Scenic!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
seqoi
Posts: 354
Joined: 12 Aug 2017

Post 26 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Sep 2019

Actually, and not looking to get into an “oh no they’re not, oh yes they are” argument, in general I personally find this forum to be very positive for the most part. So I’m pretty sure there’s a reason for the current “negativity”.
If it was positive you wouldn't see so much negativity. The reason for the current "negativity" is that most of the forum people are negative. It is as simple as that.

But i guess it's normal these days. Everyone think they are entitled to complain because there is not feature XY which they expected because putothercompanyhere has it. But instead of doing music they piss here - hence it's negative.

You can always say there's a reason for negativity. Yes there is. Negativity itself. There is also always a reason for people to enjoy Reason. But they don't. Cuz they are negative ;)

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 2760
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 26 Sep 2019

seqoi wrote:
26 Sep 2019
MrFigg wrote:
26 Sep 2019

Actually, and not looking to get into an “oh no they’re not, oh yes they are” argument, in general I personally find this forum to be very positive for the most part. So I’m pretty sure there’s a reason for the current “negativity”.
If it was positive you wouldn't see so much negativity. The reason for the current "negativity" is that most of the forum people are negative. It is as simple as that.

But i guess it's normal these days. Everyone think they are entitled to complain because there is not feature XY which they expected because putothercompanyhere has it. But instead of doing music they piss here - hence it's negative.

You can always say there's a reason for negativity. Yes there is. Negativity itself. There is also always a reason for people to enjoy Reason. But they don't. Cuz they are negative ;)
Would you say that you feel negatively about the negative attitude of the forum users? Do you think it’ll do any good complaining about it?
😳🙃😉😃

User avatar
WillyOD
Posts: 229
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: Left of stardust

Post 26 Sep 2019

I would be careful when using words like EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. Have you read EVERY post by EVERY user out here? I highly doubt it.

I find ReasonTalk one of the more positive, better forums and there are many professionals contributing to the discussions.

I actually found your post the most negative thing I've seen in the past few months. I don't mind realistic feature requests or "complaints". How do you expect people to express the lack of things without a feeling of perceived negativity? I guess you could use: please, thank you and sorry, but....

I feel it contributes much more to the discussion than claiming that EVERYONE sucks because you think so. :thumbs_up:
I've never seen so many colours... http://www.diippii.com.

seqoi
Posts: 354
Joined: 12 Aug 2017

Post 26 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Sep 2019

Would you say that you feel negatively about the negative attitude of the forum users? Do you think it’ll do any good complaining about it?
😳🙃😉😃
No nope. Not at this time now. Why you ask? I complained about it years back but then i realized it's the way it is - This forum us full of negative people. My assumption it's the people in the range of 16-23 years.

Btw that about this forum being full of negative people is not complaint. That's claim. By now a true one. Just look up in forum - in case if you were trying to play meta game, like trying to convince me that my complaining add up to some pile or something :puf_wink:

To make it OT - i tried Scenic today. I genuinely liked it. It can spit out weird sound. I like!!

Btw is it just me or routing Drums and Redrum/Kong to Master compressor in Scenic is bloody awesome!!!

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1308
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 26 Sep 2019

seqoi wrote:
26 Sep 2019
This forum us full of negative people. My assumption it's the people in the range of 16-23 years.
Yeah about that...: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7513188
Your assumption couldn't be more off :)
:reason: Most recent track: The Test (feat. MrFigg) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Breach The Sky
Posts: 193
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 26 Sep 2019

The reverb(s) in this synth is fantastic, imo.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 2760
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 26 Sep 2019

Breach The Sky wrote:
26 Sep 2019
The reverb(s) in this synth is fantastic, imo.
Is it a synth or is it a rompler?

Breach The Sky
Posts: 193
Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 26 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Sep 2019
Breach The Sky wrote:
26 Sep 2019
The reverb(s) in this synth is fantastic, imo.
Is it a synth or is it a rompler?
Oh, how foolish off me.. Yes, you're quite right, it is indeed a glorified rompler, with an excellent reverb. But, what will it become when it gets the ability to load samples? That's the question.

