33% OFF: Synthetic Rig 4, Mix & Mastering Rig 4 , Backline Rig 4

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Noiserunner

16 Mar 2020

On sale March 16 - April 5:

Everything 199€ (from 299€)
(MacBook Pro 13", some soft- and hardware)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

Noiserunner wrote:
16 Mar 2020

That’s a sign that Rigs 5 might be on the way soon. I bought the Mastering Rig 3 when it went on sale and then they released Rig 4 five weeks later at an Intro price which was considerably less than what I paid for Rig 3. Just saying.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

16 Mar 2020

Are upgrades also on sale? (I see 79 EUR right now and don't remember if this was 99 EUR before for the upgrade.)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

jam-s wrote:
16 Mar 2020
Are upgrades also on sale? (I see 79 EUR right now and don't remember if this was 99 EUR before for the upgrade.)
Nope. Always 79
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

xboix

16 Mar 2020

I'd be tempted by the backline rig if the price took into account that I have the suite package but as it stands it is very poor value for me.

sdst
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

i wants to buy Reason intro for my collection when i see it on sale

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Mar 2020
Noiserunner wrote:
16 Mar 2020

That’s a sign that Rigs 5 might be on the way soon. I bought the Mastering Rig 3 when it went on sale and then they released Rig 4 five weeks later at an Intro price which was considerably less than what I paid for Rig 3. Just saying.
Maybe. If that's the case what REs would they likely add to the Synth Rig 5? What do you guys think?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2020

I'm kind of tempted to go for the current Synth Rig at this price. Not that I "need" it of course. But still, I would probably have some fun with it. Buying the R11 Suite was totally the right decision for me. Because since I bought it I've made so much more music. Buying new stuff has that effect on me. I feel the need to make my moneys worth and use the stuff I've bought. :) I've already finish 9 new tunes where the focus has been to use the R11 Suite REs.

I do have some REs in the Synth Rig already. Some of the bigger ones like Expanse, Parsec, Nostromo, Antidote, Umpf etc...

The ones that spark at least some interest from me are:

3Plex 3x Line Filter Delay
ABL3 Computer Bassline
Bitspeek
Buffre Beat Repeater
Glitch Effect
Go2 Instrument
Korg MonoPoly
ReDominator Polyphonic Synthesizer
Reveal Sound ReSpire
Rob Papen Quad Instrument
SubBoomBassRE Instrument
Super Audio Cart
VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Does anyone has any opinions regarding these REs? Any favorites? Are these worth the deal?

zoidkirb

16 Mar 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Mar 2020
I'm kind of tempted to go for the current Synth Rig at this price. Not that I "need" it of course. But still, I would probably have some fun with it. Buying the R11 Suite was totally the right decision for me. Because since I bought it I've made so much more music. Buying new stuff has that effect on me. I feel the need to make my moneys worth and use the stuff I've bought. :) I've already finish 9 new tunes where the focus has been to use the R11 Suite REs.

I do have some REs in the Synth Rig already. Some of the bigger ones like Expanse, Parsec, Nostromo, Antidote, Umpf etc...

ABL3 Computer Bassline
Bitspeek
Buffre Beat Repeater
Glitch Effect
Go2 Instrument
Korg MonoPoly
Reveal Sound ReSpire
SubBoomBassRE Instrument
Super Audio Cart
VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Does anyone has any opinions regarding these REs? Any favorites? Are these worth the deal?
Abl3 is always in use here. A must have if you have even a passing interest in early 90's acid and industrial bass lines.
Vk1 is nice and warm but more often than not I reach for Monotone for the tasks I used it for.
Suboom I use every now and then just for some quick easy tuned subby kick sounds.
Respire is lovely if you mostly stick to basic use of oscillators and filters. Trying to delve into the powerful mod matrix/sequencer feature is a massive headache in the RE version. It's also known for its great presets.
The glitch/biffre things are decent but I've got much better vst's here.
3xdelay is one of those 'cheat fx' style units that transforms and audio into some pretty intense trance sounds.
Bitspeek is a very interesting little device if you like experimenting with signal flow. I use it for live guitar jams - driving synth/combinators with my guitar, with fair wack of latency but it's manageable. The less than perfect tracking it has can lead to some interesting glitches too that can be exploited further.

