Make up your own Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

Serious or silly, doesn't matter.
Let your imagination run wild.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

Here are my ideas:

A-list Banjos
Would actually be way cooler than the existing ones.

Radical Bagpipes
I would buy it just for the heck of it.

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

I'd buy both Banjo and Bagpipe. In the other thread Ukulele was mentioned, I'd love that too.

I'd like to have a multiband SSL style gate with split frequency detection, dry/wet, and a "creative mode" which let's you do stutter fx inside each band.
Basically a combination of 4Dyne, the SSL, Glitch RE and iZotope StutterEdit. With break out jacks for each band of course.
Last edited by diminished on 20 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

guitfnky

20 Sep 2019

more than anything, I want a Player device that would help to generate realistic drum performances (the way a real drummer would), with customizable patterns, randomization, and importantly, the feel/groove (velocity and timing) of a real drummer.

basically a more user-friendly version of Rayzoon’s Jamstix, but in a Player format. I’d pay more than the R11 Suite upgrade price for this alone.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

praznovsky.m
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

I wanna one shot sample player with curved adsr, gate in and out, so i could layer drums without combinator. I even consider to learn c++.

boingy

20 Sep 2019

I'd like a Rack Extension that can act as a container for other DAWs.

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

praznovsky.m wrote:
20 Sep 2019
I wanna one shot sample player with curved adsr, gate in and out, so i could layer drums without combinator. I even consider to learn c++.
what do you mean, like the NN-nano in Kong?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Ottostrom

20 Sep 2019

Oquasec

20 Sep 2019

Parsec 3.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Proboscis

20 Sep 2019

Only yesterday, I was considering a blank 4u Rack Extension that allows image backdrops to be added, like a Combinator. That would be it's sole purpose, to load graphics. I would add things like scales, chord shapes, song key etc.

manisnotabird

20 Sep 2019

I'm currently using the VoltSH-1 for S&H CV duties, but would like a dedicated S&H CV module that lets you use one gate signal to sample multiple inputs, or use multiple gate inputs to sample the same signal at different points. Maybe it would have eight gate inputs and eight sample inputs, but the first input of each type would be normalized to all the others.

manisnotabird

20 Sep 2019

Also, a sampler with a full featured mod matrix.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

Oquasec wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Parsec 3.
Harmor...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Bes
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

ahh has anyone played Tantrix? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantrix

my RE idea is a player device where users arrange a line of tiles maybe a max of 8 to keep the visuals big, each tile representing a unit of musical time (1 bar, 8 bars etc) that would basically automate a feature of the midi notes (Vel, transpose etc) between user assignable values. then id make tiles that represent simple musically common features and maybe a set of rules to make choosing the tiles more of a game. i like the idea of using something like this as a teaching device
- Certified Reason expert

BRIGGS

20 Sep 2019

How about a sand box RE that lets you build whatever you want, and has a built-in market to trade creations via straight swap or a crypto token?
r11s

MannequinRaces

20 Sep 2019

RE #1 - probably not possible with current SDK but it’d be cool to have a RE that could load Creative Commons videos from YouTube or other sources for easy sampling inside of Reason. (I know there are ways to sample system audio but this would be cool to have it all in Reason)

RE #2 - one exactly like Distillery but with distortion, filter, bit crush, and ring mod effects.

RE #3 - a sample morpher where you can load up around 10 samples and then morph between them with different speeds, etc..

Oquasec

20 Sep 2019

Upgrading Parsec would cost less than getting Harmor for me since I think parsec 2 was 30$? Yeah
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

sdst
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

sdst wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Looks good. But it could use a kitten or a pink dolphin somewhere. Other than that, looks great.

JunctionArsonist

21 Sep 2019

Oquasec wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Parsec 3.
Props releasing parsec 2 a week after I bought the first was painful. As soon as I upgrade to 2, they will surely release 3. Get ready for it, everyone.

praznovsky.m
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Sep 2019
praznovsky.m wrote:
20 Sep 2019
what do you mean, like the NN-nano in Kong?
Something even more simple.

Specification:
You could load just 1 sample.
You have fade in and fade out button.
You could change sample start in ms.
You have adsr for volume.
You have 1 master volume fader.
You have 1 audio out.
You have 1 cv in and 1 cv out, so you can trigger another re or from another re (like trigerring drums in redrum)
Max 2U in height.

Sampler like this could make layered drums (kicks, snares, claps, impact fx from drums) in Reason easier
to me. I know i can use nn19 and mixer, or combinator or redrum or kong... for this, but im looking for a device that
-dont eat half screen.
-allows to use different third party REs or VSTs for every layer.
-dont show me unused slots, so i dont feel that feeling, i could add another layer 😁.

WarStar

21 Sep 2019

Maybe a Kick Drum and Bass balancer which would include two metering comparison modules to balance the kick and bass. This would require compression and gate options as well as automatable volume envelope curve control. Include genre specific compression, gate, envelope curves/releases specific to particular styles, ie Rock, pop, hip-hop, edm, etc. with user specific options as well. In addition to the comp/gate/envelope options also feature breakouts for external processing. Also include in the metering comparison section "target" zones for appropriate kick to bass balance...

Edit: maybe also feature a mid/mono option to make sure your low end isnt sucking up too much of the stereo field.

I know there's fairly easy approaches to achieve a good kick/bass balance but having a specific RE with this in mind might be pretty helpful and hopefully quicker results with the right analysis and metering options

FLVZ

21 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Sep 2019
Serious or silly, doesn't matter.
Let your imagination run wild.
Complex one modules available as a individual REs
MannequinRaces wrote:
20 Sep 2019

RE #2 - one exactly like Distillery but with distortion, filter, bit crush, and ring mod effects.

Sounds like you just need to master Synchronous

stxlm

21 Sep 2019

A Player device that has the power to randomise the patch for the device it's controlling, in an orderly fashion - randomise all, or certain parameters, then lock down some parameters and randomise further.

Also, Sonic Charge MicroTonic, completely as is, but that would require an improved SDK.

Lov2sing

21 Sep 2019

I like a device that could capture playing styles. You could port n audio file and it would isolate and capture one algorithm or divide many and you could choose someone playing style in your own tracks. I would call it, Session Player.

I would like an device to use an audio track or ones own voice and it could control any instrument that is in the rack. I would call it the, Voice Player.
We make music for a reason

• Information