May Madness: Too early to start speculating?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2020

Is a month before too early to start talking May Madness?
Here’s my hopes and dreams in any case...

Sequences
Resonans

And that’s pretty much it.

What are you hoping and dreaming for?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

08 Apr 2020

I think its ok, because we do not talk about BF or xmas presents....

Resonans was quite cheap in the last big sale. I am wondering you didnt got it there... That reminds me on my todo list: Checking the sound of Resonanse in delay feedback loop and compare it to ObjeqDelay of AAS...

For me is nothing really in the pot, what i want, miss or need. Only a really good price tag could convince me to buy something i dont want or need :-D I hope for some good releases right before may madness.
Reason12, Win10

xboix

08 Apr 2020

They should start May Madness a month early, because these are weird times :)

challism

08 Apr 2020

I'm hoping I will be back to work in May. That's really all I'm hoping for. The country where I live and work has shut down my line of employment since January, because of this COVID crap. It's taken a huge toll on me, financially, so I won't be picking up anything in May (except maybe my first paycheck for the year). Luckily, there isn't much in the shop that I really want or need. I'm looking at Delta, but times are way too tough to be buying anything like REs when I have a family to feed.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
08 Apr 2020
I'm hoping I will be back to work in May. That's really all I'm hoping for. The country where I live and work has shut down my line of employment since January, because of this COVID crap. It's taken a huge toll on me, financially, so I won't be picking up anything in May (except maybe my first paycheck for the year). Luckily, there isn't much in the shop that I really want or need. I'm looking at Delta, but times are way too tough to be buying anything like REs when I have a family to feed.
That’s harsh man. Here in Sweden it’s pretty much life as normal.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

08 Apr 2020

Good to hear it. Hopefully things will return to normal soon here.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Michaellos

08 Apr 2020

xboix wrote:
08 Apr 2020
They should start May Madness a month early, because these are weird times :)
I believe there's no reason for some sort of "April Madness" definitely because weird times are happening right now in the entire world

Jackjackdaw

08 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Good to hear it. Hopefully things will return to normal soon here.
Best of luck mate, I'm off work too, got a baby on the way. Secure for the time being but who knows for how long. Not an ideal time to be dropping money into the studio though!

Faastwalker

08 Apr 2020

Reason 11 upgrade discount?! :roll:

Covid-19 MEGA SALE :mrgreen:

dvdrtldg

08 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Sorry to hear it... yep tough times

I'm OK now, but I have a feeling that my employment could be threatened once this shit is over and the government starts trying to claw back money from public services

moneykube

08 Apr 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
08 Apr 2020

:exclamation: :thumbs_up: :exclamation: :thumbs_up: :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Yonatan

09 Apr 2020

Not even an Easter sale?
May 19th is the release of EzBass etc so probably rather buy that. Ujam did a Virtual Bass 2 paid upgrade with midi drag, but so far only in vst. RE seems always a few steps behind. There was a thread about what we wanted from Ujam...well, at least dont leave the REs to rust and do not do paid upgrades for things that should have been there since start.
(Ok with a symbolic fee if going from A-list to latest Virtial interface, but calling it 2 with just very few changes and charge $29 each for that...is tiresome.)

robotgard

09 Apr 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Yonatan

09 Apr 2020

robotgard wrote:
09 Apr 2020
I am waiting for a discount for Reason Suite 11 upgrade.
Soon the time is coming when a sale of R11 and Suite upgrade will raise the question if maybe R12 is around the bend. The trend has been to have such sales some months before another version, or when REs are planned to be thrown in a bundle. At least RS and Ujam team seem to have such sale strategies.
If done before summer, if R12 comes in october, it may be worth it for some if they plan to make a lot of use of it over the summer months.
But maybe they plan to stay at R11 a bit longer...who knows.

Ulpu

09 Apr 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
08 Apr 2020

Would loooove that!
Reason11 trial ending in 2days 😱
...back to Reason7

xboix

09 Apr 2020

Yonatan wrote:
09 Apr 2020
robotgard wrote:
09 Apr 2020
I am waiting for a discount for Reason Suite 11 upgrade.
Soon the time is coming when a sale of R11 and Suite upgrade will raise the question if maybe R12 is around the bend. The trend has been to have such sales some months before another version, or when REs are planned to be thrown in a bundle. At least RS and Ujam team seem to have such sale strategies.
If done before summer, if R12 comes in october, it may be worth it for some if they plan to make a lot of use of it over the summer months.
Reason 12 is at least 18 months away, probably more like 24 months.

Yonatan

09 Apr 2020

xboix wrote:
09 Apr 2020
Yonatan wrote:
09 Apr 2020

Reason 12 is at least 18 months away, probably more like 24 months.
Yes, I would be surprised if R12 came out in this year. You may well be right there. Although theoretically no one knows what the "new name" RS company has in the pipeline. But, as the pace seems like quite the same as before, and we have this pandemic, it might be postponed (wanting to attend music production events etc), but could as well be the opposite if the need for revenue is crucial, then the R12 release might be thrown in suddenly along with a graphical performance overhaul. A few long time loose ends might line up. But at least we can be sure that the AAX plugin will have to see the light, and perhaps a graphic performance boost rather will be launched as part of a R11.5.

Faastwalker

09 Apr 2020

Ulpu wrote:
09 Apr 2020
Faastwalker wrote:
08 Apr 2020

Would loooove that!
Reason11 trial ending in 2days 😱
...back to Reason7
The upgrade to 11 from 7 would be epic! Tons & tons of new stuff. Great value. It doesn’t seem quite such a good deal going from 10 to 11. You pay more for less if you buy every upgrade.

• Information