What REs/VSTs would you pay almost anything to keep?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

Sometimes the actual pricetag doesn't match how much we subjectively actually value something.
A compressor you bought for 20 bucks might in fact be worth a lot more to you. Maybe you would be ready pay 5 times as much for it knowing how much you love it and rely on it.
Name some of your "must have" REs/VTSs and how much you would actually be ready to pay for them if you had to in order to keep them.

I'm not talking about purchasing them again, more like, knowing what you know now about your favorites, how much would you have been willing to pay for them?
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 31 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

I wouldn't pay anything to keep my stuff, I'm not the kind of person that you can extort.
I also don't want to give a potential subscription model any leverage.
But my favorites are Repro-5 and The Legend, which that one Legend-only track of yours also proves so perfectly.

Edit after Tritone's edit: I'm a cheapskate but if a Behringer Model D is 300€ and I think that's fair, Repro1+5(+Legend, if bundled) have a subjective value of 500-600€ easily.
Last edited by diminished on 31 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

boingy

31 Aug 2019

Omnisphere. In fact I did pay almost anything to get it but it's absolutely the best VST instrument I have. Then again, I really like pads!
Also love Diva, Iris 2, RP RAW and Predator 2.

if I could only have one VST it would probably be Predator 2. Not because it's the best at anything but because it is a great all-rounder and has an astonishing number of presets to lose yourself in.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

Matchlock, Animus, Synapse Chorus and Synapse Deep Reverb. That’s me all set. How much will those cost me? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ShelLuser

31 Aug 2019

First of all I definitely agree with @diminished above, I paid for my stuff so.... yah.

But having said that, I'm really enthusiast about Complex-1; to me this thing is a sound designers dream come true. Sound design is one of my favorite activities in a DAW, and Complex makes this a lot more fun thanks to its "cable interface".

I think the pricing for some devices is definitely a bit weird. Complex sells for the same amount as a few other RE's even though I personally value it a lot higher, purely because of its huge potential for sound design.
--- :reason:

Reasonable man

31 Aug 2019

I think the noise engineering modules are unique to Re (other than hardware) so ...... They can prouce sounds not even possible in Complex-1 (which is a must buy too imo).

Expanse is not unique ( in the broader vst world) but exode has but some fantasic usable tables in it.
In my humble opinion after spending time over last few months going through re synths i have.....when it comes to quality sound mixed with sound design possibilites Zero and Parsec are hard to recreate as they are so unique in their features.
Proton can produce radical sounds (depending on the sample used of course) and of course Stringwerk and buffre.
(As i bore everyone to tears)

MannequinRaces

31 Aug 2019

Distillery for me. Easily worth twice the asking price or more.

stratatonic

31 Aug 2019

Legend

Jackjackdaw

31 Aug 2019

I value Drum sequencer, Kong and Pulveriser very highly. Whenever I get G.A.S. for a hardware drum machine like a Tr8s or something I fire up Reason with these three and realise I have exactly the tools I want already.

WarStar

31 Aug 2019

Parsec, Selig Leveler.. probably Legend once I get it lol

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2019

I put my price value on those that I absolutely couldn't let go off.

Disperser. Honestly. I'd pay €200 for this one if I had to. At this point I rely on it as much as i do on compression for mixing/production. And there's nothing else that does what this plugin does.
FRG-4RE Compressor . It just works for me. Easy to use and sounds good.
Carve EQ Ducker. Nothing fancy or fun, but so useful. I'd probably pay €150 for it if I had to.
Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb. Sounds absolutely awesome, especially on synths.
CrapRe 2. Might be a joke plugin, but despite the way it looks and some silly features, it's actually super useful. Love the warm crunchy distortion. The pitch wobble feature is great too. Don't judge a book by it's cover, that's all I can say. Easily worth €100 for me.

Sometimes I feel like people just haven't realized how great/useful Disperser, Carve and Crapre 2 really are. I'm always the only one talking about them. :D

FLVZ

01 Sep 2019

VK2
Distillery
AD480
C1L1
Selig Leveler
RP Predator
Delta Midi Computer
ST100
Scales n Chords

These Res always find a way into most songs

Proboscis

01 Sep 2019

Not so sure about 'pay almost anything' but the two standouts for me are

1. Chenille Chorus by Jiggery Pokery. As I'm getting into more guitar lately, this plugin is a dream on clean tones. I bought that a long while ago, but at this moment it's impressing me far beyond what I already felt about it. Its also very tasty on non-guitar stuff as well.

2. Leveler by Selig Audio. This one was recommended to me by an engineer friend when it came out, for some work I was doing for a while. At full price, it paid for itself after one job. I think I demo'd it for all of an hour before I bought it. If I were still doing that stuff, I wouldn't think twice about upgrading to Reason 11 in order to use it in another DAW. Ironic that it would take a third party developer to see me upgrade, since at this moment I have no intention of doing so.

Alkua

01 Sep 2019

Selig Leveler and DeEsser. If I upgrade, these REs will be in Logic for sure.

• Information