Sweeper - can the envelope be triggered by midi on?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tobypearce

11 Apr 2020

Hi, simple question (or at least simple thing I'm trying to do!)

I'd like to use the Sweeper RE as an phaser envelope on a pad. I would like the envelope to retrigger every time I play a chord. Is this possible?

I'm having trouble working out how to do this - the loop function is tied to tempo (good), but just keeps going regardless of input signal. The audio trigger seems wrong for use on a pad as the trigger sound is too indistinct (although I can see how it would work on drums).

I'm stuck!
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

scratchnsnifff

15 Apr 2020

tobypearce wrote:
11 Apr 2020

I'd like to use the Sweeper RE as an phaser envelope on a pad. I would like the envelope to retrigger every time I play a chord. Is this possible?

I'm having trouble working out how to do this - the loop function is tied to tempo (good), but just keeps going regardless of input signal. The audio trigger seems wrong for use on a pad as the trigger sound is too indistinct (although I can see how it would work on drums).

I'm stuck!
I wish. Iv looked when it’s in a combinator, and I believe you can’t check the receive notes button

Meaning you can’t trigger the env by midi Like the ol trusty ECF-42

I really really really want this as a feature though

The audio triggering is cool and all, but it is not consistent like the midi trig
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2020

tobypearce wrote:
11 Apr 2020

I'm stuck!
You can send the gate out of the synth to the trigger env cv in the back of sweeper, which will retrigger the env with midi input

tobypearce

29 Apr 2020

Nice! Thanks aeox :-)
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

• Information