Re of the Year

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Gardinski

27 Dec 2019

I love Robotic Bean's 'Sequences' and TonicMint's 'Chordline'.

Both are great songwriting tools. 'Sequences' makes it a breeze to lay down ideas in an instant without fiddling around in the main sequencing window. Whilst it's true that you can achieve the same results by more prosaic methods, it's the sheer speed and ease-of-use which appeals to me. In the heat of creation, it helps to get ideas down as swiftly as possible, before they evaporate. The longer you faff about with the software, the more watered-down the results become, (in my experience).

'Chordline' opens up tremendous opportunities to experiment with exotic modes. It's great for stumbling across weird ideas that wouldn't have occurred to you under ordinary circumstances. (It's also a great educational tool. I feel like I'm expanding my understanding of modes every time I use it.)

Gardinski

27 Dec 2019

'Delta' definitely deserves an honourable mention too. I just haven't got around to spending as much time with it as I'd hoped, due to a hectic schedule over the past few months... but the potential it offers is obviously immense, and I'm looking forward to delving deeper into it when I have more time.

Catblack

27 Dec 2019

The Animus gets my vote. All the way. It ends up giving a sheen to a lot of the things I'm doing these days, even if I have to bounce it down and work with a prerender.

Delta is nice, essential even. (Delta should probably come bundled with Reason.) But The Animus is like 100 guitar pedals rolled into one. The value you get with Jiggery-Pokery Sound is amazing. (Chenille, Steerpike/Titus and even Villanelle are best in class.)
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Gardinski

27 Dec 2019

Catblack wrote:
27 Dec 2019
The Animus gets my vote. All the way. It ends up giving a sheen to a lot of the things I'm doing these days, even if I have to bounce it down and work with a prerender.

Delta is nice, essential even. (Delta should probably come bundled with Reason.) But The Animus is like 100 guitar pedals rolled into one. The value you get with Jiggery-Pokery Sound is amazing. (Chenille, Steerpike/Titus and even Villanelle are best in class.)
Animus is indeed a beauty! I'd forgotten that it was this year. (It seems longer than that since it was released.)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2019

Gardinski wrote:
27 Dec 2019
Catblack wrote:
27 Dec 2019

Animus is indeed a beauty! I'd forgotten that it was this year. (It seems longer than that since it was released.)
Yep!!! Animus. One of the best. By the way...guitar pedal? You need to check out Echobode. Also 100 pedals in one.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

27 Dec 2019

Someone could make a list and create a poll.

Jackjackdaw

27 Dec 2019

Catblack wrote:
27 Dec 2019
Delta is nice, essential even. (Delta should probably come bundled with Reason.)
It would be a prime candidate for a RS version of it in partnership with Static Cling. Like they have done branded devices with other 3rd party devs. Trouble is you only ever see a version 1.0 with RS. Third party devs tend to support their products. That's what swayed me toward Sequences over Polystep.

Socram
RE Developer

02 Jan 2020

I hope this isn't weird to say but so grateful for all the love Delta is getting in here, really made my day coming across it just now.

More updates to Delta (very soon in fact) and new devices coming in 2020! :)
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

BRIGGS

02 Jan 2020

Too hard to decide.. complex-1 or polystep.
motuscott wrote:
27 Dec 2019
Another vote for anyone but Trump
Donald Duck 2020!!! :lol:

r11s

Proboscis

03 Jan 2020

Although it's beyond my comprehension to use in a meaningful way, I would also say Delta MIDI Computer is the best RE of 2019. I trialed it and was seriously blown away by what Static Cling has done with this plugin.

This developer has been a great innovator for the format, first with Tome & Index when there was nothing like that in the RE store when he/she released them, and then the simple but brilliant Optic, which seems to not get as much forum attention as it deserves, and now Delta.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Jan 2020

Delta and sequences both deserve the spot. Poly step and complex 1 are also strong contenders.

Delta allows me to easily get midi weirdness under control in ways no other player can, and has been updated with new functionality shortly after release; nice touch. Keep them coming!

Sequences just makes life easier when working in Reason. And when working with the rack plugin as well. It's also been updated with added functionality.

Hard to pick one.

Faastwalker

03 Jan 2020

Was Complex-1 this year?! I can't even remember!! :-/ But if it was this gets my vote.

But Delta is a strong candidate for second. Actually I can't think of any other RE's from last year that stood out.

Catblack

03 Jan 2020

I just checked the forum here and it looks like The Animus was released in 2018 (but updated in 2019) so totally my bad.

