Have Softube raised the price of FET?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EdGrip

29 May 2021

It'll be to make their sales prices look good by comparison, though even then they'll be too expensive.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 May 2021

epoch wrote:
29 May 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 May 2021
I see Tube-Tech is up to €499. Totally worth it :lol:
Feels like they're just raising the price further all the time. What was the initial price for it?
Bloody hell! I'm glad I got it when it was £349 - and I thought that was pushing it; had to save for months. Can't believe it's up to £449 now.
Just curius. Do you find it's been worth the price you paid?
I remember trialing it a long time ago. Admittedly I'm not sure I had enough knowledge to get the most out of it. But at the time I found nothing particularly special about it, which was a relief.

epoch

29 May 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 May 2021
epoch wrote:
29 May 2021

Bloody hell! I'm glad I got it when it was £349 - and I thought that was pushing it; had to save for months. Can't believe it's up to £449 now.
Just curius. Do you find it's been worth the price you paid?
I remember trialing it a long time ago. Admittedly I'm not sure I had enough knowledge to get the most out of it. But at the time I found nothing particularly special about it, which was a relief.
It does sound excellent, especially on acoustic recordings of real instruments and on vocals. It's great on the master bus too. I'd find it hard to classify it as an essential RE, as there's other ways of achieving similar-ish results. However, it's a very nice addition to the rack and one that I wouldn't want to be without now... just glad I don't have to buy it at this new price. I'd say £299 would be a fair price for it personally...

• Information