Scenic Hybrid Instrument - let's speculate :)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
fieldframe

Post 06 Sep 2019

platzangst wrote:
06 Sep 2019
"why was this put in suite?"

Probably to try and get you to buy the suite.

The number of you who are almost eager to dismiss the thing outright when we haven't actually seen it in action at all is kind of amazing.
For me, this is the device that will determine whether I spring for Suite or just wait for Complex-1 to go on sale again as the latter is really the only other Suite product I have an interest in / don’t already own.

I’m hoping Scenic is a deep, versatile hybrid sample/modeling synth, and not a better-looking version of a DNA Labs testosterone rompler.
Welcome to TEST FIXTURE

Flavolous

Post 08 Sep 2019

fieldframe wrote:
06 Sep 2019
platzangst wrote:
06 Sep 2019
"why was this put in suite?"

Probably to try and get you to buy the suite.

The number of you who are almost eager to dismiss the thing outright when we haven't actually seen it in action at all is kind of amazing.
For me, this is the device that will determine whether I spring for Suite or just wait for Complex-1 to go on sale again as the latter is really the only other Suite product I have an interest in / don’t already own.

I’m hoping Scenic is a deep, versatile hybrid sample/modeling synth, and not a better-looking version of a DNA Labs testosterone rompler.
TBH, if it was a world beater they would be raving about it don't you think ? Its probably more in the Klang/Humana/Pangeae grade of useful but not essential. Marketing has been directed towards everything but this, early signs are not blowing my mind. Be interesting to see what the hybrid is though...

antic604

Post 09 Sep 2019

Flavolous wrote:
08 Sep 2019
TBH, if it was a world beater they would be raving about it don't you think?
That is if it was already finished. I've feeling that just like the SSL modules, Scenic simply wasn't ready to be announced and showcased. Just look at the GUI - it's not enigmatic. It's unfinished.

I hope they make it, because I'm genuinely curious :)
Bitwig 3 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

• Information