29th November 2019

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moneykube

22 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2019
Zvorks stuff is ridiculous cheap, if there is still someone out there, who doesn't have it...
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
saw it last night... could not resist... insta-buy... got NRS - Oberon Boost Bundle from NRS on sale and a few others., monotone... 2 europa, and NRS - Vecto Combination ... great deals all around
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2019
Zvorks stuff is ridiculous cheap, if there is still someone out there, who doesn't have it...
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
I'm trialing Oberon right now. I like it, so for $19 I think I'll buy it. What about the two Refills, do they add a bunch of new fun stuff, or is more like the usual, std bases, pads, plucks?
Curious to hear some reviews of the two Oberon Refills if anyone have them?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

VIVIsect

23 Nov 2019

I pulled the trigger on the Synapse Audio bundle yesterday. Got it mostly for The Legend but daaamn I'm surprised by how much I'm liking Antidote. Much like The Legend, it's simple to use and just sounds incredible. All of the other included effects are brilliant too. I can see DR-1 becoming my go-to reverb for ambient stuff. Super happy with the purchase. Really can't beat it for $99.

But now I'm officially broke and can't spend anymore!

Loque

23 Nov 2019

VIVIsect wrote:
23 Nov 2019
I pulled the trigger on the Synapse Audio bundle yesterday. Got it mostly for The Legend but daaamn I'm surprised by how much I'm liking Antidote. Much like The Legend, it's simple to use and just sounds incredible. All of the other included effects are brilliant too. I can see DR-1 becoming my go-to reverb for ambient stuff. Super happy with the purchase. Really can't beat it for $99.

Yea, Synapse is top quality. And for 99 bucks you get amazing stuff.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
23 Nov 2019
VIVIsect wrote:
23 Nov 2019

Yea, Synapse is top quality. And for 99 bucks you get amazing stuff.
I wish I didn’t already have all the stuff (except Legend) so I could buy it again. Best deal ever.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

VIVIsect wrote:
23 Nov 2019

yep Antidote is my favourite synth!

Yonatan

23 Nov 2019

Why the... is not Mellow on sale...when Royal and Rowdy is.
Hope more are getting added as the week goes on.

And the R11 upgrade still full price. Come on...where is the goodwill.
I can somehow understand RS don´t believe they need to put R11 upgrade to €99, because the release of 11.1 with AU plugin.
But I think they are missing out on a lot of us that are on R10. I know I probably would pull the trigger on €99 now with the update, as it is closer to Jrrshop price, but with the benefit of buying directly in ones Reason account which I would prefer.

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

Don't own Zero or Oberon.
Definitely don't need more synths but the Oberon deal looks too good to refuse?

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

Yonatan wrote:
23 Nov 2019

I can somehow understand RS don´t believe they need to put R11 upgrade to €99, because the release of 11.1 with AU plugin.
But I think they are missing out on a lot of us that are on R10. I know I probably would pull the trigger on €99 now with the update, as it is closer to Jrrshop price, but with the benefit of buying directly in ones Reason account which I would prefer.
In the past sales I have noticed things getting added later in the sale.

I'm holding out to see whats in the next major release ( R10 is my only DAW) there is nothing worth $99 in R11 for me and my workflows.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019
Yonatan wrote:
23 Nov 2019

I'm holding out to see whats in the next major release ( R10 is my only DAW) there is nothing worth $99 in R11 for me and my workflows.
Also in the past when they’ve put all the stuff in a bundle in the sale and also the bundle in sale the shop messes up all the discounts and you end up paying crazy low amounts :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019

Also in the past when they’ve put all the stuff in a bundle in the sale and also the bundle in sale the shop messes up all the discounts and you end up paying crazy low amounts :).
Yep very true its happened a few time, last time I got lucky was with the noise engineering bundle 2, although it was something id never have bought and never use so maybe RS and NE got lucky 😂😂

Yonatan

23 Nov 2019

Earlier years, after BF, comes Cyber Monday, and then it continues with December or Holiday discounts, and also not impossible that some items will be spread out or left for some other week in January.

The full licenses sale is to get more on the ship, while they probably believe that R10 users (already in the boat) will buy RE:s instead anyway (as all RE:s work for R10 as of now). So later when R10 users are almost the last ones that have´nt upgraded that would want to, we will certainly see a discount at some point. But then comes the "How far off is R12?" :)

Or if wanting to see the lack of upgrade discount in a brighter sunshine, one could imagine it is due to that RS feel safe to know they have some really good compelling point updates along the cycle. But still, €99 is not a very cheap price either so it is still a bit strange. But as mentioned before, I also want to see one or a few more updates to see if it is worth it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

Just tried out Pump. Pretty cool device.
Think I'll buy it. I mean 9 bucks. Why not?

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

:thumbs_up:
TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 Nov 2019
Just tried out Pump. Pretty cool device.
Think I'll buy it. I mean 9 bucks. Why not?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

SynthRatings

24 Nov 2019

Hi guys,
I've made a video about my top 10 recommended deals for "Rack Friday" :)

Check it out here if you're interested:
I publish ratings of VST and RE instruments on a dedicated YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SynthRatings

diminished
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2019

SynthRatings wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Hi guys,

Great and very comprehensive video!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

24 Nov 2019

SynthRatings wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Hi guys,

Great video! And damn, we have great toys to play with!
Reason12, Win10

challism

25 Nov 2019

I am completely underwhelmed by Reason Studio's RE sale prices. They only have FOUR REs on sale, and the discounts aren't nearly as big as they have been in recent years. I remember when every single Prop RE would go on sale during Black Friday. And often times for 50% off. Seems like the the rig bundles would be on sale for 50% too. I'm guessing that this decision has the new CEO's name all over it. I kind of miss the old Props, when they would offer us sweet deals on holiday sales.

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

25 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
25 Nov 2019
I am completely underwhelmed by Reason Studio's RE sale prices. They only have FOUR REs on sale, and the discounts aren't nearly as big as they have been in recent years. I remember when every single Prop RE would go on sale during Black Friday. And often times for 50% off. Seems like the the rig bundles would be on sale for 50% too. I'm guessing that this decision has the new CEO's name all over it. I kind of miss the old Props, when they would offer us sweet deals on holiday sales.

Who cares? Buying RS RE is a bad idea anyway, since they gonna be added sooner or later and are overpriced anyway.
Reason12, Win10

xboix

25 Nov 2019

I'm not very discerning. I'll buy any VST or RE as long as it is free.

zoidkirb

25 Nov 2019

This is the first sale where other daw users are potential re customers so it makes perfect sense why there isn't steep discounts. They want to test the waters to see what new users will buy before resorting to the slightly desperate 50% off.

Travelgood

25 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
25 Nov 2019

EXACTLY! I have felt this way for the past year. I used to get excited about the upcoming sales and was happy to make a number of purchases. Not any more. I still check the site just to see if they'll offer a decent deal, but I don't expect much from Reason anymore.
Cranium pharmacists work from home.

Steedus
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2019

^ wth, a new "generic" CodeMeter branded ignition key .. never seen that before. RIP the old red one.

• Information