Is there a player Re that prevents hanging notes in scales & chords player?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reasonable man

17 Mar 2020

I sometimes use scales and chords as a handy quantizer - notes set to 1 and chords off but it does cause notes to hang most of the time when you include it in a player 'chain'. Was wondering if anyone found a palyer re that accidently eridicates this when palced before or after scales & chords?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2020

You need to workout if it is scales and chords as you said a chain, noteview or even the CV tap placed before it will tell if something else is holding the note, if it is Scales and Chords then maybe take control of the On/Off button on the device or the on/off for the chords.

Just a thought.

Reasonable man

17 Mar 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
17 Mar 2020
You need to workout if it is scales and chords as you said a chain, noteview or even the CV tap placed before it will tell if something else is holding the note, if it is Scales and Chords then maybe take control of the On/Off button on the device or the on/off for the chords.

Just a thought.
Thanks.
I usually put the scales and chords last in the chain before the synth i'm using. I generally have the attack and release on the synth at 0 and sustain on full.
In this instance I've finally had a chance to play around with the loopcracker suite (not working this week and unlikley to return as things stand!) so i'm just putting random matrix pattern's note/gate into the back of a Note Alter and then onto scales and chords (c major). All the white keys light up in scales &chords in turn until most of them stay down and only a handfull of notes are left sounding so you can see and hear all the hanging notes . But in fairness i think ive always found this issue with S&C when just using it as a quantizer . When your using chords its even less usable .
Its only one instance but ive found that when for eg you copy the matrix pattern to track for eg ...it takes alot longer for the notes in S&C to hang but ...hang they do!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
17 Mar 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
17 Mar 2020

Just a thought.
Thanks.
I usually put the scales and chords last in the chain before the synth i'm using. I generally have the attack and release on the synth at 0 and sustain on full.
In this instance I've finally had a chance to play around with the loopcracker suite (not working this week and unlikley to return as things stand!) so i'm just putting random matrix pattern's note/gate into the back of a Note Alter and then onto scales and chords (c major). All the white keys light up in scales &chords in turn until most of them stay down and only a handfull of notes are left sounding so you can see and hear all the hanging notes . But in fairness i think ive always found this issue with S&C when just using it as a quantizer . When your using chords its even less usable .
Its only one instance but ive found that when for eg you copy the matrix pattern to track for eg ...it takes alot longer for the notes in S&C to hang but ...hang they do!
Personally I have not come across that issue, it however sounds like a gate issue (gates not closing correctly), I would put the CV tap above it and see if there is activity when there should not be on the output lights.

selig
RE Developer

17 Mar 2020

I agree w/Poohbear: the first thing is to be sure it's S & C causing this - I've never seen this myself, and just tried a "torture test" if playing tons of notes at once and cannot get S & C to hand. Also added a matrix, and sent it's notes to track, tried different (some overlapping) note lengths, left it playing and came back an hour later an still no "hung" notes.
Can you create the simplest reproducible example of this, one S&C player and one instrument?
Selig Audio, LLC

Reasonable man

17 Mar 2020

ok guys i/ll have another look and see if i'm mistaken . i could be describing the issue wrong!.
I'm currently saving up for some proper screen capture sofware so i unfortunatley cant show it here ..as it were but i'll post a song file here if i cant solve it. I'm on R10 though . Since i bought R10 (from R8) i always remember certain cv signals 'jamming up' scales n' chords tthough for eg . if i put the s&c player inside a combi thats recieving gate/note cv then there were always certain instances of this ocurring ..not all the time but alot particularly radom matrix patterns .
Anyway if you guys dont have note alter (you may not) i'll try find an eg with a MoPol device instead . thanks

Sterioevo

17 Mar 2020

I have experienced some head scratching issues previously (stuck notes and additional notes), and in my case they were related to the so called Easy Midi inputs. Preference settings can be altered when updating Reason and some deactivated midi ports can be reactivated. Bi-directional remote mappings can sometimes use midi notes e.g. MAckie HUI and can cause a midi loop, might be worth having a look in the preferences and deactivating any channels you do not use.

Reasonable man

18 Mar 2020

I'm oficially an idiot

Last night was going to post the song file , decided to put it in a combi instead and thats when i noticed something extremeley important . When i looked at the back of the devices i had accidently put the gate into the note and the note into the gate from the matix. Shoot me now.

I had lost alot of material last year on a mac ox upgrade where i had a few examples of this happenning , I dont have those files anymore but i refuse to believe i was idiotic enough to have done this same thing on all those specific occasions. I may give a genuine example of this in the future as it seemed a common occurance but right now i'm going to take a little break and give myself a talking to .
Thanks for the replies.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
18 Mar 2020
I'm oficially an idiot

Last night was going to post the song file , decided to put it in a combi instead and thats when i noticed something extremeley important . When i looked at the back of the devices i had accidently put the gate into the note and the note into the gate from the matix. Shoot me now.

I had lost alot of material last year on a mac ox upgrade where i had a few examples of this happenning , I dont have those files anymore but i refuse to believe i was idiotic enough to have done this same thing on all those specific occasions. I may give a genuine example of this in the future as it seemed a common occurance but right now i'm going to take a little break and give myself a talking to .
Thanks for the replies.
Shite happens and life goes on, we have all been there at some point :D

• Information