User avatar
nooomy
Posts: 383
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 26 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Sep 2019
Breach The Sky wrote:
26 Sep 2019
The reverb(s) in this synth is fantastic, imo.
Is it a synth or is it a rompler?
It’s a granular rompler with a really nice FX section it’s abit like malstrom 2.0

User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 635
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Post 26 Sep 2019

I don't believe this implies upcoming video support because Reason has already been a film sound design tool for years. It simply refers to the intent of the instrument. That said I think Reason is an amazing fit for video support. What an *epic* foley environment! Consider that Reason has been unable to incorporate MP3 exporting. Licensing costs? Programming difficulty? These types of things could make video support hard to achieve.

fretshot7
Posts: 331
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 26 Sep 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
26 Sep 2019
I don't believe this implies upcoming video support because Reason has already been a film sound design tool for years. It simply refers to the intent of the instrument. That said I think Reason is an amazing fit for video support. What an *epic* foley environment! Consider that Reason has been unable to incorporate MP3 exporting. Licensing costs? Programming difficulty? These types of things could make video support hard to achieve.
mp3 support doesn't bother me.
Exporting as wav is all that is needed. There are so many other compressed formats of higher quality i'd imagine less and less people even use mp3.

Export to wav then make your choices from there. If you are distributing your music to Spotify/Apple etc you send them the wavs anyway.

I can't remember the last time I wanted to converted a song to mp3..

If i was going to guess why they never implemented it when mp3s were popular i'd say licensing, they didnt want to pay it.

seqoi
Posts: 354
Joined: 12 Aug 2017

Post 27 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
26 Sep 2019
Yeah about that...: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7513188
Your assumption couldn't be more off :)
Even worse if that's true (but it's not). Older people should be more mature. But we know today that's not the case.

Anyone can click anything so that's why you shouldn't believe these charts anyway :puf_bigsmile:

I'll stay with my guess. Kids.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1082
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 27 Sep 2019

seqoi wrote:
27 Sep 2019
diminished wrote:
26 Sep 2019
Yeah about that...: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7513188
Your assumption couldn't be more off :)
Even worse if that's true (but it's not). Older people should be more mature. But we know today that's not the case.

Anyone can click anything so that's why you shouldn't believe these charts anyway :puf_bigsmile:

I'll stay with my guess. Kids.
Why would we lie about our age? 😂

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3057
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 27 Sep 2019

No rent-to-own on it... :?
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 10.4 / Cockus Reaper 5.982 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2285
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 27 Sep 2019

Got a chance to toy around with it today. It's got some really nice sounding samples to work with. The effects are really good as well.

I don't get the people saying that it doesn't sound good. It obviously does sound pretty damn good! I mean, forget about the "demos" or the promotional video. Open it up in Reason and start playing the keys like you normally do, go through the patches. There is no doubt that this device brings something nice to the table. No, it's not ground breaking or extremely impressive. But it's only 99 dollars.. If you're an artist that is making a living through music making, then the price/utility ratio is really good! If you get the suite and don't own most of the devices then it's crazy! (They should have discounts for people who own stuff from Suite, though it would be really hard to figure out how that would work IMO)

Overall it's a solid instrument with a sleek/modern design, with an arsenal of beautiful sounds to work with in your productions (or sculpt your own!)


Here's a track I started working on while testing Scenic.(not the drums)




Not demo worthy by any means, but I've been enjoying using just the presets from Scenic.. Can't wait to start making my own stuff and then again with sample loading :)
Random songs/ideas go here:
https://soundcloud.com/ae-ox/polar/s-Ocxtj

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 524
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 27 Sep 2019

aeox wrote:
27 Sep 2019
But it's only 99 dollars.
That is so dangerous way of thinking :D I was looking at my order history on reason Studio account and I made my first purchase in January 2010 and have spent $5909 on only $amount since then. So that only $99 would round $6000 for me. made me think about not spending on anything I am not 100% sure I need

dhruan
Posts: 219
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post 27 Sep 2019

