New HolyVerb from turn2on

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

15 Oct 2019

After a leak it is now official available.

Introduction price is 19 and than 35.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -delay-fx/

Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2019

Actually looks pretty cool. Would be great to hear opinions once people have tried it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

15 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Actually looks pretty cool. Would be great to hear opinions once people have tried it.
I am curious too. While i do not get the delay thing here, it is a nice addition - just wondering that there is no feedback buffer processing and just pre/post, same for the shifters (yea, modularity is king!). But hey, you get a lot of devices in one to get quite creative with a reverb.

I am also curious how good the modulations work while the reverb is active.

I speculate, that the additional reverb types that can be mixed in on top of the basic reverb are some kind of impulse responses.
Reason12, Win10

guitfnky

15 Oct 2019

I know English isn’t the dev’s first language, but man, I really wish they’d find someone to do proper demo videos of their devices. no one wants to watch a 20 minute video of someone pressing random notes while they tweak knobs. better promo material would go a long way.

I feel like it shouldn’t be hard to find someone to do it—probably wouldn’t even have to pay anything for it.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

challism

15 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
15 Oct 2019
I know English isn’t the dev’s first language, but man, I really wish they’d find someone to do proper demo videos of their devices. no one wants to watch a 20 minute video of someone pressing random notes while they tweak knobs. better promo material would go a long way.

I feel like it shouldn’t be hard to find someone to do it—probably wouldn’t even have to pay anything for it.
Sounds like you are volunteering for the job. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

guitfnky

15 Oct 2019

challism wrote:
15 Oct 2019
guitfnky wrote:
15 Oct 2019

Sounds like you are volunteering for the job. :)
if I had the video capture/editing software and the time, I would. :)

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2019

guitfnky wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Here's the software part:

https://obsproject.com/

Now all you need is the time.... ;-)

p.s. I already help them with their manuals and write-ups, but I too, have limited time (and skills) to do the videos...

guitfnky

15 Oct 2019

Despondo wrote:
15 Oct 2019
guitfnky wrote:
15 Oct 2019
Here's the software part:

https://obsproject.com/

Now all you need is the time.... ;-)

p.s. I already help them with their manuals and write-ups, but I too, have limited time (and skills) to do the videos...
ha, yeah, time’s the tricky part. seems like the dev could probably find people pretty easily just reaching out to their beta testers. they already know the devices, after all.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2019

Hahahahaha. Has anybody tried it yet though?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

strangers
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
15 Oct 2019
I am curious too. While i do not get the delay thing here, it is a nice addition - just wondering that there is no feedback buffer processing and just pre/post, same for the shifters (yea, modularity is king!). But hey, you get a lot of devices in one to get quite creative with a reverb.

I am also curious how good the modulations work while the reverb is active.

I speculate, that the additional reverb types that can be mixed in on top of the basic reverb are some kind of impulse responses.
Also curious about these points. This thing has a lot going on. I still find myself using Unfiltered Audio's Renoun anytime I need a reliable modulated reverb.

baloo

16 Oct 2019

Hi.
Need to say - this is a basically a Reverb/Delay powerful utility, with orientation to classical effect pedal by EHX HolyGrail reverb. We call it HolyVerb because use digital reverb and increase reverb space with HolyGrail modes.

We years ago been interesting in create this. Powerful reverb with internal Delay. You can use reverb at delay feed repeats.. basic signal repeated and reverb work on it. Or change routing and create delayed feeds from reverberated signal. It is very helpful and interesting in use.
Yes - you can get just any reverb and any delay and create something in Combinator.. but you anyway be limited.
HolyGrail is main aspect of device for next internal routing.
When you work with delay or reverb tails - you can use internal filter - as pre / reverb / delay / post. This Filter is beautiful part for sound mutations.
You can shift at start frequency and pitch levels to totally change signal nature.
Yes - it’s interesting to add pre/post for them too.
Matrix modulation is also special powerful addition.
Just think about you play with any instrument from keyboard (May be external hardware synth), and at real moment you can rule any parameters from keys, Pitch Band, ModWheel... this is very helpful to control by PitchBand - moments as Pitch and Freq shiftings with reverb time, and by ModWheel at same time control delay feedback, filter cutoff and reverb size. There possible many creative modulations for one touch control after set needed settings as you need in matrix. It’s really work!

I not understand really what you mean about feedback buffer processing - please write more or in what Reason devices I can look at this and try to understand. Feedback now there create multiple repeats by resend delay output X times back to delay... it’s a delay buffer. May be I need there more info to understand what you talk about.

Yes, video is very long. This is not a PR promo video. This is functionality technical review. We try to find from testers anybody who can create video but no results.
We open to anybody for any communications and help to us as at beta testers at beta stage, or help with post release to users. It’s nice point that we not need any note create long videos. It’s true, may be we just need to create 2-3 short videos as “how to..”, look them can be more friendly and easy to view at the end.

This is not a reverb, or delay effect, not a con sin for basic functionality. We create because we as musicians need this many years ago in real work and now can easy use this powerful fx with fast and solid results.

May be before critic and side talks - just trial it.. We listen you, and try make it more interesting.

At this moment for me personally this is a filtered rev/del with additional changes that very easy and fat in use, that sound really nice. Just try to test it. It’s not just reverb or delay effect that you can use from other devices. This is a complex fx modulation unit for creative changes

Loque

16 Oct 2019

For feedback processing just have a look at Tge Echo. Its filter is placed in the feedback loop of the delays, which means it is processed on 1st delay, before it is feed back into the deejay line. Now the processed output is again processed by the filter and routed back into the delay buffer.

