Synapse Audio's next synth might skip RE format

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Jmax

28 Dec 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
28 Dec 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Dec 2019
Would be really nice if they made it a RE. Considering how much I love Synapse stuff I'd most likely buy the RE if they made it. But if it's only VST then I'll skip. I just really dislike all the floating windows and also I hate to create extra accounts for different companies.
yep, same here. exactly this.
Not me, I'll absolutely be buying it from Synapse. The quality of their products is just superb. I already have an account with them and their costumer service is fantastic.

zoidkirb

28 Dec 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Dec 2019
I dont think RE is a dead format. It's like Ableton has M4L plugins, Halion has third party content etc. No one is expecting people to solely use those products but you can if you want.
I always think of this comparison too. No one thinks m4l is dying in particular. Both formats are for niche/power users and aren't necessarily going to be everyone's cup of tea.

chaosroyale

29 Dec 2019

That's a good way to think of it. M4L is kind of the "hardcore reason hobbyist" market (but much bigger, and it looks like Live is here to stay as a DAW, so I think you can be more confident with M4L devices that you will still be using them in years to come). I was mostly addressing the people who think that major VST makers will also release devices as RE. That ain't gonna happen.
zoidkirb wrote:
28 Dec 2019
Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Dec 2019
I dont think RE is a dead format. It's like Ableton has M4L plugins, Halion has third party content etc. No one is expecting people to solely use those products but you can if you want.
I always think of this comparison too. No one thinks m4l is dying in particular. Both formats are for niche/power users and aren't necessarily going to be everyone's cup of tea.

dannyF

29 Dec 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Dec 2019
I hope you aren't suggesting that RE is a 'dead product' because I would then have to suggest that English was not your first language.

chaosroyale

29 Dec 2019

I was the one who suggested that RE's were "dead". I stand by that, as far as major developers and wide-release devices go. For CV stuff and Reason-only tinkering they still can do some cool things, but you'd be crazy to choose the RE version of a synth or effect if there is also a VST version (unless you very specifically need to be able to see it in the rack more than you need future updates, advanced features, and the ability to use in any other DAW without Reason).
dannyF wrote:
29 Dec 2019
Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Dec 2019
I hope you aren't suggesting that RE is a 'dead product' because I would then have to suggest that English was not your first language.

Jackjackdaw

29 Dec 2019

dannyF wrote:
29 Dec 2019
Jackjackdaw wrote:
28 Dec 2019
What if it isn't? Kind of rude comment. And a misquote. Aaaand after I took time to answer your question about Arturia gear. Some people! 🙄

dannyF

29 Dec 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
29 Dec 2019
dannyF wrote:
29 Dec 2019

What if it isn't? Kind of rude comment. And a misquote. Aaaand after I took time to answer your question about Arturia gear. Some people! 🙄
Sorry man. It was an homage to EnochLight. Nothing personal.

jlgrimes

02 Jan 2020

miscend wrote:
22 Dec 2019
I recently did the cross grade to the Legend VST. It's free if you have the RE. The RE version has fallen well behind even though it was the lead platform at some point. The VST now supports 8 voices of polyphony and has a mod matrix on the rear. I also appreciate the larger GUI when working longer sessions. The RE format really needs AVX, larger graphics and other quality of life improvements.
How does this work?

miscend

02 Jan 2020

jlgrimes wrote:
02 Jan 2020
miscend wrote:
22 Dec 2019
I recently did the cross grade to the Legend VST. It's free if you have the RE. The RE version has fallen well behind even though it was the lead platform at some point. The VST now supports 8 voices of polyphony and has a mod matrix on the rear. I also appreciate the larger GUI when working longer sessions. The RE format really needs AVX, larger graphics and other quality of life improvements.
How does this work?
Just send a message to their service email.
https://www.synapse-audio.com/contactus.html

VIVIsect

02 Jan 2020

miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2020
Thanks for this. I have the RE and had no idea about the cross grade. Emailed them today with a screenshot of my receipt and less than an hour later they sent me a serial for the VST. Good stuff.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Jan 2020

miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2020
jlgrimes wrote:
02 Jan 2020

How does this work?
Does it count if you got it with the bundle?

dezma

03 Jan 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Jan 2020
miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2020

Yes, just drop an email, you'll get an email back with the code for VST. Just did this last week.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Jan 2020

dezma wrote:
03 Jan 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Jan 2020

Yes, just drop an email, you'll get an email back with the code for VST. Just did this last week.
Thank you!

jlgrimes

04 Jan 2020

miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2020
jlgrimes wrote:
02 Jan 2020

How does this work?
Thanks for the tip!

I am enjoying the VST.

Didn't really use the RE a whole lot as I gravitated towards other synths in Reason.

• Information