Rack Extensions Rule, VST Sucks

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
zoidkirb

08 Oct 2019

ShelLuser yes agreed , Reason needs to allow alternative drive locations. It's not an issue personally as I don't use re sample libraries. There is a workaround if you want to use shortcut folders to other drives but yeah don't wanna encourage yet more workarounds :D
Yes ableton have their own ecosystem with packs and all the m4l devices which is great! There really is more control in how users manage their content but obviously the trade-off is the fact you've got to actually manage that content. The m4l stuff in particular is awesome - it really brings ableton closer and in some ways beyond what Reason/re's can do (and a lot of it for free once you've paid for suite) but once again there's tradeoffs : personally I find max unstable at times and of course you need to more actively maintain things. I'd really have to think about opening a fully loaded ableton live project in 10 years time and have it work perfectly. That's something I wouldn't give a second through to in Reason.

challism

09 Oct 2019

A huge, glaring problem with REs and Reason in general is the issues with a slow or non-responsive server. I've been unable to get my licenses to update for a long time now (since Reason moved to the new website), and am therefore, unable to use REs that I own. I'm pretty pissed off about it.
RE.PNG
RE.PNG (46.6 KiB) Viewed 408 times
file.png
file.png (69.47 KiB) Viewed 404 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

EnochLight

09 Oct 2019

challism wrote:
09 Oct 2019
A huge, glaring problem with REs and Reason in general is the issues with a slow or non-responsive server. I've been unable to get my licenses to update for a long time now (since Reason moved to the new website), and am therefore, unable to use REs that I own. I'm pretty pissed off about it.

file.png
file.png (69.47 KiB) Viewed 349 times
I spy with my little eye... someone beta testing a Kuassa RE they're trying to keep secret? :D :lol: ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

challism

11 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
09 Oct 2019
I spy with my little eye... someone beta testing a Kuassa RE they're trying to keep secret? :D :lol: ;)
ha ha, nice spot.. it is a beta, but not Kuassa. Those are just listed by order of latest download.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information