Free Kuassa Graphics EQ Rack Extension in the shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

31 Aug 2019

dimi wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Guys, glad to see you spotted it ! :mrgreen:
It's a really great EQ for sculpting your tone and the wide mode is great on acoustic guitars or any other source :puf_bigsmile:
Enjoy!

Dimi
It would be really cool to see Kuassa create an all-in-one pedal board of the Efektor series ;)
It would be a separate purchase, but a cool way to bundle everything.

Something similar to ModularRE by Red Rock, but with pedal effects of course, which you could then use the layouts from your VST pedal effects:

boingy

31 Aug 2019

joeyluck wrote:
31 Aug 2019
dimi wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Guys, glad to see you spotted it ! :mrgreen:
It's a really great EQ for sculpting your tone and the wide mode is great on acoustic guitars or any other source :puf_bigsmile:
Enjoy!

Dimi
It would be really cool to see Kuassa create an all-in-one pedal board of the Efektor series ;)

Something similar to ModularRE by Red Rock, but with pedal effects of course, which you could then use the layouts from your VST pedal effects:
It's not an RE but Waves Stomps is what you need:

Use any 6 stomp boxes from a list of 25. Available in the GTR3 bundle which also includes amps and cabs. Currently on offer at $35 for the lot:

https://www.waves.com/bundles/gtr3

joeyluck

31 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
31 Aug 2019
joeyluck wrote:
31 Aug 2019

Use any 6 stomp boxes from a list of 25. Available in the GTR3 bundle which also includes amps and cabs. Currently on offer at $35 for the lot:

Well sure there's others out there, but they aren't Kuassa devices and they are REs...

BRIGGS

01 Sep 2019

:puf_smile: this:

r11s

boingy

01 Sep 2019

joeyluck wrote:
31 Aug 2019
boingy wrote:
31 Aug 2019

Well sure there's others out there, but they aren't Kuassa devices and they are REs...
I just feel we're a bit too inward looking sometimes. There is a world outside of REs and that world offers lots more choices and, usually, lower prices. Most folks don't need CV for most things. If you don't need CV then a VST solution may well yield something better and cheaper and it might even have scalable graphics. And, unlike REs, you can sell most VSTs if you fall out of love with them.

joeyluck

01 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
01 Sep 2019
joeyluck wrote:
31 Aug 2019

I just feel we're a bit too inward looking sometimes. There is a world outside of REs and that world offers lots more choices and, usually, lower prices. Most folks don't need CV for most things. If you don't need CV then a VST solution may well yield something better and cheaper and it might even have scalable graphics. And, unlike REs, you can sell most VSTs if you fall out of love with them.
Oh for sure, unless you are a fan of particular plugins. I'm not suggesting this in lieu of other things. I'm suggesting this for people who really like their products. Maybe they are working on something similar already in VST format. But would still be cooler as a RE for Reason.

Proboscis

02 Sep 2019

How many studio racks have you seen with pedals installed ?

It all starts to get a little cheesy when unrealistic designs are implemented into the Reason environment, and my vote would be for Kuassa to keep doing what they do, that is to release devices resembling rack unit effects.

boingy

02 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
02 Sep 2019
How many studio racks have you seen with pedals installed ?

It all starts to get a little cheesy when unrealistic designs are implemented into the Reason environment, and my vote would be for Kuassa to keep doing what they do, that is to release devices resembling rack unit effects.
That's kinda my point though. There is a world beyond the rack. We're spoilt with the ability to mix and match VSTs and REs. Not everything has to live in the rack.

Proboscis

02 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
02 Sep 2019
That's kinda my point though. There is a world beyond the rack. We're spoilt with the ability to mix and match VSTs and REs. Not everything has to live in the rack.
My comment was in response to the other guys suggestion. But to your post - since Reason started being VST capable, I've bought the odd dirt cheap special offer and.... well VST really annoys me !

