Enlightenspeed's Loopcracker 2 is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
Enlightenspeed
Posts: 290
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 28 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
27 Nov 2019
Despondo wrote:
26 Nov 2019
I found an error on the shop page...Can I get it for free? ;-)
I'd say you already got the error for free. :P
Ba-dum-dum-tsssschhhh!!! :puf_bigsmile:

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
Posts: 290
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 28 Nov 2019

Hey folks,

Just a quick FYI, we now have all the manuals up, the Shop bundle page is now as it should be, and the first bug fix releases are available! We'll stick what will hopefully be the final version up soon.

Enjoy,
Brian

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 500
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 28 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
27 Nov 2019
I'd say you already got the error for free. :P
LOL! :lol:

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
Posts: 290
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 28 Nov 2019

Despondo wrote:
28 Nov 2019
challism wrote:
27 Nov 2019
I'd say you already got the error for free. :P
LOL! :lol:
As there is still clearly a heavy demand for licenses which don't have to be paid for using real money... :mrgreen:

I'm wondering about getting some sort of competition going, but I'm not really that sure how to go about it. I wanted something different, like possibly a GUI design contest or something like that. If you have any winner ideas for a good competition then I'd probably give out a freebie for that alone :)

Cheers,
Brian

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1553
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2019

A song competition using the Enlightenspeed Players, demonstrating the features. Best demonstration of features or most creative use of features wins. Maybe even a limited 8-12 bar loop, so people don't have to feel the need to undertake the writing of an entire song.

You could also have a video contest to demonstrate the features. Then you can use the videos to help promote your products, ie on the shop page.

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
Posts: 290
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 29 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
29 Nov 2019
A song competition using the Enlightenspeed Players, demonstrating the features. Best demonstration of features or most creative use of features wins. Maybe even a limited 8-12 bar loop, so people don't have to feel the need to undertake the writing of an entire song.
Ok, so competition idea 1 - have a song competition.

This is my last resort as so many other people have done it. There's also the problem that it's quite late in the day to do it, because a lot of people will have used trials of the various bundle bits over the period since they were first introduced in May.

We'll keep it in mind for now :)

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
Posts: 290
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 29 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
29 Nov 2019
challism wrote:
29 Nov 2019
A song competition using the Enlightenspeed Players, demonstrating the features. Best demonstration of features or most creative use of features wins. Maybe even a limited 8-12 bar loop, so people don't have to feel the need to undertake the writing of an entire song.
Ok, so competition idea 1 - have a song competition.

This is my last resort as so many other people have done it. There's also the problem that it's quite late in the day to do it, because a lot of people will have used trials of the various bundle bits over the period since they were first introduced in May.

We'll keep it in mind for now :)
I'll come back to these as the day goes on btw. I'm busy today, funnily enough :)

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
Posts: 290
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 29 Nov 2019

Folks,

Something else that I want opinions/yays/nays on before I start working on it.

It has come to my attention that when using Note Alter, there is a heck of a lot of scope for wanting the Note Range and Velocity Range to have their own Probability knobs. Originally, the Note Range was designed to be either a low percentage probability of altering, or in sporadic high probability bursts - velocities were the same, as the original intention was more for messing with velocity crossfaded devices or clever velocity modulated patches in the NN-XT etc.

The introduction of Note Humanizer has added a lot of impetus to the drum capabilities, in fact, with Humanizer, Alter and Filter you get a heck of a lot of creative realtime power added in - I feel very proud when I hear my own results :) Taking this argument forward though, with Note Alter you now get the best results with a reasonably high static value for the Velocity Range. This is, of course, quite incompatible with having the Note Range switched on in the same device; it just goes crazy, and if used on drums like this is quite unintelligible.

The main arguments against are to do with backwards compatibility - if people have set up their Combi's with singular controls for the Alter/Filter probabilities etc (I've got this set-up in quite a few places now).

So my question is simple once the above bit is taken into consideration:

Who wants an extra Probability knob added just for the Velocity Range?

Your thoughts?

Cheers,
Brian

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 6290
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 29 Nov 2019

Sounds reasonable to uncouple note and velocity, especially with drums.

For compatibility a backside switch could be the solution, like move the "old" one to the back, which can also be automated and saved in the patch and two new ones.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
PinkSlime
Posts: 36
Joined: 24 Feb 2015

Post 29 Nov 2019

I would agree, because it opens up to more fine tuning

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
Posts: 290
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 29 Nov 2019

Righties,

Competition idea number 2.

This is kind of a weird one, and debatable as to how much of a competition it is as opposed to a community venture.

I like the idea of having a patch bank for the Loopcracker Suite, downloadable as a free refill that showcases not only the Loopcracker Suite, but also the entirety of the Reason Suite collection. For me, and I'm sure for many others, it was the case that I wanted the Suite upgrade to include lots of world-class patches, but we only got the individual device patches, not what the devices can do once patched up in multiple layer Combi's, CV'd to each other etc.

So how about the possibility of a dual project where we use something like GitHub, and build a HUUUUUUUUGE soundbank, The Enlightenspeed stuff in one folder and the general/Suite in another? I like the idea of patches being developed and improved a bit over time in order to get something really special going.

Consider this a bare-bones thing for now, but how does the idea strike with people? Is there a GitHub or similar collaboration going on already? I've been locked in a cupboard coding for a long while now, so I'm not actually sure what is going on :D

Cheers,
Brian

User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 500
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 29 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Despondo wrote:
28 Nov 2019


LOL! :lol:
As there is still clearly a heavy demand for licenses which don't have to be paid for using real money... :mrgreen:

I'm wondering about getting some sort of competition going, but I'm not really that sure how to go about it. I wanted something different, like possibly a GUI design contest or something like that. If you have any winner ideas for a good competition then I'd probably give out a freebie for that alone :)

Cheers,
Brian
Actually, I already own these devices. Just was pointing out the error, but that's been covered. Generous of you to offer up a competition though! :-)

User avatar
Enlightenspeed
Posts: 290
Joined: 03 Jan 2019

Post 29 Nov 2019

Despondo wrote:
29 Nov 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
28 Nov 2019


As there is still clearly a heavy demand for licenses which don't have to be paid for using real money... :mrgreen:

I'm wondering about getting some sort of competition going, but I'm not really that sure how to go about it. I wanted something different, like possibly a GUI design contest or something like that. If you have any winner ideas for a good competition then I'd probably give out a freebie for that alone :)

Cheers,
Brian
Actually, I already own these devices. Just was pointing out the error, but that's been covered. Generous of you to offer up a competition though! :-)
Sweet,

...and on that note. Competition idea 3 - As suggested by Challism - A video tutorial competition.
and competition idea 4 - My earlier one - have a GUI design competition for Chordbank. I can't guarantee that it would get used, of course, but I'm looking for hints more than anything else.

If folks can respond in some sort of way as to what sort of competition they fancy doing then I can investigate setting it up :D


cheers,
Brian

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests