I keep checking this space in hopes of free REs during COVID lockdown

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
motuscott

31 Mar 2020

Auryn wrote:
31 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
31 Mar 2020
I tried one in London many, many years ago which had the main hollowed out wood but had grown another branch at the bottom. There was a hole where you could put your toe thus giving you two tunings. Pretty cool. Never seen one like that since.
Wow this is awesome. I saw a youtube vid about a digeridoo championship in france where one of the contestants also had an extendable mouthpiece for different tunings. That's got to be the next evolution of digd design right?

Anyway I keep hoping for a toilet paper + desinfectant dispensing RE. Even without Covid my rack is looking mighty grimy after 20-odd years.
REwipe
because you missed a little
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2020

motuscott wrote:
31 Mar 2020
Auryn wrote:
31 Mar 2020

Wow this is awesome. I saw a youtube vid about a digeridoo championship in france where one of the contestants also had an extendable mouthpiece for different tunings. That's got to be the next evolution of digd design right?

Anyway I keep hoping for a toilet paper + desinfectant dispensing RE. Even without Covid my rack is looking mighty grimy after 20-odd years.
REwipe
REarCleaner with Wet/Dry control
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

31 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
31 Mar 2020
motuscott wrote:
31 Mar 2020

REwipe
REarCleaner with Wet/Dry control
Stfu and take my money!
Reason12, Win10

Ulpu

31 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
31 Mar 2020
Proboscis wrote:
31 Mar 2020

In my childhood culture, the empty cardboard tube was known as the "doop-dee-doo" instrument from Santa Claus on Xmas morning.

Because we would run around the house and speak 'doop-dee-doo' into it.

No fancy aluminum foil for us kids. Sounds like you had a rather posh upbringing.
Tape two together and you’ve got yourself a pretty good pair of binoculars.
Tape? I heard a rumor that some rich people have some magical material called tape... Are you saying this material really exists? :shock:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2020

Ulpu wrote:
31 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
31 Mar 2020

Tape two together and you’ve got yourself a pretty good pair of binoculars.
Tape? I heard a rumor that some rich people have some magical material called tape... Are you saying this material really exists? :shock:
It’s kinda cool if you don’t tape ‘em and just hold one up to each eye. See how a chameleon sees the world. Cheap trip.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ulpu

31 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
31 Mar 2020
Ulpu wrote:
31 Mar 2020
It’s kinda cool if you don’t tape ‘em and just hold one up to each eye. See how a chameleon sees the world. Cheap trip.
So so true! :thumbs_up:

challism

31 Mar 2020

gullum wrote:
31 Mar 2020
Because most people suffer from economical loses in these time maybe we should instead just buy RE's so the developers don't die from hunger instead of expecting them to give us free stuff ?
I am not expecting free stuff. There is a big difference between hoping for and expecting. I hope to win the lottery, but I don't expect to win it. :)
gullum wrote: ... should the developers do it so you get a free one?
Nobody is forcing developer to give anything away. If they so choose to give a product away, that's great. It's done out of good will. If they don't want to give anything away, that's great too!

If you can afford to support developers right now, and decide to buy some REs, I'm sure they would appreciate it. Good for you and them!

The rest of you guys are cracking me up. ha ha ha
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Auryn

31 Mar 2020

challism wrote:
31 Mar 2020
If you can afford to support developers right now, and decide to buy some REs, I'm sure they would appreciate it. Good for you and them!
I would just strategically like to mention at this point that supporting refill developers is also greatly appreciated!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Ulpu

01 Apr 2020

In reason shop there are now 4 synths for free from Skrock (at least I didn’t noticed them yesterday).

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/thermal/

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

Ulpu

01 Apr 2020

Ulpu wrote:
01 Apr 2020
In reason shop there are now 4 synths for free from Skrock (at least I didn’t noticed them yesterday).

They were already mentioned in another post :D

challism

01 Apr 2020

I think Orbis has been free for a while. I missed that Thermal was free.

Thank you for posting it here, and thank you to Skrock for another free gift! :)

Looks like Skrock has 5 freebies right now, not just 2.

Iridium Distortion Synth
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ion-synth/

Nautilus Bass Synthesizer

Nautilus 2
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... autilus-2/

Orbis Wavetable Synthesizer

Thermal

Zac

01 Apr 2020

Thanks SKRock much appreciated 👍

motuscott

01 Apr 2020

Good to see you Zac
How's it holding bruv?

challism

01 Apr 2020

Wow, these SKROCK synths are pretty cool. I'm particularly surprised by Iridium Distortion Synth. I think it's my favorite so far. I really, really like what I'm hearing from it. It's a great little dirty sounding synth there. Thermal is kicking out some good sounds. It's got a nice filter and all those knobs are fun to tweak. Nautilus 2 has some nice sounding presets. I already had Orbis and Nautilus, but haven't used them for a while. I remember that I liked them, too. I've been having way too much fun playing with the three aforementioned synths. Nautilus sort of reminds me of Reason's Monotone Bass, just a great sounding, simple synth.