Delta it has to be for the year. Though I haven't used it very much after I got it. (Delta really needs a community refill!)
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

retreed
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2020

I'd say what Delta does as a player, Forgotten Waveshaper 2 does as a Saturation/Distortion plugin. Both were very great additions to the rack with (almost) endless possibilities to tinker. :thumbs_up:

Loque

03 Jan 2020

retreed wrote:
03 Jan 2020
Forgotten Waveshaper 2 does as a Saturation/Distortion plugin.
Agree. This was a bit quite around this device, but it is a really great Multiband Waveshaping/EQ/Filter/Compressor with dynamic control. Maybe it's big set of features is too much hidden behind a black interface :lol: Defenetly a candidate for the RE of the year.
Reason12, Win10

Ottostrom

04 Jan 2020

Loque wrote:
03 Jan 2020
retreed wrote:
03 Jan 2020
Forgotten Waveshaper 2 does as a Saturation/Distortion plugin.
Agree. This was a bit quite around this device, but it is a really great Multiband Waveshaping/EQ/Filter/Compressor with dynamic control. Maybe it's big set of features is too much hidden behind a black interface :lol: Defenetly a candidate for the RE of the year.
I had completely missed this one! Just checked out some of the videos and it looks like a super useful and flexible device :)
At the top of my wishlist together with Sequences

r2101

04 Jan 2020

for me it is a draw between delta and the blamco eq/filter pack :)

and yay...1st post after reading for years

ltbrunt00

04 Jan 2020

I know I know I vote for the legend. I love this device.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

BradfordMoeller

06 Jan 2020

Turn2on Cronus or Custom Vibe. As someone who is a chorus snob and recovering pedal junkie, it's of high value when a clean, musical modulation effect RE comes out. I find both to be the best in class when compared to all the many competing RE's I've used, and I've tried them all!
:reason:)))

Reasonable man

08 Jan 2020

orthodox wrote:
27 Dec 2019
I prob should have done that but i guess its a combo of me being lazy and not bothering to find out exactly what re's were released only in 2019 only and the fact that i didn't wnat it to be a kinda competiton thing . I also pay no attention to polls myself!

I reached for a Re (for the first time) i had completley fogotten i'd bought yesterday . Retoch control's 'Morpher' . I feel its almost one of a kind in reason in that you can almost morph between two different patches (not quite) and arrive at a sound that you cant even program on your own. I guess the downside is time ..in that you have to be well aquaintd with the synth , its parameters, and its mod matrix to really capitalize on this re's unique functionality.
I think i've decided that its worth the effort timewise for the possible unique results from a sound designing perspective..grain synth being an obvious target. I'ts a close runner up to sequences for me although i have to try spend more time on Delta which is a big hit on this thread!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
08 Jan 2020
orthodox wrote:
27 Dec 2019
I prob should have done that but i guess its a combo of me being lazy and not bothering to find out exactly what re's were released only in 2019 only and the fact that i didn't wnat it to be a kinda competiton thing . I also pay no attention to polls myself!

I reached for a Re (for the first time) i had completley fogotten i'd bought yesterday . Retoch control's 'Morpher' . I feel its almost one of a kind in reason in that you can almost morph between two different patches (not quite) and arrive at a sound that you cant even program on your own. I guess the downside is time ..in that you have to be well aquaintd with the synth , its parameters, and its mod matrix to really capitalize on this re's unique functionality.
I think i've decided that its worth the effort timewise for the possible unique results from a sound designing perspective..grain synth being an obvious target. I'ts a close runner up to sequences for me although i have to try spend more time on Delta which is a big hit on this thread!
I got a load of retouch controls stuff as I thought they were pretty cool at the time then about two weeks later some other REs came out which just blew them out of the water. I was in the brink of getting the morpher but opted to go for the Zvork one instead.

Earlier today I dug out Uhbik-G which I totally forgot about. Backwards guitar? You betcha! :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reasonable man

08 Jan 2020

MrFigg wrote:
08 Jan 2020
Reasonable man wrote:
08 Jan 2020

I got a load of retouch controls stuff as I thought they were pretty cool at the time then about two weeks later some other REs came out which just blew them out of the water. I was in the brink of getting the morpher but opted to go for the Zvork one instead.

Earlier today I dug out Uhbik-G which I totally forgot about. Backwards guitar? You betcha! :)
Ha ha . Don't have Uhbik - g myself so i'll take your word for it. I see the bundle is £150 in the shop which is kinda extravagent for me. I have Uhbik -A only which is imo possibly the best 'glueing' reverb in the shop . Cyrystal clear and a must on the old drum bus .

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
08 Jan 2020
MrFigg wrote:
08 Jan 2020

Ha ha . Don't have Uhbik - g myself so i'll take your word for it. I see the bundle is £150 in the shop which is kinda extravagent for me. I have Uhbik -A only which is imo possibly the best 'glueing' reverb in the shop . Cyrystal clear and a must on the old drum bus .
Yeah. It’s the VST bundle which is in the shop. I’ve got both the REs and the VSTs. The VST are getting a revamp at the moment. I actually dug out Uhbik-A last week :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

08 Jan 2020

My vote goes for RB Sequences too

Brosefski

09 Jan 2020

motuscott wrote:
27 Dec 2019
Another vote for anyone but Trump
I second this! :lol:
:reason: :recycle: :re:

• Information