Morphine 8 Digital Drum Module

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

25 Sep 2019

Interesting new device!
The Morphine 8 Digital Drum Module Sampler is here, an alien species of drum samplers equipped with a modern sound bank of trap based 808 ammunition! Morphine 8 includes, trunk devastating distorted 808 subs, tight kicks, processed snares, crisp claps, clean closed hihats, pristine open hihats, huge cymbals, rises, melodies, fx, and even sequences. This drum module will accelerate creativity with sequenced glitch morph pitch and mpc style sample repeat and stereo x echo effects. You can load up to 8 samples per patch (use/edit existing samples or use/edit your own wave files) and even save custom drum sets and sequences! Morphine 8 is a modern beast of a drum machine rack extension for producers of all genres ranging from trap, hip hop, dub step, house, & all creative electronic dance music.

antic604

25 Sep 2019

Hmm. One glaring omission is the fact that all 3 FX are controlled by the same step sequencer, so you can't have repeater on e.g. step 6, x-pitch on steps 18-24 and x-echo on step 30. That's a really weird decision to implement it like that.

Loque

25 Sep 2019

Interesting. A few neet features and it doesn't cost 99 😁
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

DNA LABS.

NOPE.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

stp2015

25 Sep 2019

Not a big fan of the other DNA Labs stuff, and don't like their designs a lot. Still, this one does look interesting. Make it prettier, add separate lanes for the different effects, and you might have something :D

antic604

26 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
DNA LABS.

NOPE.
But you can load your own samples!

VariableX

26 Sep 2019

I like the look of this, will have a trial.

Andy
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
DNA LABS.

NOPE.
Why nope? Something sketchy about this dev?

miscend

27 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Hmm. One glaring omission is the fact that all 3 FX are controlled by the same step sequencer, so you can't have repeater on e.g. step 6, x-pitch on steps 18-24 and x-echo on step 30. That's a really weird decision to implement it like that.
Yes. In fact I wonder why they stopped short and didn’t go the whole way and do per step automation.

okaino

19 Mar 2020

I thought morphine 8 was going to be my solution to nnxt/kong. I watched the videos about it and kept thinking no way they are covering everything there has to be more. Started the trial within 5 mins i knew this was a no go. Looks are deceiving this device is too shallow for my taste. You cant stack drums or anything. They stopped way to soon in the design process.

Its only useful i guess if you want the sound bank but functionality wise its cute idea with piss poor execution and abilities.

If morphine 8 was as good as it looked they could get away with a $50+ RE because it would be a replacement for nnxt and kong this doesnt almostscratch the itch....its just hot air on the itch.

HeresJohnny312

19 Mar 2020

Dna labs, yes please!
It was an Instant buy, I love it and bought it at full price at that, I think you have to know a bit about programming in able to use this properly(program the glitch sequencer, then record directly to the reason sequencer live so you get all types of surprise fx comin in and out, not just program everything on the morphine sequencer). , to the amateur it will definitely seem a bit confusing, but no the pros. Honestly it is an amazing device if you take the time to learn the hidden gems. Dna is one of the top devs in the reason platform, I sense that the negative guys are the ones that dont understand or embrace the new wave. Like it or not, trap, 808s, glitch repeaters, modern sub bass, its the future, you'll see.

HeresJohnny312

20 Mar 2020

stp2015 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Not a big fan of the other DNA Labs stuff, and don't like their designs a lot. Still, this one does look interesting. Make it prettier, add separate lanes for the different effects, and you might have something :D
I really like their gui designs and most amateurs probably wont understand how deep the UX goes hence the hate, but let's take a look at a close drum RE competitor, to me dna stuff honestly looks way better. Some people could always complain this and that but imagine people complained about the original tr-808 too lmao and it has a place in 90% of all the hits the past 40 years.
Attachments
Morphine_front_3d_Nvunwko_lDGbp02_nAjvrmX.png.10000x10000_q85.png
Morphine_front_3d_Nvunwko_lDGbp02_nAjvrmX.png.10000x10000_q85.png (809.42 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
p19nkdl7rn16mfn5q97h1nog12bn3_d7pyCcV_cK_RdmKnum.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg
p19nkdl7rn16mfn5q97h1nog12bn3_d7pyCcV_cK_RdmKnum.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg (45.85 KiB) Viewed 3670 times

HeresJohnny312

20 Mar 2020

hurricane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
DNA LABS.

NOPE.
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 12.08.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 12.08.20 AM.png (69.56 KiB) Viewed 3668 times
Buddy your on a 2012 mac mini, no wonder you dont like dna labs devices, lmao, you can't run a sample based 30mb patch without your grandpas computer crashing! :lol:

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2020

HeresJohnny312 wrote:
20 Mar 2020

Buddy your on a 2012 mac mini, no wonder you dont like dna labs devices, lmao, you can't run a sample based 30mb patch without your grandpas computer crashing! :lol:
That statement right there already tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. But your other statements confirm that too. And since I seem to have plenty of free time because I am working from home, let's go over those shall we?

