Terminal master effect

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marc64

Post 26 Mar 2020

More stuff at http://kentvalden.se

TritoneAddiction

Post 26 Mar 2020

Welcome Bassgrid. Nice to see a new developer entering the RE world.
The demos looks/sounds pretty cool. I'll give it a spin.

aeox

Post 26 Mar 2020

The saturation is creating some weird phasing or is it just me?

HeresJohnny312

Post 27 Mar 2020

This RE looks super cool! Trying it out now!

TheMiles

Post 27 Mar 2020

Looks awesome! Will try it out for sure!

gullum

Post 28 Mar 2020

Looks cool but don't think I will be buying it because it's just too much cramped into one devices. Most of the time I would only need 1-5 of these modules at a time. so lets say I need a compressor or a limiter on my guitar track I would not use this when I could do it with 2 devices I already have.

xboix

Post 28 Mar 2020

For that price it needs to do the housework too. :o

Creativemind

Post 28 Mar 2020

I've trialled it.

Supposed to be for mastering as well as a multi-effect. The 4 main effects needed for mastering are Compressor (tick), EQ (tick), Stereo Imager (don't see one unless I'm missing something) and Limiter / Maximizer (tick).

So where is the stereo imager?

I see a Compressor, EQ and 3 Filters in the Studio Section, Distortion, Multiband Distortion and Saturation in the Damage Section, Flanger, Chorus, Phaser, Frequency Shifter, Delay and Reverb in the Colour & Ambience Section, 2 LFO's and the bit down the bottom has a Mix Control and Limiter.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 10.4 / Cockus Reaper 6.08 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Ermitage

Post 30 Mar 2020

Creativemind wrote:
28 Mar 2020
I've trialled it.

Supposed to be for mastering as well as a multi-effect. The 4 main effects needed for mastering are Compressor (tick), EQ (tick), Stereo Imager (don't see one unless I'm missing something) and Limiter / Maximizer (tick).

I see a Compressor, EQ and 3 Filters in the Studio Section, Distortion, Multiband Distortion and Saturation in the Damage Section, Flanger, Chorus, Phaser, Frequency Shifter, Delay and Reverb in the Colour & Ambience Section, 2 LFO's and the bit down the bottom has a Mix Control and Limiter.
Not really mandatory for mastering stage, is it.

Plus Ozone Imager is free so you could always just use that.

gullum

Post 30 Mar 2020

Ermitage wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Creativemind wrote:
28 Mar 2020
I've trialled it.

Well with a device that has it (all) why would I need to something else, also if I want to use the devices in another order how could I do it. if I want to compress after the filter or eq ad distortion in between somewhere. This device has everything but is so limited still.
I will save the money for next Reason upgrade same price.

Creativemind

Post 30 Mar 2020

Ermitage wrote:
30 Mar 2020
Creativemind wrote:
28 Mar 2020
I've trialled it.

Actually yes, apart from a level meter with RMS or separate, you need Compressor, EQ, Stereo Imager and Maximizer / Limiter which is why the M-Class Mastering Suite includes them lol!
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 10.4 / Cockus Reaper 6.08 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

emasters

Post 02 Apr 2020

On sale for $49 in the shop now.

geronimo

Post 03 Apr 2020

I'm a bit puzzled .

guitfnky

Post 03 Apr 2020

gullum wrote:
28 Mar 2020
Looks cool but don't think I will be buying it because it's just too much cramped into one devices. Most of the time I would only need 1-5 of these modules at a time. so lets say I need a compressor or a limiter on my guitar track I would not use this when I could do it with 2 devices I already have.
this was my take as well. the concept sort of reminds me of Waves’ Scheps Omni Channel, which I own—yet never use for this very reason. in theory, it’s very powerful, but unless I need all or most of the effects in the chain, it’s just overkill.

scratchnsnifff

Post 04 Apr 2020

I’m glad to see a nice UI and a effect unit that makes use of the make shift pages

I’m excited to grab this effect :D

Looks like similar to a kontact library as far as the UI goes

Good job
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information