Scenic!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
scratchnsnifff

25 Sep 2019

Thanks propellerhead!

Scenic really does look beautiful

The insert FX look amazing.
I love how they are planning to add sample loading.

As much grief as they get, I must say; it does appear that they are listening as the device has been posted for all of a few hours or so, and they made sure to mention that sample loading will be a part of it.

Also, it’s cool how there’s a macro editor. This synth might actually be something special :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Creativemind

25 Sep 2019

Any videos on it yet?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dephoria

25 Sep 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Thanks propellerhead!

Scenic really does look beautiful

The insert FX look amazing.

As much grief as they get, I must say; it does appear that they are listening as the device has been posted for all of a few hours or so, and they made sure to mention that sample loading will be a part of it.

Also, it’s cool how there’s a macro editor. This synth might actually be something special :)
thanks you gotta pay for it yet lol

S1GNL

25 Sep 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Sep 2019

and they made sure to mention that sample loading will be a part of it.

:lol: Classic Propellerheads... ehm... Reason Studios! Why didn't they implemented it right from the start??? :roll:

antic604

25 Sep 2019

User Manual is not available, but it's nice to see sample loading is coming and on the back there are separate inputs to the Insert FX (although we still don't know what they are :) )

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

the promo video prominently states “FOR THE BIG SCREEN”, and later (less prominently) “foley”. either RS are working on/planning video integration in Reason, or they’re leaning more aggressively into the Reason-as-VST thing than I would have hoped. 🤔
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

seqoi

25 Sep 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Sep 2019

When did they said that?

Btw can we route signals to internal FX ?

Loque

25 Sep 2019

seqoi wrote:
25 Sep 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Sep 2019

When did they said that?

Yes, looks like... Does Reason Studio listen to us now?
Reason12, Win10

antic604

25 Sep 2019

seqoi wrote:
25 Sep 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
25 Sep 2019

When did they said that?

Both are answere in the Shop - yes x2

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/

dephoria

25 Sep 2019

played around for half an hour so far presets are uninspiring me i havent got used to grain yet so i'm out ,was expecting something with amazing orchestral parts it has a decent action strings but apart from that hmmm , uninstalled it already , only buying what i need in future learned my lesson i.m out ( i got reason 11 by the way well 10 a week ago for £84 so i got my 11

seqoi

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
seqoi wrote:
25 Sep 2019

When did they said that?

Both are answere in the Shop - yes x2

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nstrument/
Awesome!!! Thanks guys

BananaSkins

25 Sep 2019

How big is the trial - anyone?

Creativemind

25 Sep 2019

guitfnky wrote:
25 Sep 2019
the promo video prominently states “FOR THE BIG SCREEN”, and later (less prominently) “foley”. either RS are working on/planning video integration in Reason, or they’re leaning more aggressively into the Reason-as-VST thing than I would have hoped. 🤔
I thought that. One of the first things I noticed. If they've made a device for big screen soundscapes, seems video integration has to be the next logical step doesn't it?

Although I suppose it can be used in the Reason Rack Plug-in so then you can use the video in another daw.

antic604

25 Sep 2019

Creativemind wrote:
25 Sep 2019
device for big screen soundscapes, seems video integration has to be the next logical step doesn't it?
Yeah, right. As if people scoring big movies would work in Reason :D

I't just a phrase describing certain type of sound. Don't read to much into it. And I'd really be pissed of if they wasted their time adding video support when there's SOOOOO much of more basic stuff missing.

Loque

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Creativemind wrote:
25 Sep 2019
device for big screen soundscapes, seems video integration has to be the next logical step doesn't it?

I't just a phrase describing certain type of sound. Don't read to much into it. And I'd really be pissed of if they wasted their time adding video support when there's SOOOOO much of more basic stuff missing.
I listened to rchestra stuff here from ppl which sounded amazing. I don't see a reason this would not work. You just need a timemark and job is done.
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Creativemind wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Oh yes I'm totally with you on that one. I've said the same as you when people have mentioned they need it. Plenty more important things to add first but after this update (and obviously we don't know what the point updates will bring) I'm really beginning to think the core software is so far behind now that the amount of features needed is so high (I have 80 features) that at the rate they're going it'll be Reason 14 before it gets there. So it just seems instruments and things like video support may be what we'll get with the odd thing added as a sideline, just seems soooooo slow they add key workflow features.

10 there was nothing in terms of core DAW enhancements - we should have got half a dozen at least and a few more in this update so sorry, just seems so slow I'm more inclined to believe they'll give big wow things and leave the necessities or just add 2 or 3 here and a couple more there.

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Creativemind wrote:
25 Sep 2019

“cinematic” is a phrase describing a certain type of sound. “FOR THE BIG SCREEN” is specific. “foley” is even more so. but again, it could just be them leaning into the Reason VST thing, since other DAWs allow for video integration. I just thought it was an interesting thing to note.

all that said, I am a billion percent with you on the need for basic QOL improvements before they consider adding something like video support.

hurricane
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Creativemind wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Did you all forget that you can use Scenic in a real DAW now?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

hurricane wrote:
25 Sep 2019
antic604 wrote:
25 Sep 2019

Did you all forget that you can use Scenic in a real DAW now?
did you forget to read the rest of the comments?

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

I think that was meant tounge-in-cheek :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Aosta

25 Sep 2019

Tend the flame

guitfnky

25 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
25 Sep 2019
I think that was meant tounge-in-cheek :)
maybe. I’ve been wrong before...too often. :lol:

chimp_spanner

25 Sep 2019

Demo'd it today. It's actually really great fun. Quick and easy atmospheric sounds, plenty of scope for modulation and sound design. Really, really like it.

Lempface

25 Sep 2019

Inspiring presets for sure!

Where did you guys hear about sample loading coming? That would be a great boon. I was impressed to see some of the soundscapes that were created from short mallet type strikes or bells.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

PhillipOrdonez

25 Sep 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
25 Sep 2019
How big is the trial - anyone?
1.7 gigabytes

• Information