do a bunch of interesting stuff. But, yeah, it is bit quirky to program. Had to read the manual :o

eusti

25 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Apr 2020
Try to make some sounds where one osc provides the basic foundation and osc2 adds some interesting movement/modulation on top.

All PD, Dist shapers can do a bunch of interesting stuff. But, yeah, it is bit quirky to program. Had to read the manual :o
Thanks, will do. I think I bought it back then wanting to "collect them all"... Didn't find the factory sounds too interesting either I think...

D.

Abstrax

25 Apr 2020

eusti wrote:
25 Apr 2020
Boombastix wrote:
25 Apr 2020
Nice! Although at the moment I have to say it is one of my least favorite synths... It just doesn't speak much to me... Maybe time to revisit it once the update lands... ;)

D.
It really is a synth that has potential to sound good but is too time consuming to get a great sound with a lot of movement quickly. especially since most of the movement has to happen through the mod matrix.

I've always thought it should have a matrix like fruity loops' sytrus (https://cdm.link/app/uploads/storiespre2k6/sytrus2.jpg). Instead of being an FM matrix, the vertical row could just be all of the mod sources, LFOs, Envelopes, ect. And the horizontal columns would be all of the destination knobs, X, Y, Amount, Pan ect.

Something like this would speed up programming 10 fold and be so much more fun to experiment with

Loque

25 Apr 2020

If i touch Quad i always like whats coming out. The reverb is great and i used it as fx here and there. All RP stuff is a bit quirky to use 😂
Reason12, Win10

eusti

25 Apr 2020

Thank you all of you! Made myself play with it a little tonight and have to say: It's interesting! Can't quite figure how to make a sound the way I want, but fruitful explorations at least! :)

D.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2020

eusti wrote:
25 Apr 2020
Thank you all of you! Made myself play with it a little tonight and have to say: It's interesting! Can't quite figure how to make a sound the way I want, but fruitful explorations at least! :)

D.
RTFM :lol:
But seriously the section with the pictures how the waveform can be changed with modulation and shapers is quite descriptive.

But touch the knobs with the care and precision of a Swiss clock maker, it is a sensitive like, if not more than, FM synthesis.

scratchnsnifff

27 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Apr 2020
Rob also let me know that spectral waveforms are a strong possibility as well, as he said he meant to do it a while ago :)

Lol I sure hope he really remembers to get his peoples on it ❤️

I need those spectral waveforms with those fun modifiers
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

dusan.cani

30 Apr 2020

Boombastix wrote:
25 Apr 2020
YES !!

This is geat news ! I love Quad sooo much, I really enjoy the pallette of sounds it can produce.

dusan.cani

30 Apr 2020

scratchnsnifff wrote:
27 Apr 2020

Rob also let me know that spectral waveforms are a strong possibility as well, as he said he meant to do it a while ago :)

Great !

scratchnsnifff

30 Apr 2020

dusan.cani wrote:
30 Apr 2020
scratchnsnifff wrote:
27 Apr 2020

Great !
I really hope that robs team adds Those waveforms

I really really really hope so lol

I’ll check in at some later point to see if he’s still able to do that. I’m just a fan of his work, but rob is a very cool guy who seems to not mind answering questions every now and then lol

Glad that there are developers that like to help/answer any questions

dusan.cani

01 May 2020

scratchnsnifff wrote:
30 Apr 2020

I’ll check in at some later point to see if he’s still able to do that. I’m just a fan of his work, but rob is a very cool guy who seems to not mind answering questions every now and then lol

They are already implemented in the VST version of Quad ;) (and also new filters)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

dusan.cani wrote:
01 May 2020
scratchnsnifff wrote:
30 Apr 2020

They are already implemented in the VST version of Quad ;) (and also new filters)
Sounds great. I've got the eXplorer bundle but can't be bothered installing it. Wonder when the RE will be done. Monday maybe :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

01 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2020
dusan.cani wrote:
01 May 2020

Sounds great. I've got the eXplorer bundle but can't be bothered installing it. Wonder when the RE will be done. Monday maybe :)
Nothing really to miss with the VST atm, because the RE seem to be way more stable. Nearly everytime i touch a VST from RP in the last 2 years, i got a crash, so i pick them more rarly theese days...The RE are quite stable after the most startup bugs are removed.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

Loque wrote:
01 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2020

Nothing really to miss with the VST atm, because the RE seem to be way more stable. Nearly everytime i touch a VST from RP in the last 2 years, i got a crash, so i pick them more rarly theese days...The RE are quite stable after the most startup bugs are removed.
Yeah...to be honest, although I still think the eXplorer 5 bundle was an amazing offer at €99, the only devices I really look at are the reverb2 and the backwards thing. That means installing the whole package and then deleting all the .dlls I don't want. I've already got a load of RE reverse and reverb things so I really can't ever be bothered. Oh well.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

scratchnsnifff

01 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
01 May 2020
Loque wrote:
01 May 2020

Yeah...to be honest, although I still think the eXplorer 5 bundle was an amazing offer at €99, the only devices I really look at are the reverb2 and the backwards thing. That means installing the whole package and then deleting all the .dlls I don't want. I've already got a load of RE reverse and reverb things so I really can't ever be bothered. Oh well.
A very nice workaround for using Res, use rv7000 or what ever your favorite reverb is

Afterwards hook up a kiloheartz reverse

Automate dry wet

Make sure this setup is as a send effect
Or you could even use the RP verb re and a khs reverse to get most of the same sounds

This setup adds such a cool texture to your track

Loque

11 May 2020

And here it is:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/

Quad-RE version 1.0.83 2020-05-08

* New Spectral waves inside Oscillators
* Zero-delay Filters added
* New combined Reverb / delay modes in FX2 (they can be used at the same time)
* Improved Reverb quality
* other small fixes
* new presets

Thanks Rob!

Hopefully i still like the reverb :?
Reason12, Win10

dpcoffin

11 May 2020

I guess subscribers to this will have to wait til next sub month to access this…?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

11 May 2020

Loque wrote:
11 May 2020
And here it is:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/

Quad-RE version 1.0.83 2020-05-08

* New Spectral waves inside Oscillators
* Zero-delay Filters added
* New combined Reverb / delay modes in FX2 (they can be used at the same time)
* Improved Reverb quality
* other small fixes
* new presets

Thanks Rob!

Hopefully i still like the reverb :?
Nice! I must have sent around half a dozen requests to the Papen team to update the reverb, and it worked. :thumbs_up: Big thanks to them.

• Information