New TrixMate CV Switch by Haaswerk

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2020

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-switch/

Welcome new Dev Haaswerk

The TrixMate CV Switch is made to function as an add-on to the well known 'matrix' pattern sequencer(s). Hook up 4 matrixes and let the randomizer switch their inputs!

Product details
The TrixMate can be used several ways but the main function is to select which CV input will be sent through to the main CV output.

How it works:

Note CV: with this turned on TrixMate uses the external CV Note/Gate trigger input. Change in note triggers an input switch based on notes C3-D#3.

Switch: this is the manual knob. With this turned on you can manually decide which input is selected. Switch overrides Note CV.

Randomizer: the randomizer section has 3 modes, and each input has a separate probability and repeat value. These settings combined can make many variations based on the probability setting of each input. The repeats aren't affected by probability and will always occur. Randomizer overrides Switch, but Switch can affect the input selection to in-between trigger notes.
- Certified Reason expert

BRIGGS

18 Feb 2020

looks like a standard reason device!!!

woo hoo!!! :thumbs_up:
r11s

Bes
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2020

(edit) for the progressions to works both Switch and Randomizer need to be active at the same time and the repeats seem to be based on the CV trigger input

no website or other contact details for the Dev so i'll post this hoping the Dev will see it.

i was able to return a stuck note (no gate off) quite easily by turning the active section off whilst a note was playing

zoidkirb

18 Feb 2020

So it's kind of like a poor man's Quad Note Generator? :D

Bes
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
18 Feb 2020
i would say it acts closer to the pattern switching behaviour of the PolyStep player, or possibly the trigger switch node of Delta Midi Computer. but being its own separate module it can be fed patterns from any other sequencing RE like grid64n or euclid or psq-1684.

Spaceship

18 Feb 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
18 Feb 2020
No

zoidkirb

18 Feb 2020

Bes wrote:
18 Feb 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
18 Feb 2020
i would say it acts closer to the pattern switching behaviour of the PolyStep player, or possibly the trigger switch node of Delta Midi Computer. but being its own separate module it can be fed patterns from any other sequencing RE like grid64n or euclid or psq-1684.
Looking forward to trying it out with some of the other player devices and working up some quasi generative tunes.

Bes
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2020

i have been testing it on and off for the past few hours and i'm not really sure if the randomizer is working, channels with chance set to 0% can still get triggered and channels set to 100% or 75% don't really seem to get triggered more than channels set to 50%. i'm not really sure what the gate section is supposed to do yet and without a manual to check i'm just trying and erroring

dvdrtldg

19 Feb 2020

I can't get it to work. Very frustrating when this sort of thing is released with no manual or explanatory video

FLVZ

19 Feb 2020

Bes wrote:
18 Feb 2020
i have been testing it on and off for the past few hours and i'm not really sure if the randomizer is working, channels with chance set to 0% can still get triggered and channels set to 100% or 75% don't really seem to get triggered more than channels set to 50%. i'm not really sure what the gate section is supposed to do yet and without a manual to check i'm just trying and erroring
I would have thought the randomisation aspect, would ignore human intervention but the way the randomiser is explained is kind of confusing. It looks like you should be able to doctor the random factor using the chance controls, but then isnt that defeating the point of randomness? Anyway haven't tried the device, just thinking out loud...

chimp_spanner

19 Feb 2020

I've got it doing something cool! I just don't know how exactly. Would love a manual or video on how it all works because it looks like it could be super useful.

zoidkirb

19 Feb 2020

not sure i've got the full idea of this device yet but here's a little combi i made that might get things going....
Attachments
zoidkirb's trimate matrix's.zip
(4.34 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

MannequinRaces

19 Feb 2020

I don’t get why stuff is allowed in the shop without a manual or intro video that shows off the features, etc.. You would think better marketed REs will sell more REs which make everybody more money (Props, and Devs).

challism

19 Feb 2020

I'm not sure how the randomization or gate functions work, but you guys should also check out Robotic Bean's (FREE) Select CV Switch. It has a CV input on the back which you could connect to a Pulsar for randomness. You could input up to 8 sequencer type devices. Here is a combi. It's set to randomly switch the input device for up to 4 devices. If you add more devices, just turn Pulsar's LFO1 level knob up.
Select CV Switch.zip
(5.41 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Stygian Abyss

20 Feb 2020

Flavolous wrote:
19 Feb 2020
I would have thought the randomisation aspect, would ignore human intervention but the way the randomiser is explained is kind of confusing. It looks like you should be able to doctor the random factor using the chance controls, but then isnt that defeating the point of randomness? Anyway haven't tried the device, just thinking out loud...
In fact, what you call "doctor the random factor" is known as altering the probability distribution in terms of statistics. This remains a completely random process, but it allows some events of your choice to occur more often than others.
challism wrote:
19 Feb 2020
I'm not sure how the randomization or gate functions work, but you guys should also check out Robotic Bean's (FREE) Select CV Switch. It has a CV input on the back which you could connect to a Pulsar for randomness. You could input up to 8 sequencer type devices. Here is a combi. It's set to randomly switch the input device for up to 4 devices. If you add more devices, just turn Pulsar's LFO1 level knob up.
I could be wrong, as I have not tried your combi yet, but I suppose that it should be possible to alter its probability distribution by inserting a non linear CV device like Arcus User Knobs between Pulsar and Select CV Switch. You will obtain an effect similar to the chance controls. Of course this would be a little bit cumbersome compared an all-in-one device like this TrixMate.

• Information