Channel EQ in Reason 11

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
nooomy

29 Aug 2019

antic604 wrote:
28 Aug 2019
guitfnky wrote:
28 Aug 2019
do you want it taller to accommodate the spectrum part of your request, or because you feel it could use more room, given how it’s currently laid out?
I meant for the spectrum display. The layout is fine, although I hope they make it much more "sexy" and colorful like the two other new FX devices. Those look like they've put them together half an hour before announcement. Just for example compare the fonts they've used across the three of them - they're all over the place. Or how sidechain signal's status is reported differently ;) :D

Hope those are just placeholders.
nah i like the clean Scandinavian look ;)

/swed

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

30 Aug 2019

Free preview for you guys, website will be updated soon with the correct graphics!

guitfnky

30 Aug 2019

okay, those are legit.

nice work!
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Steedus
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

Thanks for the update!

Breach The Sky

30 Aug 2019

Well, that's MUCH better. Good work!

riemac

30 Aug 2019

Looks nice, but what does Reason classic mean?

dan_g

30 Aug 2019

this looks nice, Thanks for that insight Mattias
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Loque

30 Aug 2019

Yea, look much better. I like the glow of the blue LED buttons.

I do not dare to ask...how does the back look?
Reason12, Win10

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

30 Aug 2019

riemac wrote:
30 Aug 2019
That they're based on the classic Reason mixer. :)
Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2019

The outputs on the Dynamics are particularly sweet to apply dynamics from your audio to other parts of the rack.

antic604

30 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Free preview for you guys, website will be updated soon with the correct graphics!
Ok, those look pretty sweet now :o :thumbs_up:

Loque

30 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
30 Aug 2019
riemac wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2019

The outputs on the Dynamics are particularly sweet to apply dynamics from your audio to other parts of the rack.
While i was hoping for a Note-Input for the LPF/HPF they look good from backside and have at least a few inputs and also usefull output likes the Gain Reduction Output. I appreciate this. Well done :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

antic604

30 Aug 2019

riemac wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Well spotted! I've feeling they're gonna take up few "Reason Classic" devices and bundle them in a free - or cheap - standalone version of Rack VST, as a gateway to the RE shop? Obviously this will happen only some time after v11 is out, so that people on the edge (of leaving Reason for other DAW) have an incentive to upgrade to v11 :)

miscend

30 Aug 2019

Hopefully you will update the Reason mixer graphics so its compatible with Dark mode.

Yonatan

30 Aug 2019

I second on the usability of having dry/wet mix knob on the compressors. It would make them even more worth having as separate devices.

selig
RE Developer

30 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
30 Aug 2019
riemac wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Loque wrote:
30 Aug 2019

Damn, that's sweet - having CV extends the functions of the originals greatly! That's one more advantage to having these as separate devices, in addition to being able to include them in a Combinator and use them BEFORE the signal even hits the Big Mixer.
Selig Audio, LLC

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

They look great.

I'm so gonna use the Master bus compressor all over the place.

Kalm

30 Aug 2019

selig wrote:
29 Aug 2019
GUI inspiration:
I'm looking to get the fusion sometime soon. They should just bite the cost and develop a new Class using the same principles of he SSL Fusion to go along with the SSL strips they already have
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

seqoi

31 Aug 2019

Oh updated GUIs are great!!

vondersulzburg

31 Aug 2019

Sorry if I missed it but why can't I save presets/load presets as I have e.g. with Ableton Glue, and .........

Wouldn't this be something these devices should have.
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

Djstarski

31 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
30 Aug 2019

I`m loving what you guys are coming up with . One question , why do we need the off option ? i`m sure bypass and on will do fine . Off just turns everything , well off like its muted . Or am i missing something ?

S1GNL

31 Aug 2019

vondersulzburg wrote:
31 Aug 2019
Sorry if I missed it but why can't I save presets/load presets as I have e.g. with Ableton Glue, and .........

Geez, that’s a Propellerheads classic... doesn’t make sense at all why they haven‘t implemented the feature. Let’s wait for R12.

miscend

31 Aug 2019

vondersulzburg wrote:
31 Aug 2019

Compression and EQ are source dependent. Presets are useless even as a starting point. The MClass devices don't have preset saving either. And you can always save them inside a combi if you really have to store specific settings.

Cesco

31 Aug 2019

MattiasHG wrote:
30 Aug 2019

Look absolutely great :thumbs_up:

Question Mattias:

1. Will also the spectrum EQ window come?

2. Will it be possible to transfer / copy the settings from the mixer to the rack device?

vondersulzburg

31 Aug 2019

miscend wrote:
31 Aug 2019
vondersulzburg wrote:
31 Aug 2019

Compression and EQ are source dependent. Presets are useless even as a starting point. The MClass devices don't have preset saving either. And you can always save them inside a combi if you really have to store specific settings.
Yes, but if I am tweaking and find it sounds okay I can store it as a " working preset" and tweak again and save that too. So I do not have to remember the last settings. And some basic settings for Guitar, Bass, vocals seem to be welcome at Ableton, FL-Studio, Cubase, Logic, and to implement it as a basic feature and let every body to decide to use it is the better solution. A combinator is a not so "prickelnd" (German.
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

guitfnky

31 Aug 2019

miscend wrote:
31 Aug 2019
vondersulzburg wrote:
31 Aug 2019

while I personally agree, there are loads of EQ and compression plugins that have presets. I have to assume that some people do use them as at least a starting point. it shouldn’t be a difficult feature to implement, and if you don’t use presets (like us), they can just be ignored. I don’t see a reason not to include them.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information