Strangeness with drum sequencer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
edx500

10 Apr 2020

Hi Everyone
I started a couple of songs this week both of which are using a Kong with a drum sequencer attached. Today I spent several hours
setting up some sounds for one of the songs. I originally used a template with a bunch of ID8s and I replaced them all with different instruments and such.
Okay, so then I started programming the Kong and drum sequencer with 8 variations for the drums. I haven't used the drum sequencer a whole lot and I wanted to paste some patterns into the sequencer lane. I set the markers and tried to insert a pattern for the opening measures. Nothing seemed to be working. So i checked a video then the manual thinking i was doing something wrong. This went on for awhile.
I decided to open the song i began the other day. I set the markers and pressed the top button and everything worked as expected. I deleted the section and tried it again with no problems. This thing works very similarly to Redrum and Dr Rex.
So something in today's new song is preventing me from pasting patterns into the the sequencer. AFAIK I'm doing the process right.

I like to not start over, but I'm not sure where the problems is...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ed
(prisoner in my own room) :)

Jackjackdaw

11 Apr 2020

It should copy the notes in between your loop markers. Check where they are set

Other things that should work, create a track for the drum seq, right click on it and select in the menu. Then convert that to a pattern select track in the sequencer. You can then draw pattern changes as clips.

Also if you hit the Direct record switch and arm kong you can record the Drum Seq midi in real time

buddard
RE Developer

11 Apr 2020

Every time you use Send to track, the Bypass All switch (above the players) will be enabled automatically in order to prevent double notes when you play it back.
So if you want to send to track again, you must disable that switch first.

edx500

11 Apr 2020

Thanks for the replies.

Turns out I had been messing with the edit automation earlier
and so i tried clearing that and it worked normally again.
Sometimes you just need to sleep on it.

Peace
Ed

• Information