Resonans feature request (saxophone engine?)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
scratchnsnifff

18 Oct 2019

I just saw the YouTuber Doctor mix post a video about a new physical modeling synth

It not only has a Violin engine, but a saxophone engine!!!!

Please robotic bean, please figure out how to implement a saxophone engine for resonans :):):)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

18 Oct 2019

Yea, i was hoping for more physical modelling modules too. Or maybe some kind of interaction between the modules.

I just had a look. It sounded very good. The violine module sounded great. For anybody interested, here:
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

18 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Oct 2019
Yea, i was hoping for more physical modelling modules too. Or maybe some kind of interaction between the modules.

I just had a look. It sounded very good. The violine module sounded great. For anybody interested, here:
Thanks for finding the exact video!

That violence engine is absolutely beautiful! I hope Reason implements a stock physical modeling synth

Something that can make sounds like that synth.

Seems like there’s a fair amount of folks out there that say we have enough synths, but that’s so odd to me. As propellerhead/RS is a team of synth designers. Their number one passion is synth design :)

Loque

18 Oct 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
18 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
18 Oct 2019

That violence engine is absolutely beautiful! I hope Reason implements a stock physical modeling synth

Seems like there’s a fair amount of folks out there that say we have enough synths, but that’s so odd to me. As propellerhead/RS is a team of synth designers. Their number one passion is synth design :)
they already did. just look at Europa and the Karplus Strong algorithm. This is physical modeling, even if this type is quote common atm.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

18 Oct 2019

Oh y'all aren't familiar with SWAM by Audio Modeling? I can't recommend their stuff enough. I have the strings VST bundle and all of the Roli Noise instruments of theirs.

eXode

19 Oct 2019

I want something like the the Yamaha VL synthesizers, with a similar simple front UI as the VL editor.

VL_Editor.png
VL_Editor.png (246.62 KiB) Viewed 2062 times

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2019

eXode wrote:
19 Oct 2019
I want something like the the Yamaha VL synthesizers, with a similar simple front UI as the VL editor.

VL_Editor.png
Is your avatar the knob for a new synth?

eXode

19 Oct 2019

aeox wrote:
19 Oct 2019
No, sorry. It's just a knob that I designed, inspired by vintage test gear and that I use for concept designs.

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2019

eXode wrote:
19 Oct 2019
aeox wrote:
19 Oct 2019
No, sorry. It's just a knob that I designed, inspired by vintage test gear and that I use for concept designs.
Dang :(

scratchnsnifff

19 Oct 2019

eXode wrote:
19 Oct 2019

VL_Editor.png

Hit up blamsoft (wink, nudge, cough wink) lol

scratchnsnifff

19 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Oct 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
18 Oct 2019

they already did. just look at Europa and the Karplus Strong algorithm. This is physical modeling, even if this type is quote common atm.

While this is absolutely true.
I feel like PH needs to make more use of their dynamic wavetable aspect within Europa

And yeah, I’m more so talking about a propellerhead stock device that’s similar to resonans. They could absolutely nail something like that. Taking complex synth concepts and making them user friendly is their number one strong suit

teddymcw

19 Oct 2019

joeyluck wrote:
18 Oct 2019
Oh y'all aren't familiar with SWAM by Audio Modeling? I can't recommend their stuff enough.
Whoa, this is awesome, but equally out of my price range for it's value atm, unless I get into anything professional which I'm quite far away from haha.

I've really enjoyed and gotten great use from a few of the embertone instruments tho, they're mostly very affordable

https://www.embertone.com/

Loque

20 Oct 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
19 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
18 Oct 2019

While this is absolutely true.
I feel like PH needs to make more use of their dynamic wavetable aspect within Europa

And yeah, I’m more so talking about a propellerhead stock device that’s similar to resonans. They could absolutely nail something like that. Taking complex synth concepts and making them user friendly is their number one strong suit
If they would do it, everybody would moan about the upgrade price of 250 bucks and that there were no sequencer updates 😂
Reason12, Win10

• Information