As an example, if i use a LPF in a feedback buffer it results in a darket, and darker echo. Each repeated ech is dsrket than before.

If i place it just post, the delays sound all the same.

Well.. I can create my own feedback loop in Reason, but as i said... I am just curious about such unusual design decision
Reason12, Win10

turn2on
RE Developer

16 Oct 2019

Ok, as I understand - you talk about The Echo section "Color", working as additional effects (filter, overdive) on the feed repeats?
Its same (but internal) thing as Break Feedback loop In/Out. Yes, our device not have feedback loop additions. Need to think about it (just not think about it before).

Basic functions of Echo in Holyverb Delay repeated as Feed=Feed, Offset R and PAN = Balance.. Time = Length (synced or unsync).. The Echo Ping-Pong enabled the stereo position of each delay repeat will alternate between left and right... In HolyVerb - we use for it more modes... Ping-Pong in same way, Crossfade L/R, Just Stereo L/R..

Now I'm understand that you think "its can be nice feature, because stock device already have this, and now its must have for any other devices by default". But we really not think about this feature for device as needed before. Now its listen interesting.

Loque

16 Oct 2019

turn2on wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Ok, as I understand - you talk about The Echo section "Color", working as additional effects (filter, overdive) on the feed repeats?
Exactly.

turn2on wrote:
16 Oct 2019
Need to think about it (just not think about it before).
But we really not think about this feature for device as needed before.
NP, i was just curious.

As i said, i can create feedback loops by myself. I will check at the weekend how the HolyVerb works and sounds.

Thanks for an interesting new device anyway :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

turn2on
RE Developer

16 Oct 2019

Small fast fix update 1.0.1 released
  • patch names fix
  • small GUI fix
  • internal optimization
* I already start to experiment with feedback loop functionality and soon try make beta builds after end results

BradfordMoeller

17 Oct 2019

As someone who's been really impressed with Turn2on's offerings so far, I picked it up right away, and I've only tested it with guitar, but I'm finding it really pleasing. It has delay/ pitch shifting functions as well, which I wasn't rushing to test extensively, but for long, hall-type reverb sounds, I think it's great!

I could see it being very useful for ambient, drone, dream pop, shoegaze, these kinds of genres. It was also okay (in my brief experience so far) for shorter or springier reverb sounds, but the longer reverb settings were the ones which stand out most to me at the moment.
:reason:)))

BradfordMoeller

17 Oct 2019

Update: They're trying to charge me another 20$ for the hotfix..

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2019

BradfordMoeller wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Update: They're trying to charge me another 20$ for the hotfix..
Happens a lot. Just wait a little while and it’ll get fixed.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

turn2on
RE Developer

17 Oct 2019

Our updates - always free. Sorry for this situation but we really not have possibilities to help with purchases, ReasonStudios just must back charged sum for free update. But as we know now no users that try to buy update..
Last edited by turn2on on 22 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

BradfordMoeller

17 Oct 2019

turn2on wrote:
17 Oct 2019
Double charge payments, any problem with payments going at RS (propellerheads) side anyway. We already talk about it, just wait some time and RS make refund for second pucrhase. Our updates - always free. Sorry for this situation but we really not have possibilities to help with purchases, ReasonStudios just must back charged sum for free update.
Thanks for the quick response, I'm sure it'll be fixed soon!

Loque

17 Oct 2019

Lol. I had a lot of fun with the frequency shifter :-D
Boing.zip
(3.77 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

The pitch shifter sounds a bit weird, like it is lagging a lot and smearing.

And be carefull when you click in the reverb-type display and move the mouse! This can result in a very, very fast switches between the reverb types and this can raise the loudness into nirvana which even the limiter could not catch!
Reason12, Win10

emasters

18 Oct 2019

Bought the 1.0.0 version three days ago for $19.00. Looks like the 1.0.1 version is now in the Shop, but it costs $19.00 again -- saying it's a paid update. Hmmm.... something doesn't seem right with this?

eusti

18 Oct 2019

emasters wrote:
18 Oct 2019
Bought the 1.0.0 version three days ago for $19.00. Looks like the 1.0.1 version is now in the Shop, but it costs $19.00 again -- saying it's a paid update. Hmmm.... something doesn't seem right with this?
Seems RS has still problems with their shop regarding updates... :(

D.

turn2on
RE Developer

18 Oct 2019

Please write to us if you buy 1.0 andview update to 1.0.1 as paid update. We help to resolve problem soon as possible.
If you plan to update from 1.0 to 1.0.1 please wait end of weekend, when price for you already fixed to FREE.
If you plan to buy HolyVerb - just buy it. without any problems.
Last edited by turn2on on 22 Oct 2019, edited 1 time in total.

BradfordMoeller

18 Oct 2019

turn2on wrote:
18 Oct 2019
Please write to us if you buy 1.0 and double charged for 1.0.1 update. We help to resolve problem soon as possible. Write to us your account name. RS check it.

If you plan to update from 1.0 to 1.0.1 please wait end of weekend, when price for you already fixed to FREE.

If you plan to buy HolyVerb - just buy it. without any problems.

problem touch only users who buy v 1.0 and after it already buy 1.0.1. They must receive refunds
You rock- can't wait to see what you do next!

• Information