PLAYERS OPEN UP WITH INSTRUMENT ATTACHED?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
cybermax26

05 Mar 2020

Anytime I try to open any player in reason 11, it opens up with a piano attached? why is the instrument getting attached to a player? do I need to reset my reason?

When I remove the instrument attached to the player it removes the instrument and player? I just want to be able to load the player without any instruments?

PhillipOrdonez

05 Mar 2020

cybermax26 wrote:
05 Mar 2020
Anytime I try to open any player in reason 11, it opens up with a piano attached? why is the instrument getting attached to a player? do I need to reset my reason?

When I remove the instrument attached to the player it removes the instrument and player? I just want to be able to load the player without any instruments?
Reset your Reason IMMEDIATELY!!!!

😂

players are midi devices and require an instrument to send the midi data to in order to exist in the rack. If you want to have a player without any instrument, just replace the default piano it loads with with an empty combinator, or any instrument or just mute the piano track.

challism

06 Mar 2020

You can easily change the instrument by drag/dropping the instrument you do want onto the MIDI piano. This is a new feature for R11. Previously, you couldn't open a Player without first having an instrument.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

selig
RE Developer

06 Mar 2020

Curious what your use case for a Player without an Instrument is?
Selig Audio, LLC

challism

08 Mar 2020

selig wrote:
06 Mar 2020
I'm curious about that too. It's kind of like a vegetarian buying a new set of steak knives.

There really is no way to have a player without an instrument attached. Can't happen. The best you can do is maybe have a sampler (or kong, Dr Rex, redrum) without any samples loaded. But I would have to echo what Giles wrote and ask why you would want that.

Are you aware that you can stack players on top of each other? Might it have something to do with wanting to use more than one player for one instrument? Because you can stack as many players as you want on top of an instrument, and it will play through them all. Order of play is from the top down.

Biolumin3sc3nt

08 Mar 2020

Drag Your favorite Instrument first -- Put a player next -- end of story

joeyluck

08 Mar 2020

challism wrote:
08 Mar 2020
selig wrote:
06 Mar 2020
I'm curious about that too. It's kind of like a vegetarian buying a new set of steak knives.

There really is no way to have a player without an instrument attached. Can't happen. The best you can do is maybe have a sampler (or kong, Dr Rex, redrum) without any samples loaded. But I would have to echo what Giles wrote and ask why you would want that.

Are you aware that you can stack players on top of each other? Might it have something to do with wanting to use more than one player for one instrument? Because you can stack as many players as you want on top of an instrument, and it will play through them all. Order of play is from the top down.
Well as mentioned, you can attach one to an empty Combinator.

I guess some folks might make use of some of the CV connectivity that some of the Players have and not necessarily notes for instruments?

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2020

I think it would be useful for complex stacks that route CV signals out of the stack. Players inside Combinators wouldn’t have to require a device under them, since they would usually receive their MIDI from the Combinators input. Placing the Players outside works, but then the chain can’t be saved that way. I end up using empty NN19’s inside the Combinator as placeholders so I can save the whole patch. If we had virtual MIDI cables this problem would be solved.

Creativemind

08 Mar 2020

selig wrote:
06 Mar 2020
:lol:

That was my first initial thought.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

challism

09 Mar 2020

joeyluck wrote:
08 Mar 2020
challism wrote:
08 Mar 2020

Well as mentioned, you can attach one to an empty Combinator.

I guess some folks might make use of some of the CV connectivity that some of the Players have and not necessarily notes for instruments?
D'oh! Forgot about an empty Combinator. Yes, that is really the only option for a Player without an Instrument attached.

• Information