A/B 12 Switch RE - now open source

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pongasoft
RE Developer

21 Feb 2020

Guys

After releasing CVA-7 as open source, I just released A/B 12 Switch as open source as well. You can now check it out on github.

Yan
PS: don't hesitate to reach out in private if you have any questions...

Loque

21 Feb 2020

musicluv.gif
musicluv.gif (94.02 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Reason12, Win10

challism

21 Feb 2020

Thank you for your continued generosity, Yan.

I really like this device. I always thought it would be great if it were to also work for CV, not just audio. Similar to how your A/B audio CV switch works, but with 12 channels for CV (I love that device, but I find myself having to use multiple instances of it when I'm building something and it can get complicated sometimes). Maybe now that it's open source some clever person could go in and copy the code and add CV to the input/output options. I have no idea how to do it, or I would.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

pongasoft
RE Developer

22 Feb 2020

challism wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Thank you for your continued generosity, Yan.

I really like this device. I always thought it would be great if it were to also work for CV, not just audio. Similar to how your A/B audio CV switch works, but with 12 channels for CV (I love that device, but I find myself having to use multiple instances of it when I'm building something and it can get complicated sometimes). Maybe now that it's open source some clever person could go in and copy the code and add CV to the input/output options. I have no idea how to do it, or I would.
I think it would be easier to just do a device that switch between 12 CV inputs, vs adding it to this one (cloning this device as a starting point is certainly a possibility). The device is already pretty packed (look at the back with all the sockets) and I am not sure how you would handle 12 more ;) Also you would need an extra mode to specify whether the buttons are switching audio or CV... kinda messy.

I have never gotten any feedback about the need for a bigger switch for CV... so I didn't know there was a need... I tend to build what I need for myself, but would definitely like to get ideas of what other devices people are interested in ;)

Yan

challism

22 Feb 2020

Agreed. It would probably be better to convert the A/B Audio & CV 2-way switch, if you plan on releasing that to github. WOuld probably be simple enough to just add more CVs and get rid of the Audio side of the device. It's a great little tool and I use it a lot. And it isn't a big deal to chain a few of these in succession.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information