You won't believe—I didn't know about all these free REs!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Last Alternative

30 Aug 2019

So I must've been out of the RE loop far longer than I ever realized because I saw the post about the free Turn2On RE (thank you) and out of curiosity looked to see what else is free that I don’t have. Next thing you know I have 97 REs & ReFills in my cart for $0 & zero cents! But boy did it take a while to add and download! Can’t say I’ll use them all but at least now I have new toys to play with and delete the ones I don't like. I’m pretty certain there’s a few diamonds in the rough.
So then I thought y’know I haven’t synced my dongle in a long time and guess what! The last time I did was R8!!! Damn so that tells me I haven’t paid for an RE in over 2 years, not to mention, had things that needed to be updated for longer - such as my dongle and all the Kuassa amps. [My theory is I became accustomed to the auto-update notifications within Reason]
It also reminded me I sorta lost my passion for a while there. HOWEVER! This R11 bullsh is making me appreciate what I have and actually becoming an inspiration.

One strange thing tho: in the process of authorizing, 2 authorizers opened up and I got this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

The last few times Reason updated, my computer told me Reason is 32bit so I called Apple; they said call PH. Called PH; they said to disregard - that Reason IS 64bit and the errors are just due to fragments of old code. Someone in here recommended that I update the athorizer/dongle, yet that's not the case. I take it it is the old code? But then why did everyone act like it doesn't happen to them, I wonder :|

Lastly, a final thought, I just thought I'd share my shock like always to see plugins for $2-almost $400 - WOWZERZ I don't understand that. Although I know Serum isn't cheap and I REALLY want it. Honestly, my friend has it and the presets alone blow my socks off. I wished Reason's presets were that caliber. Maybe someday. (geez I'm always saying that about Reason)
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

FLVZ

30 Aug 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Although I know Serum isn't cheap and I REALLY want it. Honestly, my friend has it and the presets alone blow my socks off. I wished Reason's presets were that caliber. Maybe someday. (geez I'm always saying that about Reason)
Reason has arguably the best stock sounds and presets by far. Some of the biggest songs in the industry were made by the stock devices in Reason NNXT/Thor/NN19. Also its not really fair to compare a DAW to a VST. But then again the Reason Rack VST kicks serum ass *Kanye Shrug* more than likely :D . I strongly reccomend spending some time with the stock presets, its inception!

selig
RE Developer

30 Aug 2019

Check out the full list of free REs here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7258239
Selig Audio, LLC

EpiGenetik

30 Aug 2019

Last Alternative wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Honestly, my friend has it and the presets alone blow my socks off. I wished Reason's presets were that caliber. Maybe someday. (geez I'm always saying that about Reason)
This is an over-simplistic response, and doesn’t cover enough ground to tell the whole story; but for me the short of it is that if you’re doing something with one or two tracks such as a minimal soundtrack or ambient piece then reaching for the VST presets can save you lots of time and effort. However, anything with 16+ tracks such as house or hip-hop etc. is best served with the majority of the tracks being basic building block sounds rather than showpieces.

• Information