TheGodOfRainbows

17 Mar 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Mar 2020

ABL3 Computer Bassline
Bitspeek
Buffre Beat Repeater
Glitch Effect
Go2 Instrument
Korg MonoPoly
Reveal Sound ReSpire
SubBoomBassRE Instrument
Super Audio Cart
VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

ABL3 is really nice. Classic sound.

ReDominator - another classic. Must have. I like it because it's relatively simple. Clear immediate GUI. Not too deep of a programming rabbit hole to fall in.

Korg MonoPoly classic. Good to have around, but I don't use it much because the GUI gives me a bit of a headache. It's just a grid of same looking, knobs. But because it's one of those classic synths, I like having a round to have as a reference.

Bitspeek is awesome, and one of a kind. You can't get that sound any with any other device (that I know of).

Glitch I like because it's simple and clean interface get's the job done. I've used the stutter and gate a lot.

ReSpire I've barely touched. I don't know why because it's great and has many presets.

Quad is nice, but haven't explored it much.

SubBoomBass I don't care for because it's another grid of small knobs. It's cool that it specializes in one thing, but I never use it. Doesn't inspire me.

Buffre is one of those REs I never touch. Not that it's not useful. It's just that I don't really know how to make the best of it.

3Plex 3x Line Filter Delay I've practically never used.

Super Audio Cart is a ROMpler, in case you didn't realize. Presets load slower as a result. The RE doesn't include the SNESVerb which comes free with the VST.

VK-1 is kind of obsolete since the VK-2 (which is now about 50% off). Not that it doesn't sound good though, but since I have The Legend, I will probably never touch it again.

I don't have Go2 becuase I don't have the Rig upgrade.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
16 Mar 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Mar 2020

ABL3 Computer Bassline
Bitspeek
Buffre Beat Repeater
Glitch Effect
Go2 Instrument
Korg MonoPoly
Reveal Sound ReSpire
SubBoomBassRE Instrument
Super Audio Cart
VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

Abl3 is always in use here. A must have if you have even a passing interest in early 90's acid and industrial bass lines.
Vk1 is nice and warm but more often than not I reach for Monotone for the tasks I used it for.
Suboom I use every now and then just for some quick easy tuned subby kick sounds.
Respire is lovely if you mostly stick to basic use of oscillators and filters. Trying to delve into the powerful mod matrix/sequencer feature is a massive headache in the RE version. It's also known for its great presets.
The glitch/biffre things are decent but I've got much better vst's here.
3xdelay is one of those 'cheat fx' style units that transforms and audio into some pretty intense trance sounds.
Bitspeek is a very interesting little device if you like experimenting with signal flow. I use it for live guitar jams - driving synth/combinators with my guitar, with fair wack of latency but it's manageable. The less than perfect tracking it has can lead to some interesting glitches too that can be exploited further.
Thanks for the reply. Interesting to see other peoples opinions.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2020

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
17 Mar 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Mar 2020

ABL3 Computer Bassline
Bitspeek
Buffre Beat Repeater
Glitch Effect
Go2 Instrument
Korg MonoPoly
Reveal Sound ReSpire
SubBoomBassRE Instrument
Super Audio Cart
VK-1 Viking Synthesizer

ReDominator - another classic. Must have. I like it because it's relatively simple. Clear immediate GUI. Not too deep of a programming rabbit hole to fall in.

Korg MonoPoly classic. Good to have around, but I don't use it much because the GUI gives me a bit of a headache. It's just a grid of same looking, knobs. But because it's one of those classic synths, I like having a round to have as a reference.

Bitspeek is awesome, and one of a kind. You can't get that sound any with any other device (that I know of).

Glitch I like because it's simple and clean interface get's the job done. I've used the stutter and gate a lot.

ReSpire I've barely touched. I don't know why because it's great and has many presets.

