NEW RE VEASY RETRIGGER

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2020

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nipulator/

The Retrigger Gated CV Manipulator is a Rack Extension Utility for Reason. It’s designed to apply CV changes, without drawing any automation, on every incoming Gate CV or MIDI change to any parameter of any device in the Reason Rack that accepts CV altering.

It's great to make an audio source pan a little left and right to give it some dynamics. Or changes the EQ on a bass drum so it gets a natural feel. Or play a synth and with every keystroke change the ... and/or ...

The possibilities are endless. Let your imagination take you to new sounds never made before!

Product details
8 Columns by 4 Groups is 32 CV manipulation possibilities
External and Internal patching makes it possible to for even more Groups to act on CV changes
Input Selector per Column (CV + MIDI, CV Only, MIDI Only, BLOCK)
Test Buttons let you define the borders of the CV changes
Colored LEDs indicate activity and cable connection established
All CV Input and Output Jacks are located exactly behind the corresponding Front Panel Displays, so when you hold the cursor on a display you want to connect and you hit ‘TAB’ to flip the rack, your cursor is directly located in the right spot
Everything can be labeled to keep things tidy, labels stay in place when you flip the rack
Fully Automatable
Fully Remoteable
- Certified Reason expert

loopeydoug

20 Mar 2020

Thoughtful and useful device. Great presentation video as well. Lots of workflow tips reinforced in there.

electrofux

21 Mar 2020

Great device.

I'd suggest a way to reset the current value (on stop, or manually) so that when using the up down the values allways start from the same value (when wanted).
More functions would come in handy too.

veasy
RE Developer

26 Mar 2020

Thanks guys! ;;-)
@electrolux: what functions would you like to see added to the ReTrigger?
:re: Dev of the ReArranger and ReTrigger
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/browse/?q=veasy
ReArranged Hang:

muckmclane

05 May 2020

veasy wrote:
26 Mar 2020
Thanks guys! ;;-)
@electrolux: what functions would you like to see added to the ReTrigger?
I have been looking very hard for a device that can do what this does: elicit a preset randomization explosion just using 1 trigger AND the ability to reliably save all the various static values once I find a preset that sounds good(I can then open it back up, hit the gate and the patch sounds identical to when it was saved).

The Morpher Re is excellent, but I cant automate the patch randomization with a combinator button for example (I have to press Control+ left click).

As is, I have been having lots of fun with this ability I finally now have, but with a few improvements this thing could dramatically save me time.

For one I always use Retrigger with the free CVA-7 cv analyzer, because it holds a value and Retrigger shows it for a second and then it's gone.
I need the value because as soon as I hit the gate and hear a value I like and want to save, I then have to manually change the value A for example, to the actual value that was just triggered and then lock in that value with the test value A button(or B if desired).

Holding the last triggered value in the display would be nice, but more importantly having the ability to lock in the recently triggered value with the press of a button, without having to manually enter it in(32 times if all slots used!) would be a really helpful addition. The next step from there would be to have a button where one could lock all current values A1-H4 simultaneously as the combinator would only let you lock a max of 10 values per instance of Retrigger.

DaveyG

06 May 2020

Is it that big all the time or can you collapse it?

veasy
RE Developer

06 May 2020

@ muckmclane:
Holding the last triggered value in the display would be nice,
--> Implemented with toggle button
but more importantly having the ability to lock in the recently triggered value with the press of a button, without having to manually enter it in(32 times if all slots used!) would be a really helpful addition.
--> Implemented for both A and B values
The next step from there would be to have a button where one could lock all current values A1-H4 simultaneously as the combinator would only let you lock a max of 10 values per instance of Retrigger.
--> Not enough time yet

muckmclane, can you send me a personal message or email with your Reason username, then we can do some testing

@ DaveyG
Is it that big all the time or can you collapse it?
--> it should have a small triangle in the upper left corner like all REs to collapse it
ReArranged Hang:

muckmclane

06 May 2020

veasy wrote:
06 May 2020
@ muckmclane:

but more importantly having the ability to lock in the recently triggered value with the press of a button, without having to manually enter it in(32 times if all slots used!) would be a really helpful addition.
--> Implemented for both A and B values

muckmclane, can you send me a personal message or email with your Reason username, then we can do some testing
Pm sent.
Will be interesting to play with the new implementations.

veasy
RE Developer

07 May 2020

Mr. muckmclane and I are communicating for updates to the ReTrigger. If you have any ideas or wishes, please let me know!

@ electrofux:
I'd suggest a way to reset the current value (on stop, or manually) so that when using the up down the values allways start from the same value (when wanted).
--> is in the to-be-updated-list as well
ReArranged Hang:

Sterioevo

07 May 2020

Nice work on this.

When I first saw the device I thought scalable velocity control possibilities. I have long lusted for scalable velocity to cv control in the combinator...

After reading the manual and playing around I understand and appreciate the random and up/down functions.

Is it possible/have you considered a velocity function, or an aftertouch function that provide a more predictable output response? This plugin has the potential to provide a really easy interface for all the performance controllers to be scaled/inverted. Sure you can do this with Thor, however this concept presents a really accessible and integrated approach.

Apologies if I have missed something or don't full understand the intention.

veasy
RE Developer

07 May 2020

@ Sterioevo:
- Have you seen the video? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmb5kWhwpTo)
- And the ReArranger, considering Velecity? (https://www.veasy.nl/)
- I'm working on another RE that addresses this functionality, thanks for the input though!!
ReArranged Hang:

Sterioevo

07 May 2020

No @Veasy I haven't. I will get myself some education. Thanks!

• Information