Softube won't be making REs anymore :(

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
owlymane

Post 13 Aug 2019

sdst wrote:
12 Aug 2019
very sad news
hope Softube leaves the REs for free before leaving. :)
That'd be great! :lol:

future-bit

Post 13 Aug 2019

owlymane wrote:
13 Aug 2019
sdst wrote:
12 Aug 2019
very sad news
hope Softube leaves the REs for free before leaving. :)
There is no such thing as a free lunch

MrFigg

Post 13 Aug 2019

future-bit wrote:
13 Aug 2019
owlymane wrote:
13 Aug 2019

€349 is a bit expensive for a bag of chips though.

owlymane

Post 13 Aug 2019

future-bit wrote:
13 Aug 2019
owlymane wrote:
13 Aug 2019

My mom used to make me free lunch. It's called love :D But I doubt Softube has that much love for us :lol:

owlymane

Post 13 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
13 Aug 2019
future-bit wrote:
13 Aug 2019

€349 is a bit expensive for a bag of chips though.
HAHAHA good one

ortxedys

Post 13 Aug 2019

dioxide wrote:
11 Aug 2019
ortxedys wrote:
11 Aug 2019
I feel that RE’s now will be left to the Reason enthusiast. I for one would buy a RE over a vst anyday.
Yeah I hope PH do something to secure the future of RE. I'm a Reason fanboy so I'll be focused on REs and Reason over anything else. But not everyone is like this and many are already using other DAWs and VSTs. I want to know what PH plan to do to stop everyone just jumping ship.
ortxedys wrote:
11 Aug 2019
I simply feel secure when buying RE’s. I imagine myself installing idk, Reason 15, 3 computers from now and every single RE i’ve bought just lined up ready to go for a download. Hopefully some developers see the upside to them... Am I the only that buys them for this very reason?
This is a big factor for me too. I dabbled with a few VSTs in the dark days of Reason, but it was also around the time that Apple switched over to Intel chips and everyone had to rewrite their plugins. The slow wait for devs to update their software, the realisation that many plugins might never be updated, and the pain of installations and serials are all reasons that I'm not keen on going down the VST path. All those problems still exist today. PH should really sell this side of REs more, it's a really important advantage over other formats.
Exactly. I mean, I do feel that some of the vst counterparts do have nicer interfaces. But the one thing I love about Reason is that it’s the only software that feels closest to hardware. I mean, self containing all samples within a project? The backwards compatibility has been top notch. That is also a huge reason why I stuck with Reason. Like you said, they need to play up to their advantages so people that aren’t us can see them as well.

Only time will tell how much they care about the RE format. It’s not the end all be all for me but I do feel like they have some upsides they need to acknowledge. Plus, I came into Reason in version 4. Everything up until now has been icing on the cake. I don’t need much to make good music.

djadalaide

Post 15 Aug 2019

It was initially nice to see Softube in the rack, but honestly, a lot of the smaller 3rd party fx provided by red rock, jiggery-pokery, kuassa, kilohearts, labone, lectric panda, numerical sound and (last 2 but not least) selig and synapse are more useful to me in day-to-day usage.

• Information