Getting back to the actual device... what's the thing with the FX inputs? Audio for modulation?
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

User avatar
boingy
Posts: 791
Joined: 01 Feb 2019

Post 27 Sep 2019

gullum wrote:
27 Sep 2019
aeox wrote:
27 Sep 2019
But it's only 99 dollars.
That is so dangerous way of thinking :D I was looking at my order history on reason Studio account and I made my first purchase in January 2010 and have spent $5909 on only $amount since then. So that only $99 would round $6000 for me. made me think about not spending on anything I am not 100% sure I need
If you'd been a bit quicker at pressing Record you could have sampled the noise of me falling off my chair. 6K!!! Feck me. You could have bought a new one for that. :lol:

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2285
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 27 Sep 2019

gullum wrote:
27 Sep 2019
aeox wrote:
27 Sep 2019
But it's only 99 dollars.
That is so dangerous way of thinking :D I was looking at my order history on reason Studio account and I made my first purchase in January 2010 and have spent $5909 on only $amount since then. So that only $99 would round $6000 for me. made me think about not spending on anything I am not 100% sure I need
I've never checked mine, I know it's closer to around 1000 though (and that's a high guess, only started using Reason in 2017) :P . I don't buy a lot of stuff that I haven't trialed and found value in personally.

$6000 over 9 years is not a very large investment. I mean, you've been making music with these instruments and effects over all these years! Before I started working a "normal" job, I was only spending money on REs with money made from music. So for me, it was like a business expense. The idea was, that I would make a return on my investment.

With that said, 99 dollars for something like this that brings a lot of cool sounds to the table.. it's a small investment in the music making world :)
Random songs/ideas go here:
https://soundcloud.com/ae-ox/polar/s-Ocxtj

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 2285
Joined: 23 Feb 2017

Post 27 Sep 2019

dhruan wrote:
27 Sep 2019
Getting back to the actual device... what's the thing with the FX inputs? Audio for modulation?
To use the FX sections
Last edited by aeox on 27 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Random songs/ideas go here:
https://soundcloud.com/ae-ox/polar/s-Ocxtj

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 524
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 27 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
27 Sep 2019

If you'd been a bit quicker at pressing Record you could have sampled the noise of me falling off my chair. 6K!!! Feck me. You could have bought a new one for that. :lol:
I almost fell of my chair when I pressed = on the calculator :D

well 1148 are on upgrades alone

dhruan
Posts: 219
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post 27 Sep 2019

aeox wrote:
27 Sep 2019
dhruan wrote:
27 Sep 2019
Getting back to the actual device... what's the thing with the FX inputs? Audio for modulation?
To use the FX sections
Aaaaaaa... ok, so you can route an external audio signal through Scenic's FX section, gotcha.

...where was my mind? :D
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

User avatar
fieldframe
Posts: 704
Joined: 19 Apr 2016

Post 27 Sep 2019

Let's see, pulling up my "Career expenditure on Reason" spreadsheet...

$1335 total since Reason 3.0 in 2007. 7 versions of Reason purchased (including Record and Pay What You Want), for a total of $746, and 17 Rack Extensions for a total of $589. Not counting Reason 11 since I haven't pulled the trigger yet. But if I get Suite, should I count it all as a Reason version? Or should I separate out the price difference and count it as an RE purchase... Hmm.

Anyway, Reason 11 Suite would put me just under $1600 over 12 years, which, from that perspective, is a bargain.
Welcome to TEST FIXTURE

User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 635
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Post 27 Sep 2019

Via the YouTube videos I'm watching I think this a great sounding instrument! However I'd prefer this not be bundled to core software upgrades. This should be sold separately as an option because at the end of the day its just an instrument and in no way "necessary".

Steedus
Posts: 220
Joined: 31 Aug 2015

Post 28 Sep 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
27 Sep 2019
Via the YouTube videos I'm watching I think this a great sounding instrument! However I'd prefer this not be bundled to core software upgrades. This should be sold separately as an option because at the end of the day its just an instrument and in no way "necessary".
It is sold separately as well for $99.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], MrFigg, Proboscis and 4 guests