Note Filter / Alter question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
graeme75

13 Dec 2019

I have the Loopcracker 2 suite (which I love ) and have a quick question

I have an umpf and drum sequencer with all 8 slots filled in Umpf and a pattern for each slot

What I would like to is to be able to run the kick and snare (C1 and C#1) through a note filter and/or alter and then have the other 6 lanes (top loop) through another note filter and/or alter.

What I want is to be able to do switch to one of the 3 states on the fly

1. All 8 lanes come through unaltered
2. 1st 2 lanes come through only and option to alter them
3. Last 6 lanes come through only and option to alter them
If anyone knows how I would achieve this it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Graeme

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

13 Dec 2019

graeme75 wrote:
13 Dec 2019
I have the Loopcracker 2 suite (which I love ) and have a quick question

I have an umpf and drum sequencer with all 8 slots filled in Umpf and a pattern for each slot

What I would like to is to be able to run the kick and snare (C1 and C#1) through a note filter and/or alter and then have the other 6 lanes (top loop) through another note filter and/or alter.

What I want is to be able to do switch to one of the 3 states on the fly

1. All 8 lanes come through unaltered
2. 1st 2 lanes come through only and option to alter them
3. Last 6 lanes come through only and option to alter them
If anyone knows how I would achieve this it would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Graeme
Hi Graeme,

Sorry, I'm just getting to this now, been doing a listening test of BitSpeek vs DLD's ST-1 all morning :) There's another thread about that somewhere.

Anyway, what you need is two versions of the DrumSeq/Umpf/Alter/Filter chains, and then you need to use a splitter such as CVPT or MIDI-CV Converter to send them down the different paths. n.b. I don't know if CVPT would work for switching on the fly, but it's both free and useful anyway so give it a try; MIDI-CV Converter definitely will work but it costs, although it's on sale right now for less than a tenner.

Hope this helps,
Brian

graeme75

13 Dec 2019

Hi Brian

I have both CVPT and MIDI CV converter but not sure how to route these

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 Dec 2019

Hi Graeme,

apologies again for the delay. Family life n'all that.

This is a framework of the split using MIDI-CV. I have only dealt with the splitting here, and set up the Combi; as specified the split is at the point between 1-2 and 3-8. The rest is really an art thing for you, so it's up to you where you take it from here.

What you want to do from here is basically add whatever further players you want to use and then program the switches in the Combi - this might require a bit of thought, because it depends on what trick you want to pull off.

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,
Brian
Attachments
Basic Split Framework.zip
(306.18 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

graeme75

14 Dec 2019

Cheers Brian. I’ll try that and let you know how it goes.
Thanks again

• Information