A-list drummer lags?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
uselessdetails

02 Jan 2020

I've finally gotten around to playing with my a-list drummer and I think he's ok. Not great. Great would look at nearby tracks and figure out when to fill and lead-in on his own. But he's ok. Except...

He seems to lag. I wish I could advance his track. Drummer should lead, not follow. Is there any easy way to do that? Or do I need to render him out to audio, and load the audio back in as a separate track in order to nudge him forward?

challism

03 Jan 2020

Sounds like you might have a female drummer.

Another solution might be to delay all the other tracks (nudge them back a few ticks). I think bouncing the drum track and nudging it forward is probably the easiest solution. I have A-list Studio drummer and I haven't noticed a lag. Which one are you using?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

uselessdetails

03 Jan 2020

Classic double drums on classic drummer.

Maybe "lagging" is the wrong word. The whole piece feels sluggish and I suspect it's because I'm accustomed to hearing drums a bit advanced.

You're absolutely right. I could delay everything else. I'll try that shortly.

challism

03 Jan 2020

An easy (ish) way to delay tracks is by using the delay on the back of the Mix Channel.
delay.PNG
delay.PNG (654.41 KiB) Viewed 234 times
But I prefer to use the DDL-1 method, in MS mode without any feedback and 100% wet. Use two of them for a stereo track. I find it easier to dial in the perfect delay with the Combi knob.

Here's an effect combi... just wire your instrument's output to the Combi's input.
delay slider.zip
(571 Bytes) Downloaded 38 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information