Beta testers for a compressor RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
orthodox

Post 31 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
31 Oct 2019
Windows 10
Can you please look at the Application logs in the Event Viewer to see why it crashed?
AFAICT, there should be a line there of the type "Application Error", at the time that the crash occured, like this:

Here is how to run Event Viewer on Win10: https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magaz ... indows-10/
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

MrFigg

Post 31 Oct 2019

orthodox wrote:
31 Oct 2019
MrFigg wrote:
31 Oct 2019
Windows 10
Can you please look at the Application logs in the Event Viewer to see why it crashed?
AFAICT, there should be a line there of the type "Application Error", at the time that the crash occured, like this:

Here is how to run Event Viewer on Win10: https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magaz ... indows-10/
PMed

orthodox

Post 31 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
31 Oct 2019
PMed
Thanks a lot!
Now I know at least where to dig.

A new version is available, 1.0.0d5:
- fixed a stupid typo leading to wrong buffer size allocation
- changed scope display range limits, they were too wide
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise. -- L.Carroll

orthodox

Post 01 Nov 2019

Is it doing well or still crashing?

Bes

Post 01 Nov 2019

i have been following along with the thread, and have updated to 1.0.0d5 and can confirm that i have not had a crash since my first three on day 1. i have been testing a few different things such as the follower cv out and parameter automation and have not found any problems worth reporting

- bes

orthodox

Post 02 Nov 2019

Bes wrote:
01 Nov 2019
i have not had a crash since my first three on day 1
That's reassuring, thank you.

Updated the manual in the first post, added audio & cv connections description.

orthodox

Post 03 Nov 2019

Okay, the testing seems to be over now. I'm gonna try to deploy it tomorrow.

Thanks to all who participated. I would never find that crash myself, because it's never occurred on me.

MrFigg

Post 03 Nov 2019

orthodox wrote:
03 Nov 2019
Okay, the testing seems to be over now. I'm gonna try to deploy it tomorrow.

Thanks to all who participated. I would never find that crash myself, because it's never occurred on me.
Good. So you know what caused it now? And how to fix it of course.

orthodox

Post 03 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Nov 2019
Good. So you know what caused it now? And how to fix it of course.
I'm almost sure it's fixed since "d5". At least I found a bug that would definitely cause crashes of that sort.

Bes

Post 03 Nov 2019

it's a nice tool, good luck with your release and future rack extensions

diminished

Post 03 Nov 2019

Bes wrote:
03 Nov 2019
it's a nice tool, good luck with your release and future rack extensions
:thumbs_up:
:reason: Most recent track: The Test (feat. MrFigg) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

orthodox

Post 04 Nov 2019

Please unstick the thread ^^

WongoTheSane

Post 05 Nov 2019

orthodox wrote:
04 Nov 2019
Please unstick the thread ^^
Done. Good luck!

• Information