some owned rack extensions keep asking to sign in online as if they were trials

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
PhillipOrdonez

26 Oct 2019

How can one stop such annoyance without clicking the dreaded sync all button?

This has happened after updating a rack extension (hi, sequences) and after downloading another for the first time (hey there scenic)

Downloading the rack extension again did not solve it for me (sequences, not going to spend an entire day downloading scenic again with my current third world country internet)

xboix

26 Oct 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Oct 2019

This has happened after updating a rack extension (hi, sequences) and after downloading another for the first time (hey there scenic)

Downloading the rack extension again did not solve it for me (sequences, not going to spend an entire day downloading scenic again with my current third world country internet)
It sounds like the authoriser is not writing the licences. Find each device in the shop and press "download" there. For some reason that seems to work better than downloading them individually from the "my account" section.

If that does not work then, yes, you may have to go for Sync All.

EdGrip

27 Oct 2019

I get this from time to time. It seems to go away of its own accord after a while.

MannequinRaces

27 Oct 2019

If you’re doing any testing for developers and have trial licenses you’ll have to use internet verification every single time.

PhillipOrdonez

27 Oct 2019

xboix wrote:
26 Oct 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Oct 2019

It sounds like the authoriser is not writing the licences. Find each device in the shop and press "download" there. For some reason that seems to work better than downloading them individually from the "my account" section.

If that does not work then, yes, you may have to go for Sync All.
That fixed it! Thank you! 🤗

kuhliloach

27 Oct 2019

Why is the Sync All button dreaded? I find it the most useful feature in Reason's history possibly more useful than Reason itself.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
27 Oct 2019
Why is the Sync All button dreaded? I find it the most useful feature in Reason's history possibly more useful than Reason itself.
Yeah. Absolutely. It would be an incredibly useful feature if you could select or deselect which REs get downloaded and installed on a Sync. As it stands Sync All does just that. Syncs All. So if you have REs in your account which you really don’t want (and many of us a quite a few) then you have to download them ALL and then delete them again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dhruan

28 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Oct 2019
Yeah. Absolutely. It would be an incredibly useful feature if you could select or deselect which REs get downloaded and installed on a Sync. As it stands Sync All does just that. Syncs All. So if you have REs in your account which you really don’t want (and many of us a quite a few) then you have to download them ALL and then delete them again.
+1 :thumbs_up:
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

kuhliloach

30 Oct 2019

I knew it! You have Rack Extensions you don't want installed. That's not something I've ever experienced.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
30 Oct 2019
I knew it! You have Rack Extensions you don't want installed. That's not something I've ever experienced.
Is that directed at me?
Yeah...I’ve got two.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

xboix

30 Oct 2019

I've got dozens of REs I don't have any particular use for. Whenever a free one turns up I add it to the account just in case I find a use for it in the future. Hamu's collection is a case in point. There may come a time when I get inspired by all things CV but this is not that time. In the meantime I prefer not to have those REs on my PC or in my list of REs so Sync All is a last resort. It does not take too long to delete the unwanted ones but it is time I could spend doing something else.

kuhliloach

31 Oct 2019

Clearly there needs to be an option within Authorizer to select and deselect RE's you want installed.

RoryM0

31 Oct 2019

I posted this earlier in a thread in General about OP's issue. I've had same issue since yesterday. I updated MagmaSonic Classic Filter and the 'writing licences...' message just stays displayed indefinitely. Cannot open Reason now without clicking the online authorisation button each time! Authorizer Ver 2.9.5d1 Build 353, Windows 8.1 64bit, Reason 10.4d4 Build 9878. Have contacted support.

xboix

31 Oct 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
31 Oct 2019
Clearly there needs to be an option within Authorizer to select and deselect RE's you want installed.
I don't think anyone would argue with that. :thumbs_up:

Strange how we are getting a few people with the authorizer problems now. I wonder if it is a bug that was introduced with the 11.0.1 release. I'm certainly not going to unauthorize my stuff to test it though...

• Information