Scenic!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rorystorm

11 Apr 2022

I agree, its needlessly complicated. The gui is garbage. The stock sounds are ok tho, and the saturation and reverb models are really nice. I've been using it as an effect device with the external audio inputs and it works quite well there.

strangers
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2022

I've really wanted to like Scenic. It's clunky to use and doesn't offer much, if any, of a workflow boost. Adding sample loading was a nice touch but I can still do the same and then some by loading samples into the sequencer and running wild from there.

Harpuia

12 Apr 2022

I like a couple of the stock presets as just "grab and go" sorts of things. Shaman drums is a great instant war drum for dubstep or other darker genres (especially if you run it through the default Scream 4 preset). I wish there were more "clean" patches, but I guess I can also just make my own from the built in samples.

eXode

12 Apr 2022

I would like to see the master reverb put to use in a stand alone device (or some of the algos added to the RV7000)

AnotherMathias

12 Apr 2022

eXode wrote:
12 Apr 2022
I would like to see the master reverb put to use in a stand alone device (or some of the algos added to the RV7000)
That reverb is just a standard convolution reverb with a selection of some funky impulses.
You can pretty easily extract those by loading up an impulse sample (super short single cycle square wave) in the oscillator, and record the output as WAVs, and use them in RV7000.

Marc64

12 Apr 2022

eXode wrote:
12 Apr 2022
Create a scenic reverb combinator :)

challism

12 Apr 2022

I wish Scenic was able to be installed WITHOUT the factory soundbank (I wish all REs and Reason itself were available without mandatory soundbanks). I prefer to use Scenic for its effects section - with my own samples; since I rarely use stock samples, I feel the HDD space is really wasted, so I don't even have Scenic installed. It's a shame because I do like the effects section.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

adfielding

14 Apr 2022

Scenic is, imo, the worst instrument RS have ever put their name to by quite a considerable margin. I don't know if it was developed in house or by a third party (though I strongly suspect the latter), but it seems bananas to me that the same folks who made Europa and Grain shortly beforehand would then put their name on this.

My mother always said if you don't have anything nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all. In that spirit... Scenic certainly is an instrument.

QVprod

14 Apr 2022

I know it’s not a very deep instrument. But there’s some nice presets in it. I think it has a bit more potential than it’s given credit for. I did this pack layering it with Pangea

https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/642/

fceramic

15 Apr 2022

I don't think it is the worst in Reason Studios' increasingly disappointing RE releases. Layers, Umphf and that absurd Processed Pianos (the refill version sounds better and uses 1/10 of the CPU) are all that I would call underwhelming, uninspiring, unoptimised and with terrible page-heavy menus and tiny knobs. I only use Reason these days because of the old classics from the time Propellerhead was thriving and really cared about making the highest quality music software. Those were the days!

• Information