Spring 905 Reverberation / moogish spaces [by Turn2on]

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

07 Apr 2020

Hi. new RE in shop:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on-effect/

Spring 905 Reverberation - is a kind of legendary and classic Spring reverberation effect.
In 1960th Spring reverberations were a very new part of the guitar sound. This was a cheap and creative solution to mimic studio reverberation effects avaliable in the studios. Bob Moog™ realized that this technology (used before for guitars) would be avaliable in creating space and realism for electronic music. And this is how was born the 905™ reverberation modular system unit.
That was a new age of space sounds into electronic music. In original module, only one knob control the work of the effect - reverberation knob (mix of the dry/wet signals).

Spring 905 effect include more controls and variations of springs sound, but this device based on the original 905 spring effect.
Spring 905, includes Gain control (to control and increase the volume level), Mix (dry / wet control) and Decay to set the size of the gain curve as the effect of dB/sec on the processed signal. Additionally, the user can set pre-processed and post-processed signal levels. This is useful for finding the best dry and wet proportions in the operation of the mixing knob for different types of incoming signal.

Character model selects one of the 9 types of spring model: low, medium and high tension springs, the sound of springs with negative and positive resonance, resonant springs with resonant feedback, rich sound of medium and thick springs plus the sound of springs with tank vibrations.

This is an old-new classic of the famous spring reverb effect with the legendary moogish sound of reverb spaces for electronic music.

eusti

07 Apr 2020

Nice job!!! :)

D.

challism

07 Apr 2020

Congrats on the new release. This looks pretty cool.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2020

Is this a mono reverb? Judging from the demos it sounds like it.

BradfordMoeller

07 Apr 2020

Sounds great, love your REs!
:reason:)))

turn2on
RE Developer

08 Apr 2020

Yes on current first version device have mono reverb tails like a real mono effect.
But sometimes it’s really need the stereo, and new stereo version was been ready yesterday, and must be published in the store soon as possible at this days :puf_wink: .. with mono support
Last edited by turn2on on 08 Apr 2020, edited 3 times in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2020

turn2on wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Yes on first version it’s mono reverb tails like a real mono effect.
But new stereo version is ready and published in the store at near days soon as possible :puf_wink:
Ok cool. I'll give it a try when it's in stereo then. :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

Just bought it. I kind of like it in mono actually. I think this reverb offers something that my other reverbs don't.
Played around with RV7000 Spring reverb settings but it just didn't give me the right feeling. I preferred this Spring 905 Reverb.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

Would you consider adding the ability to save/open patches? That would be great. Scrolling through all the different settings/models makes it kind of hard to remember which numbers I preferred the most. Being able to save patches would help a lot.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Would you consider adding the ability to save/open patches? That would be great. Scrolling through all the different settings/models makes it kind of hard to remember which numbers I preferred the most. Being able to save patches would help a lot.
Stick it in a combi.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

turn2on
RE Developer

12 Apr 2020

Im looking into this. To realise it - no any problems, question only in size of panel for patch browser name and buttons.
ps: Im already trying to test, its OK with 1U size of panel without changes. :thumbs_up:
Really I think that patch support really helpful to create personal patches. All this modes very colourful and have subtle differences.
And this is included into next update v1.0.2 or 1.1.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

turn2on wrote:
12 Apr 2020
Im looking into this. To realise it - no any problems, question only in size of panel for patch browser name and buttons.
ps: Im already trying to test, its OK with 1U size of panel without changes. :thumbs_up:
Really I think that patch support really helpful to create personal patches. All this modes very colourful and have subtle differences.
And this is included into next update v1.0.2 or 1.1.
Great. Looking forward to it. :thumbs_up:

turn2on
RE Developer

13 Apr 2020

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on-effect/

Update v.1.0.1:
Now reverberation works in STEREO mode.
Update add Reverberation Tails Pan (with individual pan control for Left & Right channels).
To support projects that used v.1.0, set L and R = 0 (mono centred signal)

chimp_spanner

14 Apr 2020

Gonna try this out later. Love a good spring! Just wanna say it's been really fun to watch your REs develop over time. I remember your very first devices and things have really improved nicely over time in terms of presentation. And it's also great to see devices actively maintained, new ideas taken on board, etc. So just wanted to say nice job :) And I look forward to checking this out!

PS your last device - the pitch bender - is surprisingly one of the very few out there that appears to have a true bypass in the centre position and doesn't add huge amounts of latency when shifting! So excellent work on that also.

moneykube

14 Apr 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
14 Apr 2020
the pitch bender
???
are you referring to this rack? https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nspose-fx/
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EdGrip

14 Apr 2020

That's right. The Whammy.

turn2on
RE Developer

15 Apr 2020

so... thank you @chimp_spanner, for your words.
We really love world of hardware, real fx pedals and also any interesting software FXs..

@EdGrip, its time to say few words on this theme. Whammy V is a beautiful piece of hardware effects..
And currently our already released RE - Drop'n'Lift was born from love to the part of the Digitech Whammy DT, DropTune part!
Drop tune part of Whammy DT is was first ideology of our effect to realise simple transpose signal. This is preview of first versions:
DropnLift_pre-0.1.png
DropnLift_pre-0.1.png (324.72 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
and original DT part of pedal:
WhammyDT.png
WhammyDT.png (132.27 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
And what I can say now.. We finishing work under the new, Whammy oriented device ;)
ps: sorry for offtope.

Back to the SPRING 905:
Update with patches ready and we wait it in the shop

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2020

Uh! Cool stuff to trial here!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2020

turn2on wrote:
30 Apr 2020
new 1.1.0 version in the shop now. As you ask, now support patches.
Awesome :thumbs_up:

• Information