The installation process is a pain, and would be a nightmare to manage if one has many plugins from different sources, but mostly, I can't stand the floating windows. Despite this, something that's become a regular VST feature in my rack is an Audio Tuner, which is excellent for tuning my outboard instruments, having several side by side to visual observe which notes are being played back, plus I do a lot of note changes via the pitch wheel to make a smooth transition with zero attack (and a lot of sounds are not in tune). So clicking the 'keep open' button on and off all the time is a pet peeve. On top of that the VST window randomly disappears sometimes, which I think is due to my configuration of using two screen and having the mixer, sequencer and rack all as standalone. If someone made a tuner for the rack, it would save a lot of woes. I'm perplexed as to why its not a standard feature in Reason.

jam-s

02 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
02 Sep 2019
If someone made a tuner for the rack, it would save a lot of woes. I'm perplexed as to why its not a standard feature in Reason.
Reason does have an integrated tuner (albeit in the sequencer and not in the rack, but it can also be detached into a floating window):

https://a.phcdn.se/Reason10/Manuals/Rea ... Manual.pdf (p. 143)

Proboscis

03 Sep 2019

jam-s wrote:
02 Sep 2019
Reason does have an integrated tuner (albeit in the sequencer and not in the rack, but it can also be detached into a floating window):
Hi there - yes, I know all about the Reason tuner, and have the short lived propellerheads audio interface that has a dedicated button to launch the window. But from memory, it loses focus when selecting new tracks, doesn't read MIDI notes, can't launch multiple instances and has no note frequency display. Always seemed to me like another 'half finished' development.

I'm currently using the free GVST tuner, which does almost everything I want. However a 1u rack unit would be awesome.

selig
RE Developer

03 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Hi there - yes, I know all about the Reason tuner, and have the short lived propellerheads audio interface that has a dedicated button to launch the window. But from memory, it loses focus when selecting new tracks, doesn't read MIDI notes, can't launch multiple instances and has no note frequency display. Always seemed to me like another 'half finished' development.
It doesn't loose focus when you switch between armed tracks, but if you switch to a new audio track, the new track will get "armed" (and be the only track armed) and thus focus will move to the track. This is because the tuner is first an audio meter showing record levels, and only works on tracks that are armed.
For example, if you have three armed audio tracks with the tuner set to the second, switch tracks in the sequencer won't switch the meter/tuner.
FWIW, I find it works fine for guitars, and never needed anything more (I don't use my little Korg tuner any more because it's quicker to use Reason).
Selig Audio, LLC

Proboscis

03 Sep 2019

selig wrote:
03 Sep 2019
It doesn't loose focus when you switch between armed tracks, but if you switch to a new audio track, the new track will get "armed" (and be the only track armed) and thus focus will move to the track. This is because the tuner is first an audio meter showing record levels, and only works on tracks that are armed.
For example, if you have three armed audio tracks with the tuner set to the second, switch tracks in the sequencer won't switch the meter/tuner.
FWIW, I find it works fine for guitars, and never needed anything more (I don't use my little Korg tuner any more because it's quicker to use Reason).
Fair enough, wrong terminology on my part for what you are expressing. Ultimately, the Reason tuner does not function for the way I like to work. Thankfully GVST does the job, albeit with the floating windows

boingy

04 Sep 2019

When did that tuner get added? I completely missed that!

MarkTarlton

04 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
When did that tuner get added? I completely missed that!
If my memory is correct, it's been there since Record, and than incorporated into Reason version 6 once Record was dropped.

selig
RE Developer

04 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Fair enough, wrong terminology on my part for what you are expressing. Ultimately, the Reason tuner does not function for the way I like to work. Thankfully GVST does the job, albeit with the floating windows
I haven't had any trouble with the built in tuner myself, acknowledging everyone works differently. I have it set to F1, so I can quickly call it up. It's always active on the track on which I'm recording, which is what I want (you wouldn't want to tune a track you're not recording). It's also a high resolution input meter, which is handy when recording - and having it all in one place works quite well for me.
Basically it works so good I've never felt the need to even explore other options, but as always YMMV.

The only other function that would be any better is to have it called up with a foot switch! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
03 Sep 2019

Hi there - yes, I know all about the Reason tuner, and have the short lived propellerheads audio interface that has a dedicated button to launch the window. .
Excellent!!!!! I’d totally forgotten about that button despite it being right there in front of me every time I’m sitting by my pc.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Proboscis

04 Sep 2019

selig wrote:
04 Sep 2019
acknowledging everyone works differently.
Yep. One of several reasons I like to use tuning is to dial in precise pitch wheel automation changes, to emulate fretboard slides and to create seamless synth tracks with zero attack between notes.

A 1u rack extension showing the note, the freq, and perhaps even the octave would be an instant purchase if one were to make one (hint hint :lol: good to see you here by the way, I have used your leveler a LOT and your gain control ends up in most tracks when I'm at the mixing stage of a project)

• Information