KRON and ARCUS Updates / Alien Seed REs are on sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
starship
Posts: 181
Joined: 04 Sep 2015

Post 02 Oct 2019

Boombastix wrote:
30 Sep 2019
First - I will dig through the KRON Combinators. But I got stuck on the 4th patch, starting to make a new song :lol:
Oh, well, I'll get to them all...eventually...
haha :) :)

Yeah, that's a good way of putting it, looking for *movement*.

student9v
Posts: 47
Joined: 29 Sep 2018

Post 23 Nov 2019

How to do autopan?

For example, I need for instrument -75L / 75R, -50L / 50R for another, 25L / 25R for a third, etc. I am using Curve from Matrix.

If I am using the CV MOD knob in CV Suite Parametrix, so it is simple. I turned CV MOD 50%, got -50L / 50R.

But I do not understand how to do the same in User Knobs. My sound goes either to the right or to the left. To do the same, I have to manually set high and low boundaries. But how to do it with one button, as in CV Suite Parametrix?

pan.png
pan2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: 5, 11 Lite, 7 x64

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 6796
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 23 Nov 2019

I think you need to set it to bipolar instead of unipolar.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

student9v
Posts: 47
Joined: 29 Sep 2018

Post 23 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
23 Nov 2019
I think you need to set it to bipolar instead of unipolar.
I tried, the result is either left, or right, or 50% of the signal. There seems to be no easy way.
:reason: 5, 11 Lite, 7 x64

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 268
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 23 Nov 2019

I'd try using the k input on the arcus, not the m input. I'd also try using the combinator knobs to achieve the result. When I'm not 100% sure what the cv is doing I find using the combinator helps because you get the visual of the knob moving around

User avatar
starship
Posts: 181
Joined: 04 Sep 2015

Post 23 Nov 2019

There's a few ways. :)

Yeah, use the K (knob) input! The M is midpoint and can do neat things but it's not the straightforward input.

Back panel:
there's level adjusters on 3 outs for each section, largely for this exact purpose! :) So one section can drive 4 pans: the normal out plus the extra 3. And you can use the invert and negate toggles to help with this. It's how I wire up all of my combi patches' stereo spread knobs. So there should be examples of this in the combi patches.

To change an individual section:
Bipolar:
1) change the level property (defaults to 100%)
2) click and drag on the L button (I, N, L in a column) to change the high and low boundaries at once, directly.

Unipolar:
1) change the level property (I think)
2) click and hold different command keys on that L button. Honestly forget which is which, but it's in the manual. It's ctrl for one direction, alt for another. Basically It will move just the high and mid or just the low and mid.

So the easiest I think is just using the front or back panel level properties. And the way I set up pans is to set all of the pans to the middle and mod them with unipolar signals. I use the level knobs on half of them, and negate half of them. Not invert, negate. So then it's a bunch of positive and negative unipolar signals operating from the middle. At least that's how I do it when I'm setting a static pan amount via an arcus knob. Bipolar makes a lot of sense too, but I do that when I want a 0-100% pan spread combi knob.

cheers!

student9v
Posts: 47
Joined: 29 Sep 2018

Post 23 Nov 2019

As I understand it, it is impossible to use knob as an amplifier between -100/100 and 0. A few movements. I have to set at least two borders - upper and lower. And I would like to change the spread from 100 to 0 with one knob without setting the boundaries.
:reason: 5, 11 Lite, 7 x64

User avatar
starship
Posts: 181
Joined: 04 Sep 2015

Post 23 Nov 2019

Have you looked at the special behavior options in the options menu?

"Knobs with non-default sources" -- Choose "Scale as Uni" or "Bi". I'm not real clear on what you're trying to do. 2 different interpretations of what you said, one would use bi scaling, the other uni. So one of the two. :)
"Separate Knobs with Mod Inputs" -- select this

That should make the knobs be scalers for the CV coming in on the K(nob) inputs. For bi scaling, the middle will be 0, left -100%, right 100%. Or you could do uni scaling on a bipolar signal.. Maybe that's more what you're talking about. Then all the way left is 0% and all the way right is 100% of the bipolar signal, so full -100 to 100. And I'm assuming when you say +/-100 you mean % or actual values -1 to 1.

student9v
Posts: 47
Joined: 29 Sep 2018

Post 24 Nov 2019

Thanks! Now it worked out!

I set two options for adjusting autopan:

1) Separate Knobs with Mod Inputs
2) Knobs with non-default sources -> Scale as Bi

RE is powerful, but I want simple video tutorials.

Image
:reason: 5, 11 Lite, 7 x64

User avatar
starship
Posts: 181
Joined: 04 Sep 2015

Post 24 Nov 2019

Cool! Sorry, I misunderstood the question the first time around. Nice gif!

student9v
Posts: 47
Joined: 29 Sep 2018

Post 24 Nov 2019

starship wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Cool! Sorry, I misunderstood the question the first time around. Nice gif!
My language is not English, so it's hard for me to formulate thoughts, I'm sorry. I bought a plugin. Great $ 9 RE.

I noticed that I was used to the 0-127 measurement scale. Is it possible to make a setting to switch from 0-1 to 0-127?
:reason: 5, 11 Lite, 7 x64

User avatar
starship
Posts: 181
Joined: 04 Sep 2015

Post 24 Nov 2019

student9v wrote:
24 Nov 2019
starship wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Cool! Sorry, I misunderstood the question the first time around. Nice gif!
My language is not English, so it's hard for me to formulate thoughts, I'm sorry. I bought a plugin. Great $ 9 RE.

I noticed that I was used to the 0-127 measurement scale. Is it possible to make a setting to switch from 0-1 to 0-127?
No worries!

Use the bi/uni mode to do that. Instead of using unipolar, use "velocities." It's the exact same output; it just displays 0-127 instead of 0-1. Smooth notes is similar too; it displays as notes but it's continuous unipolar output.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], gullum and 7 guests