B.I.T. -RE from Rob Papen released!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RPSupport
Posts: 90
Joined: 20 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that our virtual analog synthesizer B.I.T. is now available as a Rack Extension!
Image

Introduction price! 20% discount until 1 March 2020

B.I.T. stands for Back In Time… So, no spectrum waveforms, or samples inside B.I.T. nope, it is pure ‘Analogue Modelled’ synthesis. Although B.I.T. has no patch cables on its front panel, it is modular by all means! The Modulation Matrix is used for patching, however, also included are the smart ‘advanced’ panels inside the Oscillators. With these advanced features, you can quickly make several connections such as LFO and Envelope to the Oscillator parameters inside of B.I.T.

Also included is the option to modulate Oscillator 2 by Oscillator 1 in several ways which expands the sound pallet with Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, and Ring Modulation.

A Rob Papen synthesizer would, of course, be incomplete without the arpeggiator (which can also work in sequencer mode), so a fully-featured Arp is available and has an additional free row that you can use to modulate other parts of B.I.T. by using the Modulation Matrix. And of course, flip the Reason rack around and B.I.T.- RE includes the usual CV / Gate Inputs and Outputs, and an audio input for the use of the Filters or/and FX!!

Finally, adding the finishing touch inside B.I.T. is, of course, the FX section. Some superb sounding FX are included. You will find our top-notch Reverb inside B.I.T.-RE which means you won’t have to go outboard for adding reverb. As previously mentioned B.I.T. stands for ‘Back In Time’ however it can also mean ‘Be Inspired Today’ whilst using our Analogue Modelled Synthesizer.

You can find the product page here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/

Edit: be sure to check out the newsletter for details on upgrades and cross grades etc.

https://ymlp.com/z5b9Ic
Last edited by RPSupport on 12 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 435
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 12 Feb 2020

:puf_wink: Super; nice ! :thumbs_up:

Yonatan
Posts: 1211
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

Ah, that will be something to try out this coming weekend. The more the merrier!

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1716
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 12 Feb 2020

Thanks for still making REs, Papeners! Is there any way to get the RE for cheap if you already have the eXplorer5 bundle?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 2480
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

RPSupport wrote:
12 Feb 2020
Hi all,

We are pleased to announce that our virtual analog synthesizer B.I.T. is now available as a Rack Extension!
Image

Introduction price! 20% discount until 1 March 2020

B.I.T. stands for Back In Time… So, no spectrum waveforms, or samples inside B.I.T. nope, it is pure ‘Analogue Modelled’ synthesis. Although B.I.T. has no patch cables on its front panel, it is modular by all means! The Modulation Matrix is used for patching, however, also included are the smart ‘advanced’ panels inside the Oscillators. With these advanced features, you can quickly make several connections such as LFO and Envelope to the Oscillator parameters inside of B.I.T.

Also included is the option to modulate Oscillator 2 by Oscillator 1 in several ways which expands the sound pallet with Phase Modulation, Frequency Modulation, and Ring Modulation.

A Rob Papen synthesizer would, of course, be incomplete without the arpeggiator (which can also work in sequencer mode), so a fully-featured Arp is available and has an additional free row that you can use to modulate other parts of B.I.T. by using the Modulation Matrix. And of course, flip the Reason rack around and B.I.T.- RE includes the usual CV / Gate Inputs and Outputs, and an audio input for the use of the Filters or/and FX!!

Finally, adding the finishing touch inside B.I.T. is, of course, the FX section. Some superb sounding FX are included. You will find our top-notch Reverb inside B.I.T.-RE which means you won’t have to go outboard for adding reverb. As previously mentioned B.I.T. stands for ‘Back In Time’ however it can also mean ‘Be Inspired Today’ whilst using our Analogue Modelled Synthesizer.

You can find the product page here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/
This is amazing. Demo'ing while I work and only on laptop keys atm but the sound is fantastic. Presets are well organised and super usable and there are tonnes of them. This could be the replacement workhorse synth I've been looking for for a while now. Love it. Well done!!

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7776
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

Muahhh...the back is full of connections :thumbs_up:

I just already have the VST version...so what can i do :? :?:
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1890
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

Killer Killer layout - UI. Very nice visual to stare at.

OSC w/ independent LFO and ENVs ... right there.
Fully Fledged independent Filters - with LFOs and ENVs... wow!

Nice use of space.
I think 'FINE' knobs should be BIGGER than Coarse, but, no biggie.
Ample FX...

Good challenger to Antidote.

User avatar
PeZiK
Posts: 28
Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Location: Iceland

Post 12 Feb 2020

Hi Rob,

is there any special deal on the RE for Explorer 6 owners? ;)

P.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5070
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 12 Feb 2020

diminished wrote:
12 Feb 2020
Thanks for still making REs, Papeners! Is there any way to get the RE for cheap if you already have the eXplorer5 bundle?
Hahaha. I didn’t know you had that.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 1444
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 12 Feb 2020

From the newsletter:

"If you already own B.I.T. as a VST, we can also offer you the RE version with a 50% discount. Just drop us a note at info@robpapen.com if you would like to own the RE version as well."

