Make up your own Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
motuscott

21 Sep 2019

Radical Pedal Steel.
GUI by Nudie™
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

sdst
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Sep 2019
Looks good. But it could use a kitten or a pink dolphin somewhere. Other than that, looks great.
I did an update my company is called propellerhead

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

sdst wrote:
21 Sep 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Sep 2019
Looks good. But it could use a kitten or a pink dolphin somewhere. Other than that, looks great.
I did an update my company is called propellerhead
Nailed it. I'd buy that.
I like that there aren't even anything to tweak or any buttons to push. I mean it is "automatic" after all.

motuscott

21 Sep 2019

Is that cat judging MJ or visa versa?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

superpop

21 Sep 2019

WarStar wrote:
21 Sep 2019
Maybe a Kick Drum and Bass balancer which would include two metering comparison modules to balance the kick and bass. This would require compression and gate options as well as automatable volume envelope curve control. Include genre specific compression, gate, envelope curves/releases specific to particular styles, ie Rock, pop, hip-hop, edm, etc. with user specific options as well. In addition to the comp/gate/envelope options also feature breakouts for external processing. Also include in the metering comparison section "target" zones for appropriate kick to bass balance...

Edit: maybe also feature a mid/mono option to make sure your low end isnt sucking up too much of the stereo field.

I know there's fairly easy approaches to achieve a good kick/bass balance but having a specific RE with this in mind might be pretty helpful and hopefully quicker results with the right analysis and metering options
This ^^

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

Oquasec wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Upgrading Parsec would cost less than getting Harmor for me since I think parsec 2 was 30$? Yeah
Got my Harmor on Black Friday, about 44 bucks. It's a beast...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

WarStar wrote:
21 Sep 2019
Maybe a Kick Drum and Bass balancer which would include two metering comparison modules to balance the kick and bass. This would require compression and gate options as well as automatable volume envelope curve control. Include genre specific compression, gate, envelope curves/releases specific to particular styles, ie Rock, pop, hip-hop, edm, etc. with user specific options as well. In addition to the comp/gate/envelope options also feature breakouts for external processing. Also include in the metering comparison section "target" zones for appropriate kick to bass balance...

Edit: maybe also feature a mid/mono option to make sure your low end isnt sucking up too much of the stereo field.

I know there's fairly easy approaches to achieve a good kick/bass balance but having a specific RE with this in mind might be pretty helpful and hopefully quicker results with the right analysis and metering options
Like Bassrom, but with two inputs and auto SC + balancing (optional saturation). Great idea!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Oquasec

21 Sep 2019

Signature bundle seems good enough so Ima just spend my dough on Reason devices instead since I'm not gonna practice that layout.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Spaceship

21 Sep 2019

Drum synthesis modules

ShawnG

21 Sep 2019

a kicked up version of Blue Cat's Re-guitar VST. can take the signal from a known guitar configuration (pickups, body style, wood density etc.) and apply the characteristics of another guitar. with the addition that it can emulate different tunings, so I can experiment with DADGAD or something else, while my guitar is still in EADGBE. (the last part is probably a stretch, with a standard mono guitar signal as a base tone, but I've been around in this game long enough to see the impossible become reality before)

and +1 to the earlier ask for a drummer, ala Jamstix in RE form.

Proboscis

22 Sep 2019

ShawnG wrote:
21 Sep 2019
a kicked up version of Blue Cat's Re-guitar VST. can take the signal from a known guitar configuration (pickups, body style, wood density etc.) and apply the characteristics of another guitar.
It would be great to see more plugins for guitarists. Hoping Phoenix Pro VST comes to the Rack. :lol:

ShawnG

22 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
22 Sep 2019
ShawnG wrote:
21 Sep 2019
a kicked up version of Blue Cat's Re-guitar VST. can take the signal from a known guitar configuration (pickups, body style, wood density etc.) and apply the characteristics of another guitar.
It would be great to see more plugins for guitarists. Hoping Phoenix Pro VST comes to the Rack. :lol:

Rofl :puf_bigsmile:

To be clear though, my suggestion wasn't a joke, or a request for a talent replacer plug, in case that was implied by your response.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
22 Sep 2019
ShawnG wrote:
21 Sep 2019

Hahahaha. Brilliant :):):):):).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Heigen5

22 Sep 2019

I'd like the Subtraktor screws to get a link to the LFOs.

WarStar

22 Sep 2019

Boombastix wrote:
21 Sep 2019
WarStar wrote:
21 Sep 2019

Like Bassrom, but with two inputs and auto SC + balancing (optional saturation). Great idea!
Yes!!

kuhliloach

22 Sep 2019

I would like a Rack Extension that is some kind of secret synth engine with 1,000 presets. The UI should have nothing on it except for the preset selector, and background art.

Creativemind

22 Sep 2019

Ottostrom wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Looks really cool. What is it? lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

22 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
22 Sep 2019
ShawnG wrote:
21 Sep 2019

That is fantastic.

I've mentioned this before, I'd like a Player Re that enables you to play up to 16 chords on 16 pads like Kong type thing but you can assign chords to the pads. So stick it on your chosen rack instrument, vst or Re and then click the pad to hear the chord. Obviously you can choose the octave too and the note length. Even assign the pads to the keys on your midi controller.

I had this idea before players existed so it was an Re then but now a player Re would be better. Although, this could be something Reason Studio's could just add to a Scales & Chords Player 2 along with the ability to play one specific chord type up and down the keyboard and a strum feature. I've just had the idea that you could right click the pads and a menu list appears. Notes from A-G# on the left, select one, then chord types in the middle (major, minor, maj7, min7, 5th, sus4th, add9th etc) then the octave on the right, 1-7.

Creativemind

22 Sep 2019

Lov2sing wrote:
21 Sep 2019
I like a device that could capture playing styles. You could port n audio file and it would isolate and capture one algorithm or divide many and you could choose someone playing style in your own tracks. I would call it, Session Player.

I would like an device to use an audio track or ones own voice and it could control any instrument that is in the rack. I would call it the, Voice Player.
Good ideas.

pushedbutton

22 Sep 2019

Singstar™
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Melody303

22 Sep 2019

1. Illformed Glitch as an RE. Key points: Good effects, good sequencer for said effects, good randomizers for each effect individually, all of them at once, and/or their sequence.
2. Pianoteq as an RE, with CV control over all parameters.
3. More algorithmic reverb engines. Ones based on Big Sky, ones based on Black Hole, ones based on Erbe Verb, and new otherworldly ones.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

DParris

22 Sep 2019

An RE that models different transformers, with choices of core types, knobs for inductance and gain, etc.

I'd buy the sh** out of that.

Faastwalker

22 Sep 2019

Can someone RE this;

https://www.gamechangeraudio.com/plasma-rack/

Because the hardware is fucking amazing with a price to match! :-/

https://www.gamechangeraudio.com/shop/plasma-rack/

Creativemind

23 Sep 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Sep 2019
Can someone RE this;

https://www.gamechangeraudio.com/plasma-rack/

Because the hardware is fucking amazing with a price to match! :-/

https://www.gamechangeraudio.com/shop/plasma-rack/
Nice.

Wobbleburger

23 Sep 2019

A super spider (CV/Audio) with a probability matrix.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

• Information