Predator bug? Bugging me in any case. (FIXED)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

In a song I'm working on I recorded an 8 bar loop using a hi-hat from Predator. I exported the song to wav but when I listened to it the first bar was not the hi-hat but another drum of some kind. I reopened the song...everything as it should be but when the loop gets to bar 8 and starts again the new drum is there for the first bar. I tried saving under a different name but same thing. Sometimes it works sometimes not but every time I export the new drum is there.
Also, now when I click on the folder on Predator to browse the patches I'm taken to Desktop in the browser. All other instruments take me to their respective patches.
I tried browsing to the Predator folder in the Browser then saving again but that doesn't work either.
Anybody know what's going on?

Edit: Just checked and both the Predators I've got in the song take me the Desktop when I click to browse the patches. All other instruments work fine.

Edit2: Right I fixed the browser problem by replacing the Predators with new ones. That stupid drum is still there though. Only sometimes though but always when I export to audio.

Edit3: Now it’s happening EVERY time I open the song. The first bar plays with the new drum then when it loops round everything is as it should be. I’ve sent the file to a friend (Diminished) for confirmation so we’ll see. Totally weird.
Last edited by MrFigg on 27 Oct 2019, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

25 Oct 2019

VST?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Oct 2019
VST?
RE
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

This is getting even stranger!!!!!!! I cut out the first bar of hi-hats but now when the hi-hats start at bar 2 it's the new drum for a bar again!!! When it loops around everything is fine again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

Weird...confirmed.
Ticket opened with Propellerheads.
Reason File sent to Rob Papen.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2019

It’s in the hands of RP. They’ve checked out the song file I sent them, confirmed what I said and they think it’s weird too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2019

Did you change Predator patch to see if it is that patch only? If so try to turn off Predator FX and arp/seq to see if that changes stuff.
Put Player on top of Predator and check incoming midi too.
Is this R11 or 10.4?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2019

Boombastix wrote:
26 Oct 2019
Did you change Predator patch to see if it is that patch only? If so try to turn off Predator FX and arp/seq to see if that changes stuff.
Put Player on top of Predator and check incoming midi too.
Is this R11 or 10.4?
Now it gets weirder.
When I first open the song:-

Firstly...when Predator is selected and I play notes on my midi keyboard there is a weird delay on all the notes and it's another sort of hi-hat. After I play for a bit then all the notes from F2 and up play as a hi-hat but all the note lower than F2 are the weird drum.

Also:

1.I select any other instrument (say sub-boom) in the sequencer it plays as normal. Then I select another instrument in the sequencer, return to the rack and give sub-boom priority in the rack using the "blue arrow" to the left of the device, priority switches back to sub-boom in the sequencer and it plays as normal.

2.When I select the Predator in the Sequencer it plays as normal (no weird drum). Then I select another instrument in the sequencer, return to the rack and give Predator priority in the rack using the "blue arrow" to the left of the device, priority Do back to Predator in the sequencer and it DOESN'T play as normal. In fact I get no sound at all. BUT..a note lane is created for Predator in the Sequencer. This doesn't happen for any of the other instruments.

I can't change the patch using the arrows in either of the Predators and clicking on the Browse Patches folder on the Predators takes me to Desktop.
All other instruments behave as they should.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2019

Fixed: Thanks RP. The Filter envelope on the patch was negative and the Tracking was high. Turned them up and down respectively and now it's fine. Don't really understand why but that's ok :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information