Kompusion Konundrum

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Periwinkle

02 Oct 2019

Hi guys,
I'm having a problem with Letric Panda Propulsion (the problem is probably actually myself), and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions.

First, let me say that I have a few players and IMHO Kompusion is by far the most fun to use - It really does seem to cover all the bases.

Anyway, I've been working on this project for a few weeks now and I have an instance of Kompultion playing a Kong. All of a sudden, D2 and C#2 are not sending any gate signal to Kong. So, no sound on those two pads. The output of Kong is working fine, but the indicator lights on Kompusion would indicate that it's not sending anything out on those two lanes.

Unlike Propulsion, Kompusion auto-routes to Kong so I can't have messed up the wiring. I have a feeling that it's probably down to an altered setting in one of Kompusion's many editor windows, but I've spent quite a while going through them and I can't see anything.

I've saved a patch out of Kompusion and created a fresh instance - loaded the patch, but it hasn't solved the problem.

I'm sure it's one of those 'staring me in the face' things, but I just can't see it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

rcbuse
RE Developer

02 Oct 2019

Gotta keep in mind that Kompulsion is actually 16 sequencers running at once, so I suggest:
Check the 'NOTE' tab for the sequencer thats the problem and make sure the 'notes' are correct.
Check the 'OCT' tab and make sure the octave is 0.
Check the 'PROB' tab and make sure the proabiliby is set to 100%.
Check the 'MIX' tab and make sure each sequencer is using its own gate and note data.

Periwinkle

02 Oct 2019

Thank you for replying, Rob. Eventually, I solved the problem by using Tools > Reset 14/15 and simply reentered the notes on those two lanes/sequencers.

One other issue, and it may not be Kompulsion-specific, is that sometimes when automating Kompulsion using a pattern lane, any extra 1/16 note is added to each sequence. I don't think it's even possible to set a 17/16 measure in Kompulsion, so I'm not sure what's happening.
Last edited by Periwinkle on 03 Oct 2019, edited 3 times in total.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Oct 2019

Hey Panda, did you consider adding a drum mode (in addition to arp/seq), with a smaller feature set, but having this "slide" function. Just remove the feature(s) that is preventing the slide thingy and call it Drum Mode?

If you make it like the LEN mode, so when bar is 50% it is no slide, then you can slide in either direction by making the bar longer or shorter, AND you get a unique slide for EACH drum hit. The Drum Sequencer cannot do that, it only slides per lane.
This would be a HUGE feature for using Kompulsion as a drum sequencer - now it is unfortunately of very limited use if you want pro results. Timing of drums is EVERYTING when making the pattern groove.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information