Phrase Key Trigged Sequencer in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
geronimo

27 Feb 2020

Phrase Key Trigged Sequencer by Retouch Control: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... sequencer/

Bes
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2020

i really like ReTouch's Rack Extensions, this is another interesting combination of ideas. i absolutely recommend reading the manual to get the most out it
phrase retouch.JPG
phrase retouch.JPG (89.67 KiB) Viewed 6525 times
- Certified Reason expert

Mint

27 Feb 2020

This'll go nice with one of their other Re's JammeR. :cool:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... er-module/

PhillipOrdonez

27 Feb 2020

I'm a fan of some of their devices. They seem to come up with new, interesting ideas. I'll trial as soon as possible.

lowtom

28 Feb 2020

Nice one!
:reason: :refill: :re:

Yonatan

28 Feb 2020

Agree, they always have their own take on things. I have several of their RE:s. This seem fun.

chimp_spanner

28 Feb 2020

This is actually really cool. Super inventive take on arpeggiation, and generates some complex and interesting patterns in conjunction with my other players. When used "normally" it feels very much like an analogue style sequencer so I can see this being good for driving multiple external devices.

Oof and the chord step mode is nice too! Okay I'm gonna get it.

*Edit: got it. Total no brainer at £17. So many uses for this.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2020

Kind of like this but is it essentially just a poor man’s Sequences/ Polystep or is there more to it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

chimp_spanner

04 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
04 Mar 2020
Kind of like this but is it essentially just a poor man’s Sequences/ Polystep or is there more to it?
I'd say it's different enough to fill its own niche. For instance, yeah you can do chord steps in Polystep but you don't have control over the notes in the chord. In this, a chord step will play exactly the notes you send into it. And then you've got options as to what should happen next; play the next note in the sequence, jump to first, last, play previous, etc. I think it's pretty neat/novel! Definitely for the money too.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
04 Mar 2020
I'd say it's different enough to fill its own niche. For instance, yeah you can do chord steps in Polystep but you don't have control over the notes in the chord. In this, a chord step will play exactly the notes you send into it. And then you've got options as to what should happen next; play the next note in the sequence, jump to first, last, play previous, etc. I think it's pretty neat/novel! Definitely for the money too.
Hmmm. That’s a good point. I wasted my trials in both polystep and sequences. Sequences has had so much added that even though I can’t remember much about it I’m going to have to get it. I’ve got a whole load of Retouch Control stuff but it’s seldom I use them. I do like this new device though. Hmm few days left until the price goes up. Need to think about it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Bes
Competition Winner

04 Mar 2020

i think i prefer doing this kind of thing with Kompulsion but i will really miss the ability to change the step length per step

miscend

05 Mar 2020

I don't usually pay attention to these midi utility type devices but this one is very neat and innovative. The price is also realistic.

PhillipOrdonez

05 Mar 2020

I dig it. Bought!

friday

05 Mar 2020

In my Repertoire now.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2020

Not quite the same thing I know but this made me revisit Step Note Recorder 2. Two or three of them through CV Player tap with different resolutions, repeats and slides. Awesome. REs I've bought but never really used are starting to come out of the cupboard and finding a new lease of life :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ddrex
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2020

Great device nice for generative stuff thanks to all the remotables.
Speaking of remotables linking a rotary in a combi to the target Scale Var crashes the device

RetouchControl
RE Developer

06 Apr 2020

ddrex wrote:
07 Mar 2020
Great device nice for generative stuff thanks to all the remotables.
Speaking of remotables linking a rotary in a combi to the target Scale Var crashes the device
The latest version 1.0.3 should have fixed this issue. Here is the complete list of changes:

Version 1.0.3:
  • Added: Cmd(Mac)/Ctrl(Win) + click to reset a step parameter
  • Added: Locrian and Super-Locrian scales
  • Fixed: device error when controlling the scale parameter from a combinator knob
  • Fixed: shift up/down commands from the Transpose edit menu now only affects the steps which have transpositions
  • Fixed: "Last" play mode not working as expected when "Note Order" was set to "Note Number"
  • Fixed: "Scale" and "Key" are now properly labelled when automated in the sequencer

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2021

Every sale I think about getting it. Every sale I pass on it. Now it’s that time again. Hmmm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 May 2021
Every sale I think about getting it. Every sale I pass on it. Now it’s that time again. Hmmm.
Bought. Now I don't have to think about it any more and that's worth the €21 in itself.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Yonatan

21 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
21 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 May 2021
Bought. Now I don't have to think about it any more and that's worth the €21 in itself.
Good for you. I never regretted to buy this fun player.

Bes
Competition Winner

04 May 2022

NEW: version 1.0.9 adds “Insert Step” and “Remove Step” functions in the Seq Edit menu, plus new “Random Walk” sequencer direction

challism

04 May 2022

I saw that update. ChordSQ has an update, too.
They've both got an "update sale" at $19 down from $25.

I don't think we will see a bigger discount during MM sale, since that sale is only a few weeks away.
I would consider this update sale to be an early MM sale, as far as the pricing is concerned.
I don't think Retouch drops their $25 prices any lower than $19 (which is understandable, as they are already very reasonably priced at $25).

I love Phrase and ChordSQ... so great!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2023

NEW: version 1.2.0 adds “skip previous” and “skip next” play modes, play mode randomization percentages, step trigger probabilities, generate new patterns and phrases, plus other QOL improvements

Bes
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2023

"Skip N/P" are extended versions of the Next and Previous modes

e.g if the chord is Cmaj and youve enabled "cycle notes"
Next will sequence C then E then G then C again and so on like a regular arpeggiator
Skip Next will sequence C then G then cycle around to E and then again back to C and so on
so it acts as (Next + Next) in a single step

• Information