Beat Map Drum Fills

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
True

21 Mar 2020

Playing some funky blues with Beat Map and Reason Drum Kits, I felt like it needed some fills. So with a little playing around, I came up with this, and the results are absolutely amazing:

I added a CV8X4 CV Generator (Aftermath Audio) and a Spider CV Merger/Splitter. On the CV Generator, the first knob is for a snare fill only, the second is for snare and kick. The CV out for the first and second knobs go into the Spider merge, and the merge out goes into the splitter. The splitter direct out goes into the snare density CV in on the Beat Map, and the inverse out goes into the Hat density. The second CV generator knob also has an out directly going to the kick density.

Now, when I want a drum fill, I just turn whichever knob I'm going for, and the hi-hat cuts out to make room for the snare, creating a nice, realistic pattern.

(I did a search and didn't see this topic. I also haven't examined all the included patches, but I did not notice anything using this approach. Forgive me if I missed something, but I was really happy with the results of this, so I thought I'd share.)

• Information