Cannot use RE (wrong patch format/patch damaged)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
windplayer

28 Sep 2019

Hello! I want to use the EXP1 rack extension with Reason 10. It does not work. There is a message "wrong patch format or patch damaged", but if you delete the EXP1 and download it a second time, it is the same. The format of the patches is "CMB". It is the normal patch format of the RE - or isn't it?
I then downloaded another RE. It works.

windplayer

28 Sep 2019

And what do I have to do to use the EXP1? If I click on it, there are only cmb-files.
If I drag and drop these files to the reason-rack, there is the message described above.

Italophile

28 Sep 2019

You can't save settings of the EXP1 so it doesn't support patches.

To use any of the example patches simply drag a combinator from the EXP1 Expression Processor folder into an empty space in the rack.

You can learn more by visiting the developers website and downloading the manual.

windplayer

28 Sep 2019

„To use any of the example patches simply drag a combinator from the EXP1 Expression Processor folder into an empty space in the rack“

This is exactly what I do (and where I get the ‚damaged‘ message). With other combinators, this is no problem. So I think, it is a specific problem with the EXP1 combinators/example patches.

Italophile

28 Sep 2019

I just checked all 21 combi patches and they work flawlessly.

diminished
Competition Winner

28 Sep 2019

windplayer wrote:
28 Sep 2019
Hello! I want to use the EXP1 rack extension with Reason 10. It does not work. There is a message "wrong patch format or patch damaged", but if you delete the EXP1 and download it a second time, it is the same. The format of the patches is "CMB". It is the normal patch format of the RE - or isn't it?

You're using a different language setting than English for Reason, aren't you. I get the same message when Reason is set to German. I already reported that bug ages ago to Propellerhead SW, and while they promised that Reason would handle such events more graciously in future updates (empty promise?), they can't do anything about EXP1's behaviour.
Too bad that EXP1 is abandonware.
So, switch to English or don't use EXP1 at all. Sorry for the bad news!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

moneykube

28 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
28 Sep 2019
windplayer wrote:
28 Sep 2019

You're using a different language setting than English for Reason, aren't you. I get the same message when Reason is set to German. I already reported that bug ages ago to Propellerhead SW, and while they promised that Reason would handle such events more graciously in future updates (empty promise?), they can't do anything about EXP1's behaviour.
Too bad that EXP1 is abandonware.
So, switch to English or don't use EXP1 at all. Sorry for the bad news!

:? :shock: :? :roll: :o :o :o :o learning more qwirks and quarks daily and preparing from the black hole... I feeeeeel the gravity... carry on :puf_wink:
refills rule
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

windplayer

28 Sep 2019

@diminished: Yes, you were right. It really was the language setting causing the problem. I switched to Englisch, now it works. Thank you!

boingy

29 Sep 2019

windplayer wrote:
28 Sep 2019
@diminished: Yes, you were right. It really was the language setting causing the problem. I switched to Englisch, now it works. Thank you!
Maybe it's part of the preparations for Brexit. You can have any language you want as long as it's English. :lol:

• Information