REs by ujam: What do you want to see?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ujam-instruments
RE Developer

09 Jan 2020

Hi Reason Talkers!
We hope you’re all doing well and you had an awesome start into the New Year. :D For the beginning of 2020, we want to reach out to the Rack Extension community. Is there something you always wanted to know about ujam and the Virtual Instruments? :?:

We want to help you getting the most out of your Rack Extensions and support you with...well you decide!
Drummer, Bassists or Beatmaker...everything matters. Do you need a few tips, a quick tutorial or a groovy beat? ;) Maybe something completely different? :o

Tell us! We are looking forward to your feedback.

friday

09 Jan 2020

Percussion RE optimized for modern genres. (african house, techno, electronica, trap, memphis rap)

Edit: Cello
Last edited by friday on 12 Jan 2020, edited 2 times in total.

joel

09 Jan 2020

virtual guitarist rack extension

PGR

09 Jan 2020

The update to the Beatmaker series also for RE-format!

Proboscis

09 Jan 2020

For Ujam RE's I would like to see the ability to fold sections. There is an incredible amount of wasted rack space, but if you want to keep the outlandish designs as they are, then how about the option for hiding sections A & B in a similar way Thor uses 'Show/Hide Programmer' and RV7000 uses 'Remote Programmer'

I also don't know if the drum RE's function the same as the A-list they replaced, but if so, it's frustrating that each 'note' starts at the beginning. Often I would like to use for example the first half of Verse 1, and the second half of Chorus 1. Maybe this isn't possible since they are triggering loops and therefore need to start from the beginning, but it severely limits the creation of a custom beat

Loque

09 Jan 2020

Proboscis wrote:
09 Jan 2020
For Ujam RE's I would like to see the ability to fold sections. There is an incredible amount of wasted rack space, but if you want to keep the outlandish designs as they are, then how about the option for hiding sections A & B in a similar way Thor uses 'Show/Hide Programmer' and RV7000 uses 'Remote Programmer'

I also don't know if the drum RE's function the same as the A-list they replaced, but if so, it's frustrating that each 'note' starts at the beginning. Often I would like to use for example the first half of Verse 1, and the second half of Chorus 1. Maybe this isn't possible since they are triggering loops and therefore need to start from the beginning, but it severely limits the creation of a custom beat
Folding is not possible for RE.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

09 Jan 2020

Could you create a powerful rompler-RE that can load Kontakt libraries directly instead of using some kind of conversion process?

mbfrancis

10 Jan 2020

I love the uJam REs...the quality (sounds and programming/loops) is outstanding. Things I'd love to see:

* Export to MIDI - not sure if possible in RE
* More fills - 3 fills...cmon
* Make it easier to program and customize - muting individual drums is cumbersome.

My $.02, great devices though.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2020

Regarding VB: Maybe open up the patterns for customization, and making your own (like most Kontakt guitar players). Make one VB talk to another so patterns can be used across when you own multiple VBs.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

10 Jan 2020

A lot of things suggested are not possible with RE. Maybe its time for uJam to talk to Reasonstudios...

I agree, that some inter RE communication could be interesting (Fabfilters, Ozone, and so on), more flexible devices (folding) or loading of different files (micro tuning, MIDI, ...). All things already suggestion/requested in the past.

For the new uJam device...dunno, i am pretty sattleed with everything. Percussions would be an interesting idea or heavy guitar (most available just suck).
Reason12, Win10

sonicbyte

10 Jan 2020

The samples on guitar series, specially the acoustic and pop, aren't too good, I compare with any other guitar out there in kontakt (even free) and the sound quality is not match.
Lots of time I have to add multiple instances to "mimic" a decent guitar sound, it doesn't happens so much with power chords and finger acoustic guitar.

Thanks

superpop

10 Jan 2020

A Virtual Brass.

Yonatan

10 Jan 2020

superpop wrote:
10 Jan 2020
A Virtual Brass.
+1 Me too...

fullforce

10 Jan 2020

A coffee machine
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Loque

10 Jan 2020

fullforce wrote:
10 Jan 2020
A coffee machine
I already have one and it makes good coffee.
Reason12, Win10

Yonatan

11 Jan 2020

Virtual Background singers...
Well all those wishes one has is just the things that are the hardest to make in an sample based unit.

A more doable would be as mentioned already, Virtual Percussionists.

Proboscis

11 Jan 2020

A percussion range would be great, but beyond the more common ones like bongo, congas etc of which there are a million and one already out there, maybe a focus on some world music percussion. There are a lot of traditional Persian percussion instruments, and also lots of very different playing styles within the traditional Indian tabla disciplines. And music from the African continent, that's huge in it's diversity. There are REX loops for all sorts of percussion, but they are limited because you can't selectively control each piece, whereas with uJam you have that deeper level of control. Bass drum too loud ? Just turn it down ! Want to break out some high end percussion for individual processing ? Easy with multiple audio outputs.

gullum

12 Jan 2020

I want nothing that will make music for me. So unless the devices are like the Drummer that lets you play them like a standard GM drum, I'm not slightly interested.

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2020

Physical modelling claps.

Jmax

12 Jan 2020

+` for some Percussion

gregmarksimpson

14 Jan 2020

Discontinue the A-List Guitarists and port the full range of Virtual Guitarists to RE, including the new Carbon. Offer a crossgrade discount like you did with A-List Drummers > Virtual Drummers :)

Keep up the excellent work!!

deigm

16 Jan 2020

joel wrote:
09 Jan 2020
virtual guitarist rack extension
+1 :D

ujam-instruments
RE Developer

21 Jan 2020

Hi folks,
thank you so much for your great answers! :thumbs_up: From percussion RE to coffee machine, you inspired me with some good ideas and I will make sure to forward this feedback to our developer team. Let's see what they make out of it! ;)

Best,
Stefan

HeresJohnny312

27 Feb 2020

I want to see a more complex synthesizer/workstation device , not so much geared at being easy but at being cool to use and fun to make new sounds!

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2020

HeresJohnny312 wrote:
27 Feb 2020
I want to see a more complex synthesizer/workstation device , not so much geared at being easy but at being cool to use and fun to make new sounds!
Using them to supplement a track at the very end or when I'm adding pads, bells/whistles, etc, is ideal for me.

They are good for real instruments and things that are nearly impossible to synthesize. "A rompler is an electronic music instrument that plays pre-fabricated sounds based on audio samples" This still means things like sample libraries of real instruments and such?

Everything has it's place. I just tend not to use romplers very much. And they take up so much space on my 500gb HD :lol:

-millennial

• Information