5 Skrock RE's FREE in Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BradfordMoeller

01 Apr 2020

Thank you Skrock!!!

Iridium, Thermal, Nautilus, Nautilus 2, and Orbis are all FREE right now.

I've never used one of their synths as far as I can remember, but almost bought Thermal once just because of the visual aesthetics.

So psyched.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ion-synth/

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... autilus-2/

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/thermal/
:reason:)))

moneykube

01 Apr 2020

awesome gesture... had them all though... good stuff
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

BradfordMoeller

01 Apr 2020

I forgot I own & have enjoyed the Solaris, glad to have more of their stuff. Loving the Distortion Synth! Great move Skrock!
:reason:)))

OverneathTheSkyBridg

01 Apr 2020

Thanks Skrock!

challism

02 Apr 2020

Actually they are giving us 5 free synths, not 4. I took the liberty to edit the post.

Wow, these SKROCK synths are pretty cool. I'm particularly surprised by Iridium Distortion Synth. I think it's my favorite so far. I really, really like what I'm hearing from it. It's a great little dirty sounding synth there. Thermal is kicking out some good sounds. It's got a nice filter and all those knobs are fun to tweak. Nautilus 2 has some nice sounding presets. I already had Orbis and Nautilus, but haven't used them for a while. I remember that I liked them, too. I've been having way too much fun playing with the three aforementioned synths. Nautilus sort of reminds me of Reason's Monotone Bass, just a great sounding, simple synth.

Thanks again, Skrock! I'm really enjoying these. What a great way to spend this lockdown time, playing with some new toys. :) CHEERS!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dvdrtldg

02 Apr 2020

Iridium really is awesome, it got a bit pooh-poohed when it first appeared because it was cheap and basic and not very tweakable. But holy shit, the sound, it's an absolute beast

I'm a bit meh about some of Skrock's synths but Iridium, Solar 5, Poltergeist, Pulse and Kraft are all really good

xboix

02 Apr 2020

I think I've got synth fatigue, but in a good way!

joeyluck

02 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
02 Apr 2020
Actually they are giving us 5 free synths, not 4. I took the liberty to edit the post.
Well technically, Nautilus (1) has always been free :)

Loque

02 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
02 Apr 2020
challism wrote:
02 Apr 2020
Well, technically it was not always free. It went free at some point AFAIR. :oops:
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

02 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
02 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
02 Apr 2020

Well, technically it was not always free. It went free at some point AFAIR. :oops:
Perhaps you're right. I did a few patches for it, so I forget. It might've been around the time Nautilus 2 was released...

Electric-Metal

02 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
02 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
02 Apr 2020

Perhaps you're right. I did a few patches for it, so I forget. It might've been around the time Nautilus 2 was released...
Yep, I remember paying 9€ when it was released .
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

challism

02 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
02 Apr 2020

Well technically, Nautilus (1) has always been free
Let's look at this a bit closer. The title of the thread says "5 Shrock RE's FREE in Shop"
So, technically, it is true to say there are 5 free in the shop, regardless of how long some of them may or may not have been free. The statement remains true.... 5 free Skrock REs are most definitely available in the shop. ;)

ha ha ha, I believe that is CHECK AND CHECKMATE!
Yes, I think Nautilus became free shortly after Nautilus 2 was released.

In any case, I think these are some great synths that I have overlooked all these years, for whatever reason. They've been a nice surprise. Thanks again for the kind gesture during this time of despair, Skrock. I'm enjoying the Distortion Synth so much.... just been playing with it all day long. :)

Also, the big question I have is, are these going to remain free, or is this just a limited time promotion?
Electric-Metal wrote:
02 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
02 Apr 2020

Yep, I remember paying 9€ when it was released .
I've always loved Skrock's pricing structure. Such fairly priced REs, but I can't help but wonder if that is why I overlooked these synths for all these years. Sometimes charging more money will give the illusion of more value.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

tumar

03 Apr 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
02 Apr 2020
Iridium really is awesome, it got a bit pooh-poohed when it first appeared because it was cheap and basic and not very tweakable. But holy shit, the sound, it's an absolute beast

I'm a bit meh about some of Skrock's synths but Iridium, Solar 5, Poltergeist, Pulse and Kraft are all really good
Iridium sounds a bit strange alone but it's absolutely insane as carrier for vocoder.

Thanks Skrock!

Irelle

05 Apr 2020

thanks for the update! Will check them out.

kitekrazy

06 Apr 2020

I bought some of their other stuff since it was affordable and also only can be used in Reason.

Loque

06 Apr 2020

kitekrazy wrote:
06 Apr 2020
I bought some of their other stuff since it was affordable and also only can be used in Reason.
Via the Reason Rack VST you can use everything from/of Reason in any DAW :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

TheGodOfRainbows

17 Apr 2020

I just wanted to bump the thread and remind everyone that these are still FREE. It's such a nice gesture. What I love is how simple they are, yet sound great. I think people probably overlook them because of the fact that they are relatively simple and inexpensive, but I think they are nice.

Thank you Skrock!

• Information