So that's around $40 for those of us who already bought the VST. No thanks. :thumbs_down:
https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music | https://soundcloud.com/hurricaneaudiolab
Mac mini | Logic Pro X | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700/D2/TR-09 | microKorg I 03R/W | SL990 PRO

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7776
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

hurricane wrote:
12 Feb 2020
From the newsletter:

"If you already own B.I.T. as a VST, we can also offer you the RE version with a 50% discount. Just drop us a note at info@robpapen.com if you would like to own the RE version as well."

So that's around $40 for those of us who already bought the VST. No thanks. :thumbs_down:
I think there are some shop restructions... But i agree, it's not the best deal. I really would rather like to have the RE... 🙄
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 932
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 12 Feb 2020

Sounds good!!!

RPSupport
Posts: 90
Joined: 20 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

PeZiK wrote:
12 Feb 2020
Hi Rob,

is there any special deal on the RE for Explorer 6 owners? ;)

P.
Sure, check out the newsletter for details.

https://ymlp.com/z5b9Ic

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1716
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 12 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
12 Feb 2020
diminished wrote:
12 Feb 2020
Thanks for still making REs, Papeners! Is there any way to get the RE for cheap if you already have the eXplorer5 bundle?
Hahaha. I didn’t know you had that.
I'm sure I told you, that 99€ deal if you already had some REs was too good to pass on :D
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5070
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 12 Feb 2020

diminished wrote:
12 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
12 Feb 2020


Hahaha. I didn’t know you had that.
I'm sure I told you, that 99€ deal if you already had some REs was too good to pass on :D
Hmmm. Are you sure it wasn’t me who told you about the deal? hahaha. Memory’s going.
丰2ॐ

JdA57
Posts: 69
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 12 Feb 2020

Is this by design? PITCH BEND - or maybe another problem?

Pitch-Wheel value is exp- half-destination-value?

Example: BendDown 4, BendUp 4 results in 'one-tone' (maybe c -> d / g -> a) up & down.

Example: BendDown 2, BendUp 2 results in 'half-tone' (maybe c -> c# / g -> g#) up & down.

Example: BendDown 1, BendUp 1 results in 'quarter-tone' (maybe mid between c -> c# / g -> g#) up & down.

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1716
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 12 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
12 Feb 2020
diminished wrote:
12 Feb 2020


I'm sure I told you, that 99€ deal if you already had some REs was too good to pass on :D
Hmmm. Are you sure it wasn’t me who told you about the deal? hahaha. Memory’s going.
Haha, chances are that this is exactly what happened :lol: Maybe this is even how we started talking...? It was one of my first purchases outside of Reason.

RP - responsible for all kinds of magic :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5070
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 12 Feb 2020

diminished wrote:
12 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
12 Feb 2020


Hmmm. Are you sure it wasn’t me who told you about the deal? hahaha. Memory’s going.
Haha, chances are that this is exactly what happened :lol: Maybe this is even how we started talking...? It was one of my first purchases outside of Reason.

RP - responsible for all kinds of magic :)
One day, when we're old and grey, we can look at our RP accounts and compare purchase dates :).
丰2ॐ

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 1982
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

It's great to see another RE released from one of the big developers. Thank you for continuing to support the RE format, Rob Papen and Co.
Reason 2.5, Windows 95, 4MB RAM, 133Mhz CPU, integrated soundblaster 14.4k dial-up modem

:rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt:
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
FiatLux
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 12 Feb 2020

Is there no waveform view in the RE?
Is that only a feature in the VST?

RPSupport
Posts: 90
Joined: 20 Jan 2015

Post 13 Feb 2020

FiatLux wrote:
12 Feb 2020
Is there no waveform view in the RE?
Is that only a feature in the VST?
It's only available in the VST version.

RPSupport
Posts: 90
Joined: 20 Jan 2015

Post 13 Feb 2020

JdA57 wrote:
12 Feb 2020
Is this by design? PITCH BEND - or maybe another problem?

Pitch-Wheel value is exp- half-destination-value?

Example: BendDown 4, BendUp 4 results in 'one-tone' (maybe c -> d / g -> a) up & down.

Example: BendDown 2, BendUp 2 results in 'half-tone' (maybe c -> c# / g -> g#) up & down.

Example: BendDown 1, BendUp 1 results in 'quarter-tone' (maybe mid between c -> c# / g -> g#) up & down.
Hi there,

This is a bug, it's been fixed and awaiting approval.

Thank you for mentioning it.

scratchnsnifff
Posts: 1421
Joined: 21 Sep 2016

Post 13 Feb 2020

Omfg

Even though I have it in explorer

I have to get this!
It will get a ton of usage in Re format.
Thanks rob and team!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

User avatar
dusan.cani
Posts: 219
Joined: 16 Oct 2018
Location: Slovakia

Post 14 Feb 2020

Hmm, in the recent time I realized that reason rack has made me to feel "claustrophobic". When I open VST floating window I encounter freedom :D I love to see instrument within the most of the computer screen so I can fully immerse into its user interface and get inspired.

The major drawback of the rack is too small knobs and faders on complex instrument. A lot of time I accidentally touch knob out of its area (because it's too small) and whole device gets blurred because of move action.

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 435
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 14 Mar 2020

Sorry but I started the trial version on February 25 and it is March 14: at home, trial version finished and this B.I.T. RE has become inaccessible !

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Trendiction [Bot] and 3 guests