No simple 8 knob bipolar CV utility?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Luxuria

04 Dec 2019

I'm looking for a simple 8 knob bipolar CV utility.

Very similar to Aftermath Audio's CV8X4 CV Generator in appearance but the knobs have to be bipolar. Hamu's CV Control Board is the only other tool I can find but it is overkill and too big in size for me.

I'd use the combi rotors but I need more than 4.

Any ideas? Please no tedious workarounds.

I'd consider applying for dev tools if no tool exists but would I be able to create personal tools for myself without having to set up a company where a (TIN-Number, Company registration number, EUVAT-Number) are required hoops I'd have to jump through to get started? I'm happy on V8.3 so would I be able to design using SDK 2.0 or does RS require me to only use the newest SDK in which I'd be shit out of luck?

I know it's a lot of effort for a simple CV tool but it's kind of sad that there isn't one already with how modular Reason is.

Despondo
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2019

Only 4 knobs, but you could use two stacked.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ser-knobs/

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

04 Dec 2019

Luxuria wrote:
04 Dec 2019
I'd consider applying for dev tools if no tool exists but would I be able to create personal tools for myself without having to set up a company where a (TIN-Number, Company registration number, EUVAT-Number) are required hoops I'd have to jump through to get started?
I'm happy on V8.3 so would I be able to design using SDK 2.0 or does RS require me to only use the newest SDK in which I'd be shit out of luck?
Afaik, this is possible. You'll need to contact the Developer Support for full details on this.

outdatedstandard

05 Dec 2019

Last edited by outdatedstandard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

rmtcvolte

05 Dec 2019

Zvork Volt SL-1 has 24 bipolar knobs and is not as big as Hamus Control.

Luxuria

05 Dec 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
    04 Dec 2019
    Luxuria wrote:
    04 Dec 2019
    I'd consider applying for dev tools if no tool exists but would I be able to create personal tools for myself without having to set up a company where a (TIN-Number, Company registration number, EUVAT-Number) are required hoops I'd have to jump through to get started?
    I'm happy on V8.3 so would I be able to design using SDK 2.0 or does RS require me to only use the newest SDK in which I'd be shit out of luck?
    Afaik, this is possible. You'll need to contact the Developer Support for full details on this.
    No not Arcus. Too much going on, not simple enough.

Volt SL-1! I forgot about that device nor did it show up in the CV search category. I might check this out actually.

I'm figuring out the best methods to personalized my production process. If I can achieve building a few utility tools and configure a codec for my MIDI controller to map parameters natively I'd be a happy camper.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Joerg

05 Dec 2019

• Information