Thanks again, Skrock! I'm really enjoying these. What a great way to spend this lockdown time, playing with some new toys. :) CHEERS!

joeyluck

01 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
01 Apr 2020
Wow, these SKROCK synths are pretty cool. I'm particularly suprised by Iridium Distortion Synth. I really, really like what I'm hearing from it so far. Great little dirty sounding synth there. Also Thermal is kicking out some good sounds, all those knobs are fun to tweak. I already had Orbis and Nautilus. Haven't given Nautilus2 a spin just yet. Been having way too much fun with the first aforementioned synths. Thanks again, Skrock! I'm really enjoying these. What a great way to spend this lockdown time, playing with some new toys. :) CHEERS!
Yeah I've always liked Iridium for leads. Here's an example of it paired with ABL3:

Zac

01 Apr 2020

motuscott wrote:
01 Apr 2020
Good to see you Zac
How's it holding bruv?
Yeah everything's OK thanks 👍 hope you're keeping well.

challism

01 Apr 2020

I can see why you like it, Joey. I'm really enjoying it. What a pleasant surprise these synths have turned out to be.
Are you using ABL3's sequencer out to run Iridiom?

joeyluck

01 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
01 Apr 2020
I can see why you like it, Joey. I'm really enjoying it. What a pleasant surprise these synths have turned out to be.
Are you using ABL3's sequencer out to run Iridiom?
Yup! I use ABL3's sequencer a lot

motuscott

01 Apr 2020

Shot my toe off in some sort of unthoughtout diggerydoo madness
I blame you MrFigg

Sterioevo

01 Apr 2020

Auryn wrote:
31 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
31 Mar 2020
I tried one in London many, many years ago which had the main hollowed out wood but had grown another branch at the bottom. There was a hole where you could put your toe thus giving you two tunings. Pretty cool. Never seen one like that since.

That's a didgeribone - https://www.spiritgallery.com.au/didjer ... %20mcmahon

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2020

Sterioevo wrote:
01 Apr 2020
Auryn wrote:
31 Mar 2020

Looks cool but that’s not what it was. It was natural eucalyptus hollowed out by termites. Two trunks of the same tree which had grown together.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

02 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2020
I love ABL3's sequencer. Random mode, then go in and tweak it as you like. It's so good. I just wish there were a CV out on the back for slide. It's cool they have accent, but slide would be great because those great slides get lost with the sequencer out. I've tried adjusting the portamento on the receiving device, but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

Question for you, Joey. What do you usually use the accent cv out for (if at all)?
motuscott wrote:
01 Apr 2020
Shot my toe off in some sort of unthoughtout diggerydoo madness
Is that what they call a diggery boo-boo?

Sterioevo

02 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
01 Apr 2020
Sterioevo wrote:
01 Apr 2020

Looks cool but that’s not what it was. It was natural eucalyptus hollowed out by termites. Two trunks of the same tree which had grown together.
I was referring to the extendable mouthpiece. What you do with your toe is your business...

joeyluck

02 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
02 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2020
I love ABL3's sequencer. Random mode, then go in and tweak it as you like. It's so good. I just wish there were a CV out on the back for slide. It's cool they have accent, but slide would be great because those great slides get lost with the sequencer out. I've tried adjusting the portamento on the receiving device, but it doesn't seem to do the trick.

Question for you, Joey. What do you usually use the accent cv out for (if at all)?
Yeah I'd like to see a slide CV output as well, I'd put it to good use :)

I use the Accent CV out for a few things. I was actually thinking of putting together a quick tips video with ways to use ABL3.

So one of the things I do is I'll feed the accent output into the cutoff input of the same ABL3 to gets some nice juicy squelchiness.

Also, aside from triggering other leads, I use ABL3 to trigger drums.

Try this:
- Connect the ABL3 Accent output to a CV splitter
- Then take one of those back into the Cutoff input of ABL3
- Create a Drum Machine of your choice
- Take the other Accent CV from the splitter and send it to the gate input of the kick drum
- Now connect the ABL3 Gate output to the gate input for hats or percussion
- Then I'll usually create a Matrix for the snare, usually on 2 and 4

Then I go back to the ABL3 and I start messing with the ABL3 pattern. I'll usually use the advanced random feature, scroll presets I've saved, etc. And the beat plays along with the ABL3 and its changes and it's pretty cool :cool:

I especially like the kick triggering with the accent, which is also affecting the cutoff.

ABL3-CV.png
ABL3-CV.png (412.49 KiB) Viewed 1440 times

challism

02 Apr 2020

Great tips, Joey. I never thought to use ABL3 for drums. Also, that accent into it's own cutoff is beautiful!

• Information