SubBoomBass I don't care for because it's another grid of small knobs. It's cool that it specializes in one thing, but I never use it. Doesn't inspire me.

Buffre is one of those REs I never touch. Not that it's not useful. It's just that I don't really know how to make the best of it.

Super Audio Cart is a ROMpler, in case you didn't realize. Presets load slower as a result. The RE doesn't include the SNESVerb which comes free with the VST.

VK-1 is kind of obsolete since the VK-2 (which is now about 50% off). Not that it doesn't sound good though, but since I have The Legend, I will probably never touch it again.

Thanks for your opinions. One thing that makes me hesitate a little is that a lot of synths seem kind of basic. You know the usual, saw/square waves etc. The question is if these new synths offer anything new or special. Of course sometimes it's the details that makes the difference.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
18 Mar 2020
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
17 Mar 2020

Thanks for your opinions. One thing that makes me hesitate a little is that a lot of synths seem kind of basic. You know the usual, saw/square waves etc. The question is if these new synths offer anything new or special. Of course sometimes it's the details that makes the difference.
Get arturia V Collection 7 for €199 instead.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
18 Mar 2020
Thanks for the tip. I watched a video on it after your comment. Seems like pretty cool stuff. But I just prefer working with REs. I do have a couple of VSTs but tend to only use them when I feel "I have to", like when it comes to exciters.
In the end I might not buy any of the deals. We'll see.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
18 Mar 2020
Thanks for the tip. I watched a video on it after your comment. Seems like pretty cool stuff. But I just prefer working with REs. I do have a couple of VSTs but tend to only use them when I feel "I have to", like when it comes to exciters.
Like I said, I bought the Mastering Rig 3 on sale for €199 then 5 or 6 weeks later they brought out Rigs 4 which went in sale at €129. Yeah...I was a bit put out. Rigs 4 have been on the go for ages so I’d just wait it out.
The VSTs in V Collection are seriously awesome. Even though they are “vintage” synths.
Kick that RE habit man. The truth will set you free :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
19 Mar 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Mar 2020

Like I said, I bought the Mastering Rig 3 on sale for €199 then 5 or 6 weeks later they brought out Rigs 4 which went in sale at €129. Yeah...I was a bit put out. Rigs 4 have been on the go for ages so I’d just wait it out.
The VSTs in V Collection are seriously awesome. Even though they are “vintage” synths.
It's not likely I'll go the VST route. I'm very much about how I "feel" about things when it comes to making music. If I buy a bunch of VSTs which would probably be a "logical" choice I probably wouldn't use them much. It's not so much about the best deal from a logical perspective. It's about "Will I make music with the things I buy?".
I've been trilialing the Synthetic Rig a bit the last couple of days. Too bad I've used up some of the trials already.
Looks like I'm mostly interested in Super Audio Cart and Viking-1. They just seemed to have a stronger character than many other synths in the bundle. Wish I could trial Redominator again.
But if I go for Super Audio Cart and Viking-1 I'd be better off buying them separately instead. I can buy Super Audio Cart for 49 with my reward points and V-1 goes for 25 at the moment.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
19 Mar 2020

It's not likely I'll go the VST route. I'm very much about how I "feel" about things when it comes to making music. If I buy a bunch of VSTs which would probably be a "logical" choice I probably wouldn't use them much. It's not so much about the best deal from a logical perspective. It's about "Will I make music with the things I buy?".
I've been trilialing the Synthetic Rig a bit the last couple of days. Too bad I've used up some of the trials already.
Looks like I'm mostly interested in Super Audio Cart and Viking-1. They just seemed to have a stronger character than many other synths in the bundle. Wish I could trial Redominator again.
But if I go for Super Audio Cart and Viking-1 I'd be better off buying them separately instead. I can buy Super Audio Cart for 49 with my reward points and V-1 goes for 25 at the moment.
Wait it out man. I'm pretty sure there's a storm coming.
Strangely enough though...a while ago I had a whole load of VSTs which just sat there pretty much unused. Now I find that it's nearly all VSTs I use in Reason.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information