B.I.T. question; OSC 2 FM without hearing OSC 1?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

14 Feb 2020

Hey! Just a quick one this. Is it possible to not send OSC 1 to the amp section but still have it modulate OSC 2 for FM? Maybe I'm missing something super obvious!

Rob Papen

17 Feb 2020

Hello,

Yes, inside the Oscillator-1 you can shut off the Oscillator going to the Filter section.

Inside the 02 Synth 01 folder, you can find presets like 'BIT FM-Rimba' which uses the Oscillator1 only for modulating the Oscillator2.
In this case 'phase modulation' is used, which is essentially the type of modulation used in the original FM synthesis synthesizer.

The built-in advanced panel with LFO and Envelope allows modulating the modulating oscilllator. For example to have volume control over the Oscillator-1 which modulates Oscillator-2.

These features used in, for example, these FM-Rimba sounds or the 'Gloss Pad' patch inside '03 Pad 01' folder. make that the sound pallet of B.I.T. is bigger than you might expect from a virtual analog synthesizer :D

Rob

chimp_spanner

17 Feb 2020

Rob Papen wrote:
17 Feb 2020
Hello,

Yes, inside the Oscillator-1 you can shut off the Oscillator going to the Filter section.

Inside the 02 Synth 01 folder, you can find presets like 'BIT FM-Rimba' which uses the Oscillator1 only for modulating the Oscillator2.
In this case 'phase modulation' is used, which is essentially the type of modulation used in the original FM synthesis synthesizer.

The built-in advanced panel with LFO and Envelope allows modulating the modulating oscilllator. For example to have volume control over the Oscillator-1 which modulates Oscillator-2.

These features used in, for example, these FM-Rimba sounds or the 'Gloss Pad' patch inside '03 Pad 01' folder. make that the sound pallet of B.I.T. is bigger than you might expect from a virtual analog synthesizer :D

Rob
Thanks for the instructions!! Got it - nice one. Great work on BIT btw. Very fun, usable and versatile.

• Information