Kuassa Amps RE vs VST

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
SpeculationStudios

02 Apr 2020

Hi. I know sometimes when a device is offered as either a rack extension or a vst, it can preform better as a rack extension in Reason.
Does anyone know if that is the case for Kuassa amps? I already have Vermillion (vst) and I'm thinking of getting Matchlock on sale. My Vermillion Amp has no issues in Reason and I don't see anything special on the back panel of the Matchlock RE.

Am I missing anything if I get the vst version?

Thanks.

motuscott

02 Apr 2020

REs cos we're fambly here.
You don't wanna be sent to your room, do ya?
Kuassa 4eva
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

BradfordMoeller

02 Apr 2020

motuscott wrote:
02 Apr 2020
REs cos we're fambly here.
You don't wanna be sent to your room, do ya?
Kuassa 4eva
Haha I second this. And to answer your question, no, you're not missing anything! The REs are perfect and are no different from their VSTs.
:reason:)))

SpeculationStudios

02 Apr 2020

Thanks.

I just ask because I like to have the option to sometimes use something in Ableton, so I would get the vst. However, since I spend 90% of my time in Reason and probably won't end up using this in another DAW, I could get the RE. If the vst if just as functional though and the RE has no additional features or inputs, I figure the vst is the best choice.

geronimo

02 Apr 2020

BradfordMoeller wrote:
02 Apr 2020
Haha I second this. And to answer your question, no, you're not missing anything! The REs are perfect and are no different from their VSTs.
The VSTs have a Compare A / B button and this is absent on the Rack Extension format versions. :oops:

Proboscis

02 Apr 2020

I'm a fan of Kuassa, and own five or six of their RE licenses, but I wonder at this stage of Reason being cross-platform compatible, why we are still seeing separate pricing for VST & RE. Why not offer a free crossgrade ?

And I say this for all developers who have both RE & VST - Kuassa aren't alone in this model of separate products.

BradfordMoeller

02 Apr 2020

Proboscis wrote:
02 Apr 2020
I'm a fan of Kuassa, and own five or six of their RE licenses, but I wonder at this stage of Reason being cross-platform compatible, why we are still seeing separate pricing for VST & RE. Why not offer a free crossgrade ?

And I say this for all developers who have both RE & VST - Kuassa aren't alone in this model of separate products.
That's a good point, they should do that!
:reason:)))

djs

06 Apr 2020

Looks like they are having a major sale at the moment!

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... per=Kuassa

Do they have any good amps for an acoustic guitar?

• Information