First of all, you joined on 2/26/2020.

That day, you just go straight for it where when talking about who the best sound designer for Reason is, you say "probably" Exode, OR "maybe a close tie with DNA Labs." :roll:

Next day, you were only one of TWO people to respond to DNA Labs' supersale thread, where you responded "this is great thanks!" :roll:

In the 'must have' REs thread, you named 2 - one of which was Hydronexius. :roll:

In the Sidmaster thread, you called DNA Labs "futuristic and modern" :roll:

Oh but in the Morphine thread it gets really good.

Your first words there were "DNA Labs, yes pease!" :roll:

And then "DNA Labs is one of the top devs in the Reason platform." :roll:

Oh - and those people that don't like Morphine "don't understand or embrace the new wave." :roll:

Then you added this nugget of wisdom: "to the amateur it will definitely seem a bit confusing, but not the pro." :roll:

And then you get even more ridiculous, where you said: "most amateurs won't understand how deep the UX goes hence the hate." :roll:

So you are either DNA LABS' #1 fan, OR YOU'VE JUST BEEN BUSTED, PAL.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

20 Mar 2020

hurricane wrote:
20 Mar 2020
HeresJohnny312 wrote:
20 Mar 2020

That statement right there already tells me you have no idea what you're talking about. But your other statements confirm that too. And since I seem to have plenty of free time because I am working from home, let's go over those shall we?

That day, you just go straight for it where when talking about who the best sound designer for Reason is, you say "probably" Exode, OR "maybe a close tie with DNA Labs." :roll:

Next day, you were only one of TWO people to respond to DNA Labs' supersale thread, where you responded "this is great thanks!" :roll:

In the 'must have' REs thread, you named 2 - one of which was Hydronexius. :roll:

Oh - and those people that don't like Morphine "don't understand or embrace the new wave." :roll:

Then you added this nugget of wisdom: "to the amateur it will definitely seem a bit confusing, but not the pro." :roll:

And then you get even more ridiculous, where you said: "most amateurs won't understand how deep the UX goes hence the hate." :roll:

;)
Reason12, Win10

HeresJohnny312

20 Mar 2020

hurricane wrote:
20 Mar 2020
HeresJohnny312 wrote:
20 Mar 2020

I am a huge fan of dna and exode is that a secret I was supposed to keep? Don't be mad, just save up your lunch money, stop stalking my profile and buy yourself a computer thats cost more than 150$... Then you can actually run decent software instead of bashing it because your comp can't handle it or you can't understand it. I don't want to point this out but if you have such an out dated computer, it is clear you are not a pro thats all I meant. It's like saying you're race car driver but race using a 1980 toyota. Sorry not sorry.

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2020

HeresJohnny312 wrote:
20 Mar 2020
I am a huge fan of dna and exode is that a secret I was supposed to keep? Don't be mad, just save up your lunch money, stop stalking my profile and buy yourself a computer thats cost more than 150$... Then you can actually run decent software instead of bashing it because your comp can't handle it or you can't understand it. I don't want to point this out but if you have such an out dated computer, it is clear you are not a pro thats all I meant. It's like saying you're race car driver but race using a 1980 toyota. Sorry not sorry.
Lol, wow.

I'm entertained by your stupidity.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

eusti

20 Mar 2020

Ok, guys. Can we get back on topic here?

Thank you.

D.

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2020

hurricane wrote:
20 Mar 2020
HeresJohnny312 wrote:
20 Mar 2020

:thumbs_up:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

ravasb

20 Mar 2020

eusti wrote:
20 Mar 2020
Ok, guys. Can we get back on topic here?

Thank you.

D.
It's not looking promising.

damasio

04 Apr 2020

I'm demoing it right now and it seems to sound nice (the stock samples basically).
But i got immediately agitated by the fact that you wipe out the sequence when loading a new drum set.
This simple limitation is all ready a showstopper for me. I want to switch kits while the sequence is running and not rewrite the sequence all the time once i load another kit.

lrey

09 Apr 2020

I personally really like DNA Labs' REs. I purchased all of their REs and quite enjoy them. They offer something unique and catered to the genre of music that I produce in, Hip-Hop/Trap/R&B. Granted, some of the sounds are subpar or overly processed, but I do find the occasional "gem" sounds that totally complement my production. For me, if I can create at least one or two good tracks from an RE, then the RE definitely was already well-worth the purchase. In this case and at this price point, this is/was a no-brainer to buy.

I'm loving Morphine 8 as it is another tool that can help me create something new, exciting and different.

EugeniusMaximus

05 Oct 2022

Though this is a really good-sounding drum machine, I wish it would have "Copy Pattern To Track", which is a bummer; a function I believe should be required for all RE vendors.

• Information